Buying a house and building a home out of it requires a huge amount of financial and emotional investment. As your home is one of your most valuable assets, it deserves the best possible care, protection and insurance cover.
Overview of MSIG Home Insurance
Founded in the year 2001, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group (MSIG), is a result of the merger between Mitsui Marine & Fire Insurance Company and Sumitomo Marine & Fire Insurance Company. The company boasts of a rich heritage and powerful financial backing of its parent companies. MSIG has a network in every ASEAN country and was awarded the title of ‘General Insurance Company of the Year’ by Asia Insurance Review, in 2011. The company caters to the diversified insurance need of its wide network of customers offering personal insurance and commercial insurance products.
MSIG understands that as a proud owner of your dream home, you desire the best insurance cover for it. The comprehensive and innovative home insurances packages provided by MSIG Home Insurance provides protection to your home contents, building structure, family and pets.
Types of MSIG Home Insurance Packages
MSIG Enhanced HomePlus
MSIG's Enhanced HomePlus provides extensive protection for your renovations, home contents, renovations and loved ones.
Key Features and Benefits of Enhanced HomePlus
- The plan provides coverage against fraud by your domestic servants.
- The plan includes monthly service and conservancy fees.
- Emergency cash allowance is also offered within Enhanced HomePlus.
- The comprehensive plan provides up to $1 million in worldwide personal legal liability. This ensures you immense peace of mind to you and your family, even if you are away.
- Provided the cover for the building is taken up, this plan protects your from any legal liability arising from your ownership of the building.
- The plan provides coverage against death of your spouse and child(ren) caused by an accident.
- If you, your spouse or children get hospitalised due an injury, you are provided with a daily cash benefit up to 90 days.
- The plan gives you the benefit of enjoying greater protection beyond your home contents. It gives you the option to cover your residential “Building” in a single, hassle-free policy.
- The plan enables you to access 24-hour MSIF helpline assistance, in Singapore for the following –
- Plumber referral
- Telephone medical advice
- Private medical transportation
- Locksmith assistance
- Electrician referral
The additional benefits/covers provided with this plan are as follows –
- Fire extinguishing expenses
- Fraud or acts of dishonesty by servants/domestic help
- Damage to security system
- Deterioration or damage of frozen food/food in the freezer
- Accidental breakage of fixed glass and mirror
- Temporary removal of residential contents
- Fraudulent use of ATM cards or credit cards
- Replacement of lock and key
- Accidental death of a domestic pet
- Removal of debris in case of a natural calamity or renovation
- Loss of rent or alternative accommodation
MSIG Home Insurance
This insurance package provides comprehensive protection to your home and its contents. The plan offers you the flexibility of protecting your household contents and structure of your home against any damages/loss caused by accidents.
- The plan provides a worldwide personal liability up to $1,000,000.
- Household furniture, furnishings and personal valuables are covered under this plan
- Coverage is provided for temporary removal of household contents up to 30 days, within Singapore
- Covers loss of rent or alternative accommodation
- Provides coverage for replacement of lock and key
- Covers deterioration or damage of frozen food due to failure of the freezer
- Removal of debris in case of a natural calamity or renovation
- Coverage for accidental death of pets
- Provides coverage in case you or your spouse die toe to fire at home or attacking by thieves.
- Provides worldwide coverage for loss of Credit Card or money
Compare MSIG Home Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Home Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Home Insurance
- AVIVA Home Insurance
- HSBC Home Insurance
- Tenet Home Insurance
- AIG Home Insurance
- NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance
- AIg Home Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - MSIG Home Insurance
- What are the unique features of MSIG Enhanced HomePlus insurance?
Enhanced HomePlus protects you from a wide range of dangers like damage/loss caused to your house and property due to natural calamities, fire, theft and personal legal liabilities and many other benefits. The plan provides benefits like payment of conservancy charges, monthly service and these are still payable after the home is uninhabitable after a loss.
- What do the ‘Contents’ signify/include as per Enhanced HomePlus insurance plan?
Contents refer to personal belongings and household goods belonging to you and members of your family, including your servants. Household furniture, home appliances, valuables, toys, books, furnishings, home appliances, personal computers, are all included in it.
- How is the sum to be insured computed?
The Sum Insured represents the full value of your household contents, home renovations, household contents and personal belongings of you and your family including any domestic servants living with you, at current day values.
- What is the definition of ‘valuables’ as per MSIG Home Insurance policy?
"Valuables" are jewellery, curios, antiques, watches, works of art, manuscripts, stamps, coin collections and other collectable property, silver, gold and other precious gems, metals and stones.
- What do ‘home contents’, as per the policy, signify?
Home contents refer to personal belongings and household goods belonging to you and members of your family, including your servants. Household furniture, home appliances, valuables, toys, books, furnishings, home appliances, personal computers, are all included in it.
- Does this policy cover the personal belongings of my domestic help?
Yes, the home contents section, in the policy, provides a coverage up to $500 for clothing and personal items belonging to your domestic help/maid. He/she has to permanently be living with you.
- How do I make a claim?
To make an insurance claim, contact MSIG Claims Department immediately after the damaging event occurs. Duly fill up the claims form facilitate the claim process. Your claim needs to be substantiated by written proof of the accident such as police report, invoices, etc.