Applying for an insurance or baking product online has become a popular trend in the current day. With the onset of the digital age, the accuracy in maintaining customer information, general information on products and services offered, and access to the product/service has become extremely simple. With just a click of a few buttons and entering information onto a few fields in a digital form, applications are processed and reviewed within a span of a few days.
Coming to the health insurance landscape in Singapore, there are several private players selling their insurance products to Singaporeans. There is also the government-sponsored health insurance scheme known as MediShield Life, an insurance scheme that covers all Singaporean citizens and Permanent Residents of all ages. Premiums have to be paid through one’s Medisave account, an account that is part of the Central Provident Fund (CPF).
Applying for a health insurance plan online
As far as applying for a health insurance plan online, if it is MediShield Life that you are talking about, you don’t really need to apply for this insurance as it by default covers all Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents, of all ages. Premiums can be paid for through the Medisave account. If you are a Singapore citizen or a Permanent Resident, you can also pay for other people’s premiums by topping up their Medisave account. If you are married, you will have to pay the premiums for your kids – you are responsible for your children.
Applying for a private health insurance policy is also simple. There are multiple private insurance providers offering health insurance plans with varied extents of coverage – you can choose the most ideal plan from the list of plans available. Say you’ve chosen an insurance provider and you wish to apply for a particular plan offered by the insurer. Here is what you’ve got to do to apply for your insurance plan online:
- Visit the official website of the company offering the insurance policy in Singapore.
- Fill out the enquiry form available on the website. Filling out the enquiry form will prompt a response from the insurance company.
- You can also contact the insurance company on the number listed on their website. You can also send an email expressing your interest in applying for the policy on the email address mentioned on the company’s website.
- As a next step, you’ll have to submit your documents – proof of identity, income, and residence. An executive from the company will collect your documents from you. You might also be given the choice of sending your documents via email.
- Once your credentials are verified, your application process will be initiated.
Note that you will have to tell the health insurance company about any pre-existing medical conditions that you might have, as most plans don’t offer coverage against pre-existing medical conditions.
Why is it easy?
The process of applying takes barely a few minutes – to fill out the enquiry form. Applying online is extremely convenient and simple. Processing is also seamless and much faster.