Standard Chartered Bank is an international banking corporation with as many as 84,000 employees under its umbrella. It has rich history spanning 150 years of serving people and fulfilling their banking needs. They carry out banking operations like investments, wealth management, and trade in Asia, Middle East, and Africa. In Singapore, Standard Chartered Bank has around 17 branches, 31 ATMs, and 5 priority banking centres. There is a plethora of services offered by the Standard Chartered Bank that takes care of the financial needs of a large customer base. The internet banking service is one such feature that makes banking hassle-free and simple. From fund transfers to keeping a tab on your expenses, Standard Chartered Bank’s internet banking helps you in more ways than one.
How to apply for Standard Chartered ibanking services?
You can apply for Standard Chartered ibanking service in the following ways:
- You can visit your nearest Standard Chartered Bank branch and fill in an application form. You can submit the filled-in form with the representative in the bank.
- You can download the Standard Chartered ibanking service request form. You can mail it back after filling it in.
How to sign up for Standard Chartered ibanking?
To sign up for Standard Chartered online banking, you will have to fill an application form. The criteria to apply for this signing up process is as follows:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You must possess an active Standard Chartered ATM card, debit card of principal card, and the respective PIN numbers.
- You must have a mobile number that is registered with the Standard Chartered Bank.
- You can also visit the nearest Standard Chartered Bank branch and sign up.
- You can register with your Debit Card/Credit Card, or SC ATM.
- Once the details have been entered, the bank will verify them and send you an OTP only after successful verification.
- You will be provided with a temporary username and password that you can change after your first login.
How to login to your Standard Chartered Bank online account?
Once you set up the username and password of your Standard Chartered Online Banking account, you can make your first login.
Key benefits of using Standard Chartered Bank ibanking facility
The following are some of the key benefits of using the ibanking facility provided by the Standard Chartered Bank:
- You don’t have to stand in long queues for simple banking errands like transfer of funds. You can use the fund transfer feature on your ibanking portal and transfer money to anywhere and everywhere.
- You can access the e-statement of your account any time using ibanking.
- You can link your utility accounts with your online banking account and pay the bills using internet banking.
- You can update your registered phone number, address, and other details by just sitting at the comfort of your home.
- You can pay for purchases made online easily using the ibanking facility.
- You can keep a tab on all your expenses using the Standard Chartered ibanking facility.
- In case you need a new cheque book, you can raise a request online through Standard Chartered ibanking facility. Also, you can check the status of payee cheques through internet banking.
- You can move your funds in 30 seconds with FAST via Standard Chartered's online banking facility.
- You will be provided access to 13 major stock exchanges with a brokerage fees of 0.18% through your Standard Chartered online banking services.
Things to know while using Standard Chartered Bank online banking service
Following are a few pointers to keep in mind while using Standard Chartered Bank online banking services:
- Make sure that your personal information on the website remains updated all the time. Especially, your residential address, your mobile number and your email id should always be up to date.
- Refrain from using the ibanking service on a public computer to prevent fraudulent transactions and unwanted logins.
- Do not reveal the OTP, your username and password, your bank account number, and your credit card /debit card number to people you don't know.
- If you notice any unauthorized login from your account, contact the bank immediately.
- Keep changing the password of your ibanking account frequently.
- Once logged in, do not leave your Standard Chartered account unattended.
- Make sure that your PC has adequate anti-virus protection.
FAQs for Standard Chartered Bank internet banking services
- What kind of transactions can I make through Standard Chartered internet banking?
Ans: You can make the following transfer using Standard Chartered internet banking:
- You can make funds transfer to a third party account, your own account, and your overseas accounts.
- You can check your account details for loans, credit cards, and the deposits you make.
- You can make all your bill payments through Standard Chartered Internet Banking.
Ans: No, you will not have to pay any fees to transfer funds to your overseas accounts.
Ans: You will be required to have at least one savings or current account with Standard Chartered Bank before gaining access to Standard Chartered internet banking.
Ans: Yes, Standard Chartered internet banking is a free-of-cost service.
Ans: In case you forget your Standard Chartered username and password, you can go to the personal banking page and click on the “Forgotten password” tab. You can also visit the nearest branch of the bank to retrieve the information.