There are many ways of ensuring the well-being and safety of your employees. But if there’s one thing that is the most important of all, it’s medical insurance. No matter how small or big your organisation, it’s important to have a group health insurance plan that covers your employees in the event of death, accidental injuries, and more.
AIG PROHealth has been designed to take care of your business’ employees medical insurance needs. The policy is flexible enough to suit various types of organisations – from small-sized businesses to multinational companies. There are five different plans available, so you can choose the one that best covers your employees against the risks involved in their job.
Features and Benefits of AIG PROHealth Insurance Plans
- The most affordable of all AIG PROHealth plans, this plan offers coverage of up to S$300,000 per disability.
- The plan offers worldwide coverage for your employees.
- The plans covers only inpatient medical care expenses.
- You get the flexibility to choose the deductible – the amount that you must pay for healthcare services before your insurance coverage begins – from a range of S$0 to S$6,000 each year.
- This is also an inpatient treatment only coverage plan.
- Under this plan, you will get coverage of up to S$3,800,000 per year.
- It offers worldwide coverage but you have the option to exclude North America and Caribbean to lower your premium.
- You can choose the deductible amount from a range of S$0 to S$6,000 per year.
Prestige Plus A
- With worldwide protection, this plan offers coverage for both inpatient and outpatient medical treatments.
- The maximum coverage offered under this plan is S$300,000 each year.
- You can choose the deductible amount from a range of S$0 to S$6,000 per year.
- Apart from the deductible, you can also select the co-insurance in the range of 0% to 20% for outpatient treatments. Co-insurance is your share of medical expenses. If you choose your co-insurance at 20%, you will have to pay 20% of the cost of treatment while insurance company pays the rest.
Prestige Plus B
- This plan also covers both inpatient and outpatient treatments.
- You get the coverage of up to S$3,800,000 per year under this plan.
- You can choose to exclude the coverage in North America to reduce the premium amount.
- With this plan, you can set your deductible amount between S$0 and S$6,000 per year.
- For outpatient treatments, you can choose the co-insurance from a range of 0% to 20%.
Prestige Plus C
- This plan provides maternal benefits, with coverage of up to S$12,500 per case of pregnancy.
- It covers both inpatient and outpatient treatments.
- The maximum coverage offered under this plan is S$3,800,000 each year.
- The plan offers worldwide coverage but you can choose to exclude the coverage in North America to lower your premium amount.
- You can choose a deductible from the range of S$0 to S$6,000 per year.
- You can also choose your co-insurance from the range of 0% to 20% in case of outpatient treatments.
Dental Plan (Optional)
- With this plan, you get coverage of S$800 per year for routine treatments and of S$1,800 per year for major restorative treatments.
- The premium for this plan is S$640 per employee per year.
- You can choose your co-insurance from a range of 0% to 20%.
AIG PROHealth Insurance Plans Coverage
|Benefits||Inpatient only||Comprehensive (Inpatient and Outpatient)|
|Prestige A||Prestige B||Prestige Plus A||Prestige Plus B||Prestige Plus C|
|Basic Plan||Advanced Plan||Basic Plan||Advanced Plan||Advanced Plan with maternity coverage|
|Maximum Coverage Under the Plan||S$300,000 per year||S$3,800,000 per year||S$300,000 per year||S$3,800,000 per year||S$3,800,000 per year|
|Outpatient medical treatment||N/A||N/A||Up to S$6,000 per year||Complete coverage for GP and specialist consultation, lab/diagnostic tests, physiotherapy, and prescription medicines/drugs|
|Hospitalisation (outpatient surgery included)|
|Hospital room||S$350 a day||Full coverage||S$350 a day||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Intensive care, prescription medicines/drugs, parental accommodation, medical appliances and surgical implants, physician fee, and diagnostic/lab tests||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Surgeon’s fee||S$25,000 a year||Full coverage||S$25,000 a year||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Anesthesiologist's fee||30% of the surgeon’s fee||Full coverage||30% of the surgeon’s fee||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Medical expenses incurred not more than 30 days before hospitalisation||S$1,300 a year||Full coverage||S$1,300 a year||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Follow-up care, lab/diagnostic tests, and prescription medicines/drugs||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Private nursing||N/A||Not more than 28 weeks a year||N/A||Not more than 28 weeks a year||Not more than 28 weeks a year|
