Maybank is Malaysia’s premier banking institution that has branches in Singapore since 1960. It is recognised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) as one of the domestic systemically important banks (D-SIBs). Maybank offers both conventional and Islamic banking products and services. Its vast portfolio of banking products includes deposits, credit cards, loans, insurance, investment, private wealth management, premier and corporate banking, etc.
Maybank has a large number of credit card suitable for different kinds of people in Singapore. The cards offer discounts and promotions, rewards, miles, cashback, and special perks and privileges. Maybank credit cards come with low interest rates, affordable foreign exchange fees, annual fee waivers, balance transfer plans, credit limits as you desire, and easy bill payment options. You can apply for a Maybank credit card online as well as offline and the card will be approved and sent to you within two to five working days.
Here are the best of the credit cards in the Maybank portfolio:
|Card Name||Joining Fee||Annual Fee||Suitable For||Joining Perks|
|Maybank Family & Friends Card||S$80||S$80||Cash rebates on daily essential purchases||A 2-Piece Delsey Belfort 70cm And 76cm 4-Wheel Trolley Case Set worth S$798 when applying for 2 new Maybank Credit Cards and CreditAble account|
|Maybank Platinum Visa Card||NIL||S$20 every quarter (waived if you use the card once in a quarter)||Cash rebates on all local purchases||A 2-Piece Delsey Belfort 70cm And 76cm 4-Wheel Trolley Case Set worth S$798 when applying for 2 new Maybank Credit Cards and CreditAble account|
|Maybank eVibes Card - The Student Card||NIL||S$5 every quarter (waived if you use the card once in a quarter)||Students||An Adidas wristwatch worth S$120|
|Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card||S$180||S$180||Frequent travellers||A 2-Piece Delsey Belfort 70cm And 76cm 4-Wheel Trolley Case Set worth S$798 when applying for 2 new Maybank Credit Cards and CreditAble account|
|Maybank Business Platinum MasterCard||NIL (waived)||S$180 (waived for the first 2 years)||NA|
|Maybank Visa Infinite Card||NIL (waived)||S$600||Those who want luxury from their credit cards||NA|
The different kinds of credit cards offered by Maybank and their benefits are mentioned below:
You can gift your family members credit cards that are supplementary to your primary card. All Maybank credit cards, except the eVibes card, are eligible for supplementary cards. Maybank gives you credit card bills separately for the primary and supplementary cards, which allows you to track the spending and make distinctions accurately. You can also set spending limits on the supplementary cards to prevent overuse. All the benefits – rebates, TREATS points, etc. – accumulated by the supplementary cards are transferred to the primary cardholder’s account.
Maybank has several exciting promotional offers on its credit cards this year. Some of maybank credit card promotions are:
To apply for a Maybank Credit Card, you need to meet certain requirements fixed by the bank. Here are the parameters you need to meet:
It is important to activate your credit card before your first use, and whenever you’re travelling outside Singapore for overseas use. This is a measure towards protecting your card from fraud or misuse.
Credit Card Activation For General Use
Always remember to deactivate overseas use once you are back in Singapore.
To close your credit card account, you need to send a written notice to the bank and return the cards in a slashed condition. You also have to pay all the credit card dues immediately upon termination of the account.
If you need to get in touch with the bank for any queries, blocking of cards, activation and deactivation of services, etc. you can call the Maybank Customer Care Hotline numbers 1800 629 2265 (from Singapore) or +65 6533 5229 (outside Singapore).
It will be sent as an SMS to your phone. You can update your contact details by mailing it to their customer care email id.
You can change or update it by downloading an ‘SMS Transaction Alerts Service Form’ and send it filled to your nearest MayBank branch.
In this case, extension will not be granted.
The merchant portal will show the logo of 3DS card schemes such as MasterCard SecureCode, VISA's Verified by VISA or JCB's J/Secure.
The MayBank TREATS Points Rewards Programme is accessible to everybody who has a Maybank Credit Card issued in Singapore. Some of the exceptions are Maybank eVibes, MayBank Platinum Visa Card and MayBank Family & Friends Platinum MasterCard card holders. It is not charged.
