OCBC offers customers credit cards across categories that earn air miles, rewards, cashback and rebates. With a choice of 3 OCBC fuel credit cards, you can earn rewards as well as cashback on your fuel purchases. Here are the fuel credit cards offered by OCBC:
OCBC Fuel/Petrol Promotions
Caltex - Enjoy fuel discounts on OCBC credit cards in the following ways:
- Discounts of up to 23% on fuel on the OCBC 365 Credit Card.
- Instant discounts of up to 18% on all fuel grades with the NTUC and OCBC Plus! Credit Cards.
- 16% discount on Platinum 98 on other OCBC credit cards.
- 14% discount on petrol and diesel on other OCBC credit cards.
- This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
Esso - Enjoy fuel savings at Esso on OCBC credit cards in the following ways:
- Enjoy fuel savings of up to 18.5% + earn Smiles Points up to 2.5% on the OCBC Plus! and NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Cards.
- Enjoy fuel savings of up to 18.3% on the OCBC 365 Credit Card.
- Enjoy fuel savings of up 14% on other OCBC credit cards.
- This is an ongoing promotion until otherwise communicated by the bank.
Avis - Enjoy discounts of up to 35% on Standard Rates and up to 30% on International Leisure Rates when you pay using an OCBC Visa credit card. Also, get a complimentary Avis Preferred Membership. This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
- Uber - New users signing up with OCBC cards will enjoy S$5 discount on their first 4 Uber rides. Use promo code, “OCBCUBER20” after downloading the app. This promotion is valid until 31 December 2017.
Features and Benefits of OCBC Fuel Credit Cards
- OCBC 365 Credit Card - Here is how you can save on your petrol purchases with this credit card:
- Caltex - Fuel savings of up to 23% when you purchase the Platinum 98 with Techron at Caltex. Fuel savings of up to 21.1% when you purchase any other fuel brand from Caltex.
- Esso - Fuel savings of up to 18.3% including cashback, onsite discount, credit card discount and Esso Smiles Points.
- 5% cashback at all other fuel stations in Singapore.
- OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card and OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card - Fuel savings of up to 18.5% and 2.5% Smiles Savings in the following ways:
- Esso Smiles Card - 5% discount.
- Esso service station site - 5% discount.
- Plus! and NTUC Plus! - 0.2% spend rebate.
- Spend at least S$300 nett per month on the card and earn S$15 rebate, equivalent to 4.3% savings.
Interest Rates on OCBC Fuel Credit Cards
The interest rate on OCBC credit cards is 25.92% p.a. The minimum interest charged per month is S$2.50. In the event that you do not make full outstanding payments on your credit card bills, interest will be calculated every day from the transaction date and until the payment is made in full to the bank.
The interest-free period on OCBC credit cards is 23 calendar days from your statement date and is applicable only if you do not carry forward any balance from your previous credit card statement onto the next statement.
Other Fees and Charges
||Fees and Charges
|OCBC 365 Credit Card annual fees
• Principal card - S$192.60 (first 2 years’ fees waived).
• Supplementary card - $96.30 (first 2 years’ fees waived).
OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card
• Principal card - S$170 (first year fee waived). Automatic fee waiver upon charging S$2,500 in Visa transactions every year.
• Supplementary card - Free (for 3 cards)
OCBC NTUC! Visa Credit Card
• Principal card - Free (NTUC membership fees are applicable).
• Supplementary card - Free (for 3 cards).
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the withdrawn amount or S$15, depending on whichever of the two is higher.
|Interest on cash advance
|Late payment fees
|Lost or stolen card liability
Eligibility criteria for OCBC Fuel Credit Cards
- Nationality criterion - Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners are eligible to apply for OCBC fuel credit cards.
- Age criterion:
- Minimum age for principal credit card applicants - 21 years.
- Minimum age for supplementary credit card applicants - 18 years.
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents - S$30,000 per year.
- Foreigners - S$45,000 per year.
Documents Required for OCBC Fuel Credit Cards
Principal credit card applicants may be requested to submit any or all of the following documents:
- Personal identification proof such as a front and back copy of your NRIC or your Passport copy.
- Proof of income such as computerised payslips, Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment), CPF Contribution History, etc.
- Foreigners may have to submit additional documents including but not limited to Work Permit, Employment Pass, address proof, etc.
Supplementary credit card applicants will be requested to submit the following documents:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents must submit a front and back copy of their NRIC. Address proof document to be submitted if the mailing address on the NRIC is different.
- Foreigners must submit a copy of their Passport and Employment Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependant Pass or Long-term visit pass with a minimum validity period of 6 months. Additionally, address proof document such as a recent bank statement or utility bill must be submitted.
How to apply for OCBC Fuel Credit Cards
Applying for principal credit cards:
You can apply for an OCBC fuel credit card online on the bank’s website. Visit the OCBC Singapore website and navigate to the webpage of the credit card you wish to apply for. On the webpage, click on the option, “Apply Now”. Complete the online application form by following the required steps and upload the necessary documents to apply successfully.
Applying for supplementary credit cards:
Visit the respective credit card webpage or any credit card webpage of the bank and click on the option, “How to apply for a supplementary card”. You will be redirected to the supplementary credit card application form. Download this form, take a print out, fill-in the required details, attach the necessary documents and mail the form to the address printed on the first page of the form.
How to cancel an OCBC Fuel Credit Card
In order to cancel your OCBC credit card, you can download the “OCBC Credit Card Maintenance Form” available on the OCBC Singapore website. Download this form, take a print out, fill-in the details that are applicable to your cancellation request and submit the form to the bank.