|Organ transplant||S$300,000 limit for lifetime||S$925,000 limit for lifetime||S$300,000 limit for lifetime||S$925,000 limit for lifetime||S$925,000 limit for lifetime|
|Oncology, post-accident dental treatment of not more than 14 days, road ambulance to take patient to the local hospital||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Kidney dialysis||S$20,000 limit for lifetime||Full coverage||S$20,000 limit for lifetime||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|AIDS/HIV||S$30,000 limit for lifetime||S$125,000 limit for lifetime||S$30,000 limit for lifetime||S$125,000 limit for lifetime||S$125,000 limit for lifetime|
|Mental disorder||N/A||S$6,000 a year and S$12,500 for lifetime||N/A||S$6,000 a year and S$12,500 for lifetime||S$6,000 a year and S$12,500 for lifetime|
|Pre and post-natal, miscarriage, and delivery cost||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||S$12,500 per pregnancy|
|Congenital conditions within first 90 days from the birth of child||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||S$12,500 per pregnancy|
|Free child coverage for the rest of the term of mother’s policy||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Based on the coverage of father/mother (whichever amount is lower)|
|Travel assistance and other emergency assistance|
|Medical evacuation emergency||Complete coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage||Full coverage|
|Dependant child’s return||One way fare for economy class||One way fare for economy class||One way fare for economy class||One way fare for economy class||One way fare for economy class|
|Compassionate visit||Return fare for economy class||Return fare for economy class||Return fare for economy class||Return fare for economy class||Return fare for economy class|
|Repatriation||S$18,000 per year||S$18,000 per year||S$18,000 per year||S$18,000 per year||S$18,000 per year|
|Legal reference, global weather conditions information, travel information, worldwide currency/ATM information, and loss of luggage||Eligible||Eligible||Eligible||Eligible||Eligible|
|Routine dental check-up||Up to S$800 per year||Up to S$800 per year||Up to S$800 per year||Up to S$800 per year||Up to S$800 per year|
|Major dental restoration||Up to S$1,800 per year||Up to S$1,800 per year||Up to S$1,800 per year||Up to S$1,800 per year||Up to S$1,800 per year|
- Any pre-existing medical condition, unless AIG agrees to cover it.
- Medical treatments that don’t require any payment or the cost of the treatment that is covered by any other policy.
- Routine check-ups, routine eye/ear check, medical examination for the purpose of employment or travel, personal care products, vaccinations, hearing aids, and other such treatments.
- Dental treatments that are not covered under the optional Dental plan available with this policy.
- Any treatment to help you quit smoking, drinking, or drug abuse.
- Expenses for voluntary pregnancy termination or abortion due to psychological/social reasons.
- Any form of disability resulting from war in your usual residence country or home country, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, North Korea, and Somalia.
For complete list of exclusions, you can refer the Product Summary document available on AIG’s website.
- For this insurance policy, you as well as your spouse must be at least 18 years old but not more than 65 years old.
- The age of your dependant child must be between 16 days and 18 years. If your child is studying full-time in a recognised institution, he/she must not be more than 23 years old.
- Your country of residence must be Singapore.
How to Apply for AIG PROHealth
If you wish to apply for this policy, you can download and print the application form from AIG’s website. After filling the form, you will have to send it to the address that’s mentioned on the form.
How to Submit a Claim
You can submit your claim online as well as through mail. Remember that you will have to submit the claim within 90 days of taking the treatment.
- Online claim: For online submission of your claim, you will have to upload a scanned copy of your claim form, invoices and receipts, prescription letter, referral letter (if any), and a copy of the settlement letter in case you have filed a claim from another insurer as well.
- Mail: Download the claim form from AIG’s website and attach all the required documents, including receipts and invoices, prescription letter, referral letter (if any), and a copy of the settlement letter in case you have filed a claim from any other insurance company as well. Once your form is complete, you can send it to the following address: Henner-GMC Services Asia Pacific Pte Ltd - 137 Telok Ayer Street #07-01/02/03 Singapore 068602.