If you are looking for a savings account that offers attractive returns without imposing multiple conditions, such as minimum credit card spend or salary crediting, you could consider CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account. This account offers an interest of 0.8% p.a. on your entire account balance. Also, like any other CIMB savings account, this account doesn’t charge any fall below fee. Find out everything you need to know about this account.
Features and Benefits: Multiple Ways to Top Up Your Account
The various features and benefits associated with CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account are as follows:
- Link your CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account with CIMB Securities Cash Trading account. By doing so you can request for funds online through [email protected] - the trading portal.
- Get your new CIMB account number right away, provided your application is complete and you have provided all the required documents.
- Earn interest at the rate of 0.8% p.a. on your total account balance.
- Interest is computed daily. So when you make a top-up on any day of the month, you will earn the interest on your entire daily balance. However, your daily balance should be at least S$1,000.
- Enjoy the convenience of online banking services with access to CIMB Clicks.
- Enjoy multiple ways to top up your account, including in-branch deposit, monthly funds transfer, interbank GIRO and mail-in cheque.
- Opt for e-statements and enjoy waiver of your monthly account fee.
- The service charge fee is waived for ATM withdrawals at over 6,000 CIMB ATMs in Singapore and at any PLUS ATM worldwide.
- Experience quick funds transfer when you make transactions with participating banks through FAST. Service charge is waived when you transfer funds to selected CIMB Malaysia accounts.
Once you deposit money in the account, you will get an interest rate of 0.8% p.a. on the whole account balance, without having to fulfil any other requirements. However, you must maintain a minimum average daily balance of S$1,000 to earn the interest.
Fees and Charges
|Monthly Account Fee||S$1 (opt for e-statements to get this fee waived)|
|Early Account Closure Fee||S$50|
Here are the fees and charges associated with CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account:
Are You Eligible to Open This Account?
To open the CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account, you will have to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years old (younger applicants can open an In-Trust account with a legal guardian or parent).
- You will have to deposit a minimum amount of S$1,000.
You will have to submit the following documents to open the CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account:For Singaporeans, Malaysians and Permanent Residents:
- If your home address on the application form differs from the address on your identity card, you will need to submit a proof of address, such as a latest telephone bill or bank statement.
- Residential address proof that could be your bank statement, telephone bill or a letter from the government.
- Supporting documents that could be your Student Pass, Employment Pass, Dependant’s Pass or Work Permit.
How to Apply for CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account
You can apply for this account by filling in the details on the application form online. In case you require any help, you can call the customer support helpline CIMB At-Your-Service.
Q. How much amount will I have to deposit to earn interest?
A. You will have to deposit at least S$1,000 to earn interest on this account.
Q. Will I be charged a fee if I close this account in three months?
A. Yes, you will be charged an early account closure fee of S$50.
Q. Will the funds in this account be covered as part of the Deposit Insurance Scheme?
A. Yes, the funds in this account will be covered as part of the Deposit Insurance Scheme.
Q. What is the range of interest rate applied?
A. There is no range. You will get a flat interest rate of 0.8% p.a. on your deposits.
Q. How is the interest rate calculated?
A. The interest rate is calculated on a daily basis.