FlexiCash promises speedy loan approvals. It will only take 3 days from the date of application for your FlexiCash to get approved.
Yes. If you fail to make your Credit Card payments on time (by the due date) , you will either be charged 5% of the minimum amount due or S$50 depending on whichever is higher.
Yes. Maybank has introduced the eVibes Credit Card that is specially designed for students aged 18 and above. This card comes with a S$500 credit limit and 1% cash rebate on all purchases made.
You can spread your instalment payments between 3 to 6 months after using PoshEzyPay for making a payment.
There is absolutely no annual fee charged for the Cash Advance feature offered by Maybank.
Not all Credit Cards that Maybank offers come with a preset credit limit. For instance, the personal Credit Card offered ‘Catholic High Alumni Platinum Associates Card’ calculates your credit limit on the basis of your CPF salary ceiling of S$5,000 a month. This requires you to submit your CPF Contribution History Statement so your credit limit can be determined. On the other hand, the student Credit Card offered by Maybank, ‘Maybank eVibes Card - The Student Card’ comes with a preset credit limit of S$500. ‘The Maybank Business Platinum MasterCard’ finds the balance between the two where you can decide the preset limit for the Credit Card before giving it to your employees.
MayBank is not oblivious to the fact that Singapore is a country with considerable credit card debt. As cash or card argument gains steam, you also have to remember that like any modern day invention, ‘wise use’ is the key when it comes to plastic money. Banks cannot inculcate discipline and money management. Only you can do that. And if that is not a problem, why miss out cashing in on the benefits?
The Asian Banker Risk Management Awards for the year 2017 which took place in Singapore this month facilitated Maybank (Malayan Banking Bhd) with the ‘Achievement in Risk Management Award’. Affin Bank received the ‘Liquidity Risk Technology Implementation of the Year’ Award.
After the win, Affin Bank released a statement saying that the bank has received its objective of enhancing risk management as well as the bank’s business decision-making. The objective was achieved by improving its operational efficiency, risk analysis and reporting capabilities through the implementation of Moody’s Analytics solutions.
Furthermore, implementing these strategies has strengthened the bank’s management capabilities, keeping in tune with a strategic transformation programme which was recently launched by Affinity Group. The statement was communicated by the Managing Director and CEO of Affin Bank, Kamarul Ariffin Mohd Jamil.
He further reiterated that Affin Bank is in a stronger position to manage and monitor risk exposures. This will include increasing the frequency of granular data analytics and thereby, take corrective measures wherever applicable.
28th June 2017
• Mercedes-Benz E-Class with COE+: Whenever you make a purchase worth S$10 with your Maybank card, you get 10 chances to win a new Mercedes-Benz E-Class! This offer is valid until March 31, 2017.
• Online shopping: Shop online with Maybank cards from different stores from stores such as 1030AM, A Better Florist, Amazon, etc. and get discounts of up to 50% and double cashback as well.
• Entertainment: Get 30% off single entry passes at Angry Birds Activity Park Johor Bahru with your Maybank card. You can also receive 15% rebate on products available at Angry Birds Shop. Berjaya Times Square Theme Park is also giving a discount of 15% on child and adult entry ticket.
• Dining: Use your Maybank card to receive 25% off delightful meals at The Fullerton Hotel & The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore and Millennium Hotels & Resorts.
Terms and conditions:
• These promotions are applicable until December 31, 2016.
• These offers are valid only on Maybank debit or credit cards issued in Singapore.
• These promotions cannot be clubbed with any other discount or offer.
12th December 2016
Maybank cardholders will now be able to make transactions at the merchant location in Singapore using Samsung Pay. This is a move by the bank to strengthen their digital presence across Singapore. This service comes two months after the launch of the mobile wallet service that was launched in Singapore. The Maybank cardholders can add their debit and credit cards to a compatible Samsung phone and pay at stores by holding their phone near the contactless reader. The service will be offered by 5 Samsung Galaxy smartphones, they are, Note7, S6 edge, S7, S& edge and Note 5.
13th September 2016
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotional offer. It will continue till August 31, 2016.
