A home is probably the biggest investment that you have and is the most cherished asset that you have ever bought. Most of us have put our lifetime savings into buying a home but we seldom realize the importance of protecting our house. Hence, it becomes very important to be fully prepared to face any unfortunate event like theft, accidental breakage or any damage to the property. With HSBC Home Insurance, HomeSurance Classic, you can secure your beloved home from any mishap.
About HSBC Singapore
One of the world’s major banking and financial services corporation, HSBC serves over 51 million happy customers in over 73 countries. In Singapore, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, opened its first branch in 1877. HSBC in Singapore offers a wide range of services like retail banking, private banking, investment services, capital markets services and insurance. A pioneer in financial services, HSBC is connecting customers to new opportunities, enabling businesses and economies to thrive.
HSBC Home Insurance – HomeSurance Classic
HSBC home insurance offers a comprehensive coverage against all major risks, protecting your property and also your finances. With three levels of coverage and a choice of premiums, HSBC Home Insurance is the best way to protect your cherished home.
Features and Benefits of HSBC Home Insurance
The following features that accompany HSBC – HomeSurance Home Insurance scheme makes it one of the most sought-after insurance scheme in Singapore.
- Comprehensive Cover against “All Risks”
A wide range of risks against property like theft, malicious acts, thunderbolt, lightning, riot, collision and impact of falling tree branches or colliding vehicles, are covered.
- Personal Liability Cover
HSBC Home Insurance indemnifies your liability your liability to pay compensation for damage to property and any bodily injury up to S$1,000,000. Examples include accidents like falling flower pots from your property, accidental breakage of neighbour’s property and slippery floors.
- Easy Application Process
Avoid the inconvenience of itemising your possessions during applications. From silverware to jewellery and coin collections, the insurable items will be settled on a “new for old” basis.
- Coverage Limit
All valuables in the house are offered a coverage of up to 35% of the main coverage limit. Each valuable item is also subject to a maximum claim of S$7,500 or 3.5% of sum insured, whichever is lower. For non-valuables, the maximum claim amount is 15% of the sum insured.
The list of covers offered by HSBC HomeSurance Classic are shown in the table below:
|Home renovation or refurbishment||Till S$20,000|
|Relocation or protection of household goods||15% of the sum assured|
|Temporary furniture depository||Till S$20,000 or 15% of the assured sum, whichever is more|
|Accidental property damage||Till S$10,000 or 7.5% of the insured sum, whichever is more|
|Damage to locks and keys||Till S$1,000|
|Damaged credit cards/loss of documents||Till S$1,500|
|Frozen food||Till S$500|
|Damage to TV or radio antenna||Till S$250|
|Home alteration||Till S$10,000|
|Damage to house doors and windows||Till S$10,000|
|Accidental death or loss of pet||Till S$500|
|Natural disaster or accidents||Till S$3,500|
|Protection against personal accident||S$10,000 per person|
Eligibility for HSBC Home Insurance
- The applicant must be aged at least 21 years to apply for HomeSurance Classic.
- The property to be insured must be located in Singapore even if the applicant is not a Singapore citizen or permanent resident of Singapore.
AXA HomeSurance Classic Promotion
New applicants who purchase this insurance policy by 31 March 2018 will enjoy a discount of 30% on their premiums.
Terms and conditions:
- New applicants are those who have not purchased this insurance previously and are not existing policyholders of AXA HomeSurance Classic.
- Applicants must apply for this policy through HSBC channels only such as through referral, bank’s network, sending an email to the bank, calling the bank’s dedicated hotline number or applying online on the bank’s website.
- Extensions or renewals of existing policies do not qualify to receive this discount.
HSBC HomeSurance Classic does not cover for the following risks (not limited to):
- Loss and/or misplacement of insured components
- Burglary or theft if the home is left unoccupied or leased out
- Damage or loss of articles due to radioactive contamination
How to apply for this policy?
You can apply for this policy by contacting the bank through calling their hotline number +65 6880 4070 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs - HSBC Home Insurance
- I have not insured the full value of the contents in my household. Will I be penalized during a claim?
No. But you will be reimbursed only up to the limit under the plan that you have opted for.
- I have a fire and mortgage insurance policy. Do I still need a home contents insurance?
Even though most residential properties are covered with fire and mortgage insurance, it is important to note that these insurance does not cover the home possessions. If you want to cover the content of the home also, then you must opt for a fire and mortgage insurance policy.
- What are the risks that are excluded from HSBC HomeSurance?
The following are the major exclusions. For a more detailed list of exclusions, please refer to the policy document.
- Theft or burglary if the home is leased out or unoccupied.
- Loss or damage due to radioactive contamination
- Unexplained disappearance or loss of insured articles
- What is the minimum annual premium for HomeSurance Classic – HSBC Home Insurance?
The minimum annual premium is S$286.12 annually which amounts to S$24.88 on a monthly basis.
- I accidentally damaged my neighbour’s property while renovating the house. Will the HSBC home insurance policy pay for the costs incurred?
Yes. Under the personal liability coverage offered by the policy, you will be indemnified in respect of your liabilities.