When was the last time you were at an airport waiting to catch a flight and had a great time? We think that the probability of waiting at the airport and having the time of your life is low, unless you’re a kid with seemingly unlimited energy and a very creative imagination, that is. And even kids get bored at airports. So if waiting at an airport is perhaps not the best thing in the world, what can you do to make it interesting? What if we told you that there is a way to keep yourself entertained while you wait, perhaps even take a warm shower, or get a massage and relax before you board your flight? Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? We’ve got two words for you - Priority Pass. Read on, to find out how it can make it worth your while the next time you’re at an airport.
What Is Priority Pass?
It is a programme that gives you access to airport lounges all over the world. Being the leading brand that offers this service, Priority Pass provides you with a lounge irrespective of which class or airline you fly, in many countries worldwide. Both regular flyers and infrequent travellers can travel in peace, without stress, since they will have access to more than 1,200 airport lounges globally. Priority Pass operates in 500 cities located in more than 140 countries around the world. So if you’re travelling to a city that partners with this brand, you can find an airport lounge that will help you relax and have some fun while you wait. Priority Pass also has an app that helps members get faster access to spa, dining, retail, and sleeping facilities made available at certain airports. You can register to become a member online. Your membership is activated as soon as you pay for your preferred plan and you can start using the lounge services immediately. In any case, it would be wise to plan ahead so that you can make full use of the privileges that are available to you.
First, a Bit of History
Before we get into the details of what you get, let’s take a look at how this brand came into being. It was started in 1992 by the founder who found himself enduring the hassles and the commotion of airport terminals, all the while watching premium class ticket holders take advantage of the peace and privileges of their exclusive lounges. From this experience was born Priority Pass, an inclusive club that offers a bit of peace and quiet to those who want it, irrespective of which class or airline they are flying. No separation of classes, no favouritism, just an environment where each traveller feels important and well taken care of.
More than quarter a century later, Priority Pass continues to be at the forefront of this industry in terms of lounges, partnerships, technology, resources, and processes. It operates in more cities than any of its competitors, offering more lounges, and makes your airport-waiting experience that much more comfortable. Today, the programme offers 3 types of memberships – Prestige, Standard Plus, and Standard, available to all types of flyers, irrespective of their ticket class or frequency of flying.
Why Become a Member?
Now that you know what Priority Pass is, how it was started, and have an idea of what it offers, let’s dive into the details and see exactly what awaits you when you become a member. Imagine this – you’re at the airport either waiting to start your journey or in transit. You’ve either arrived a little too early or have to wait for 10 hours to catch your connecting flight. What do you do to pass the time? It gets worse when you’re in transit. How do you wait for hours on end? Perhaps your mobile phone or laptop needs charging. Maybe you’re on a business trip and want to take a shower and change into a fresh pair of clothes. Welcome to the lounge life. Priority Pass knows exactly what you need and gives you nothing less than that. Exchange boredom and exhaustion for a time of sheer indulgence with this programme.
Here’s a list showing you exactly how Priority Pass helps you have a memorable experience at airports.
- All lounge, no bias: Not flying business class? Just another regular (or irregular for that matter) flyer? Welcome to a world where everyone is treated the same no matter what airline or class they’re flying. The programme promises to give you a great experience no matter what. The lounges are open to all members, with equal access and benefits depending on the plan they choose.
- Dine, fuel up, and replenish: If you left home to get to the airport in a hurry, chances are you’ve forgotten to grab a bite to eat, and the hunger pangs set in while you’re at your terminal. If you’re a member of Priority Pass, boarding your flight with a growling stomach is a thing of the past. Head straight to one of the lounges and treat yourself to a spread of refreshments, complimentary beverages, and some snacks, made with care and culinary precision.
- Relax, unwind, and take off: Flying can be stressful, especially if you’re taking back-to-back flights. If you have some time, check out the range of spa facilities that are available. Get a massage, some relaxation therapy, and give your body and mind the rest and rejuvenation they need.
- Stay connected on the go: Waiting does not have to be boring anymore. Stay connected to the virtual world courtesy of free Wi-Fi made available at most lounges. There are charging points as well, to make sure that your gadgets are fully charged before you board your flight. Do you have an important meeting to attend while you wait? Make use of the conference rooms that are available at some of the lounges to stay tuned into business meetings.
- There’s space for more: Are you travelling with a friend, relative, or colleague? They too, can join you for this unparalleled lounge experience. Why keep it all to yourself? Spread the joy and make more memories. With this lounge programme, there’s always room for more.
- 24/7 support and unparalleled services: As the old saying goes, “Many have tried, and failed”. Many other similar programmes are available around the world, but Priority Pass seems to be forging ahead with its range of world-class services. They offer support all through the year, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week, in multiple languages. Sprechen Sie Deutsch (Do you speak German)? We don’t, but they just might!
- An app, because everything seems easier that way: The Priority Pass app aims at making your airport lounge experience much better and easier. Depending on which membership plan you pay for, you will be able to use your Digital Membership Card. The app also gives you access to airport maps and other features to enhance your overall experience.
An Option for Enhancing Business Relations
Two of the most important aspects of any business are employees and customers. In the business world, things are always “on-the-go” where every minute makes a difference. Thousands of corporates around the world are preferring Priority Pass simply because of the space, service, peace, and comfort it offers.If you have employees who are required to travel a lot on business trips, gifting them access to this programme will help them get the much-needed rest they deserve. So even if you can’t afford to send them by business class, you can show you care for their well-being by giving them access to this enhanced airport lounge experience.
When it comes to customers, it is crucial to let them know that they are important to you. A good way of showing them that you value their relationship is by helping them stay connected and have access to premium lounge services during their travels. And since this is a premium brand, your customers will most likely appreciate the gesture as well, paving the way for better business relationships. The programme works hard at ensuring that they provide nothing short of the best experiences for both your employees and your customers, helping you build better relationships with them.
Lounges at the Singapore International Changi Airport
Priority Pass offers you access to 11 lounges at the Changi airport in Singapore. We’ve compiled a list of all of them according to the terminals in which they’re located.
- Terminal 1
- SATS Premier Lounge
- Plaza Premium Lounge
- Dnata Lounge
- Terminal 2
- SATS Premier Lounge
- Ambassador Transit Lounge
- Terminal 3
- The Haven by JetQuay
- SATS Premier Lounge
- Ambassador Transit Lounge
- Dnata Lounge
- Terminal 4
- Blossom Lounge
Apply for a Membership and Start “Lounging” Right Away
You can access lounges made available through Priority Pass as soon as you pay for your membership. Join millions of other members around the world who have opted for this unique programme and make your next airport visit a time of sheer indulgence. You can apply for membership using this online link. Corporate membership applicants can read more on the benefits offered by this programme and apply here.