How to claim NTUC travel insurance

Travel insurance has become a very vital aspect of travel these days due to the uncertainties that surround us. You would need special care and help if you fall sick or face other inconveniences in a foreign country.

Before you make a claim with NTUC for a travel related aspect, you need to check whether it is covered under your travel insurance policy. The aspects covered under NTUC travel insurance is as follows:

  • Travel coverage includes trip cancellation/postponement/delay/reducing the number of days/disruption and missed connecting flights.
  • Baggage delay and loss is also covered.
  • Other losses like loss of money or documents is also covered.
  • Personal accident and medical expenses overseas as well as in Singapore is also covered by NTUC.

In order to help you understand the amount you could claim for any of these events, here is a table depicting the maximum benefit you can claim for a family under their plans called Preferred, Deluxe and Classic. The values are in Singapore dollars.

Table comparing the maximum benefits from the three plans:

Benefit Classic Deluxe Preferred
Trip cancellation 15,000 30,000 45,000
Delay in travel 2,000 3,000 4,000
Missing connecting flights 1,000 2,000 5,000
Personal accident 600,000 800,000 1,500,000
Medical expenses abroad 1,000,000 1,500,000 3,000,000
Medical evacuation while overseas 1,250,000 1,500,000 2,000,000
Baggage delay 2,000 2,400 4,000
Loss of money 450 600 800

The process of applying for a claim includes an understanding of the benefits covered under your travel insurance plan. While on travel, the most important thing to do would be to store all the bills charged or paid by you. If the bills are as a hard copy, ensure you keep them all in one place. You would be required to submit a copy of the necessary bills to claim for your travel insurance with NTUC.

Documents required to make a travel insurance claim

For medical expenses/personal accident claims

  • Since NTUC would ask for proof of the dates of your travel, you will have to save the boarding pass, flight itinerary or passport stamp.
  • In the unfortunate case of your sickness overseas, you will need to save the ambulance, medical and hospital bills.
  • In case of accidents, you will have to save a copy of the police report.
  • If you had a refund from a previous employer or insurer, you will have to submit the reimbursement letter as well.
  • In case of death on travel, the death certificate as well as autopsy report has to be submitted. Additionally, you need to submit proof of your relationship with the person who has passed away and the claim you are making on his/her behalf.

For travel-related claims

  • For proof of the dates of your travel, you will have to save the boarding pass, flight itinerary or passport stamp.
  • Confirmation letter from the travel agent/airline regarding the cost of non-refundable expenses.
  • Medical certificate from an authorised practitioner claiming you are not fit to travel in the case of your injury or illness leading to cancellation or postponement of your trip.
  • If postponement, shortening or cancellation is caused by the death of someone, you will need a copy of their death certificate. Additionally, you would require submitting a proof of your relationship with the deceased.
  • Flight itinerary that shows the rescheduled timings, in case of delay of travel.
  • Confirmation letter from the travel operator explaining the delay in travel or overbooking or missed connections.
  • A slip of acknowledgement and report for baggage delay.

For loss-related claims

  • Report from the police regarding the lost item(s).
  • Report filed with the authorities in case of damage of baggage or loss of baggage.
  • Proof of compensation paid by the airlines.
  • Photographs of the damaged item(s).
  • If you gave any item for repair, you need to have a document from the repairer stating the extent of damage and the cause.
  • The expenses you incurred to replace travel documents can be claimed if you save the copy of the invoice for the transport required to do so. Additionally, save the receipt for these expenses.

How to submit a claim to NTUC

  • Remember to submit the claim within a month of the incident(s).
  • To make a claim, visit the website of NTUC and fill out the travel claim form after taking a printout.
  • If your claim is not for medical reimbursement, you can simply scan the filled-out form along with the supporting documents and mail them to [email protected]
  • In case the size of your documents exceeds 30 MB, you could send them in parts such as Part1, Part2, etc.
  • You need to mention your travel policy number in the subject of the mail.
  • For claiming reimbursement for medical expenses, you will have to submit the printout along with the documents at an Income branch, or to your insurance adviser or post it to
  • Property & Casualty Claims

    Income, PO Box 0132

    Singapore 911802

  • You could easily find an Income branch near you by visiting their website. Additionally, for instant help you could call 6788 6616.

Remember, most claims are settled within 10 working days and during peak holiday season, the time taken could be more. For your reference, maintain a copy of the form as well as the documents. In the case of non-approval of your claim, you could take up the issue legally if those events were covered in your insurance policy.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.