Particulars: If you spend a minimum amount of S$1,000 in three retail transactions then you can enjoy a pair of platinum movie tickets at Cathay. Only the first 50 cardholders are eligible for this offer.
Terms and Conditions: Please get in touch with the bank to know more about the terms and conditions of this particular promotional offer.
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotion that started on July 11, 2016 and is valid until August 31, 2016.
• Apply for a Maybank Platinum Debit Card and charge at least S$250 and make a minimum of 3 transactions on your card within the promotion period.
• SMS the bank and receive 2 complimentary movie vouchers from Cathay.
Terms and Conditions:
• This promotion is only applicable on personal Platinum Debit Cards that have been issued in Singapore.
• This promotion is applicable on the 1st 200 successful redemptions.
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotion that started on July 2, 2016 and is valid until October 9, 2016.
Charge your Maybank Manchester United Card for a minimum of S$50 and get 1 chance to participate in the Flyaway Lucky Draw that includes the following prizes:
• Grand Prize – 2 Pairs of a Trip for 2 for the LIVE Match in December 2016 happening at Old Trafford. The prize includes economy flight tickets + 3 Star Hotel twin sharing accommodation for 3 days and 2 nights.
• Third Prize – One Winner will receive a Signed Boot by Chris Smalling.
• Fourth Prize - One Winner will receive a Signed Boot by Jesse Lingard.
• Fifth Prize – One Winner will receive a mystery box containing 5 items that have been picked by David De Gea.
• Sixth – Twelfth Prizes – Seven Winners will receive the following:
• 1 Winner will receive a Team Signed Jersey between 2015 and 2016.
• 2 Winners will receive an Individual Signed Jersey between 2015 and 2016.
• 4 Winners will receive an Individual Signed Pennant.
Terms and Conditions:
• Each Maybank cardholder will be be eligible to win only 1 prize.
• All the winners for the Manchester United Flyaway Lucky Draw will be selected at random for each of the prizes.
• For further details on this promotion or for more information on the terms and conditions, please feel free to contact the bank.
Runtime: Till 11 Mar, 2016
Particulars: Spend a minimum amount of SGD 800 with your Maybank Credit Card for purchasing air tickets directly from any airlines and enjoy cash rebate of SGD 50 on redemption. You will need to be one of the first 400 people to redeem to avail the offer.
Please contact Maybank Singapore to know about all applicable terms and conditions.
Runtime: 3 Mar, 2016 to 31 Mar, 2016
Particulars: Enjoy a range of gifts when you use for Maybank cards for your spends.
• Spend a minimum of SGD 1,500 with your Maybank Credit Card and get 2 Admission Passes from S.E.A. Aquarium and Madame Tussauds and another 4 Admission Passes from Imagine | Native.
• Spend a minimum of SGD 4,500 and enjoy International Lunch / Dinner Buffet for 2 at Todai Singapore.
• Spend a minimum of SGD 5,000 and get 2 1-day Adult Passes from Universal Studios Singapore.
• Spend a minimum of SGD 6,000 and get a Diamond Cookware Set (4 piece) from Happycall.
Please contact the bank for applicable terms and conditions.
Runtime: From now till 31 Mar, 2016
Particulars: Spend a minimum amount of SGD 1,000 overseas till 31 Mar, 2016 with your Maybank Visa credit card and get cash rebate of SGD 120. The offer is valid for all Visa credit cards offered by Maybank.
Please contact the bank to know about all applicable terms and conditions.
Runtime: ongoing promotion
Apply for new credit cards along with CreditAble personal line of credit from Maybank, charge a minimum amount of SGD 400 or withdraw the same amount from your CreditAble account within 1 month of the cards being approved and get a complimentary automatic watch worth SGD 509 from Arbutus.
Terms and Conditions
•You will need to apply for at least 2 credit card from Maybank along with CreditAble in order to be eligible for this promotion.
•The promotion is valid only for new CreditAble customers and Family & Friends, Platinum Visa, Manchester United Platinum Visa and / or Horizon Platinum Visa cardholders.
•You will enjoy a waiver of annual fee for 3 years, for your Maybank credit card
•Even foreigners are eligible for this promotion
•Other terms and conditions laid down by the bank might be applicable