For car owners their car is the most prized possession. Though owning a car ensures a lot of convenience, it also has multiple risks associated with it. Every car is vulnerable to threats like accidents, damages, theft, vandalism, natural calamities, etc. A comprehensive car insurance policy is a must-have to protect your car from every possible danger.
Overview of Etiqa Car Insurance
With the motto of “Humanising Insurance”, Etiqa aims to make insurance easy, transparent and honest. The company offers a wide array of insurance products like travel insurance, property insurance, motor insurance and personal accident insurance. Etiqa offers a comprehensive insurance policy for private cars with the aim of easing the financial burden of taking care of a car and ensuring peace of mind for its customers.
Features and Benefits of Etiqa Car Insurance
- In case of a personal accident, coverage up to S$20,000 is provided for the insured.
- In case of towing of the insured car, towing service is provided up to S$200.
- The use of motor workshops is free of any restrictions.
- Medical expenses are covered up to S$200.
- Applicable only in case of Comprehensive Cover, your car is protected from natural calamities like flood, typhoon, etc. and anti-social activities like strikes, riots or civil commotion.
- Applicable only in case of Comprehensive Cover, a free windscreen cover is provided, with excess of S$100. This coverage is also subject to reinstatement.
- The policy covers your car against passenger risks.
- The policy provides coverage for legal liability of Passengers caused due to ‘acts of negligence’.
- Any legal service expenses related to the insured car, which amounts to S$2,000, is reimbursed under this policy.
- The policy covers the insured against third party liability including property damage and bodily injury.
- If you are awarded with a Certificate of Merit from the traffic police department, and have nil claim made for the past 3 years, you are eligible to enjoy a 5% Demerit Free Discount (provided by the insurer).
Optional Coverage: No Claims Discount (NCD) Protector
- By paying a nominal premium, you can enjoy optional coverages provided by Etiqa private car insurance policy.
- On renewal of your motor insurance policy, the company can revise their terms and conditions based on the history of your insurance claims.
- If you are entitled to enjoy 50% NCD upon renewing your car insurance with Etiqa and you decide to switch to another insurance company/insurer, you cannot enjoy the same since the NCD Protector is not transferable.
Process for Applying for Etiqa Private Car Insurance
For the convenience of customers, Etiqa provides an application form online (on the company’s official website) for its private car insurance policy. Download the application form, fill it up duly and send it to the Etiqa office. The policy wording for private car insurance is also available for download.
Compare ETIQA Car Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Car Insurance in Singapore
- Tokio Marine Motor Insurance
- HSBC Car Insurance
- Tenet Car Insurance
- AVIVA Car Insurance
- AXA Car Insurance
- AIG Motor Insurance
- AIG Commercial Motor Insurance
- Liberty Vehicle Insurance
- ETIQA Motor Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Etiqa Car Insurance
- What is the meaning of Demerit Free Discount provided by Etiqa Private Car Insurance?
If the insured is awarded with a Certificate of Merit from the traffic police department, and has made no/nil insurance claim for the past 3 years, he/she is eligible to enjoy a 5% Demerit Free Discount. This facility is provided by Etiqa car insurance to its customers.
- Do I have to pay an additional amount to avail the optional coverages provided by Etiqa car insurance?
Yes, a very nominal premium is payable if you want to avail any of the optional coverages provided by Etiqa car insurance policy. Please refer to the company’s official website or contact the nearest branch to attain more clarity on the same.
- Is a personal accident cover provided by Etiqa car insurance? If so, then what is the amount?
Yes, Etiqa car insurance policy does cover personal accidents up to S$20,000, for the insured.
- Will Etiqa car insurance cover damages/loss to my car caused by natural calamities?
Yes, if your car is insured with Etiqa under the ‘Comprehensive Cover’, any loss/damages to your car caused by natural calamities like flood, typhoon, etc. will be covered. In addition to this, the Comprehensive Cover also protects your car from riots, strikes and events of civil commotion.
- How do I apply for Etiqa Car Insurance?
Etiqa provides an application form online (through the company’s official website) for its private car insurance policy. Download the application form, fill it up duly and submit it at the Etiqa office. The policy wording for private car insurance is also available for download on the official website.
News About Etiqa Motor Insurance
Etiqa launches usage-based car insurance
Etiqa Insurance has introduced a usage-based car insurance product for drivers who do not use their car too often. The eProtect sMiles car insurance offers savings of up to 50% on premiums, which could amount to a discount of around S$500 per year.
Etiqa eProtect sMiles is based on a pay-as-you-drive model. The product gives you discounts on premiums upfront instead of after analysis of the driver’s usage pattern. With the eProtect sMiles, the plan starts with a low base rate and a minimum travel distance of 6,000 km per year. If you drive more than 1,500km in three months, the premium amount will have to be topped up by S$0.063 per kilometer.
It uses telematics app technology to determine how many miles you have travelled. The Smiles by Etiqa Insurance app and a small Bluetooth beacon device track your drives and also provides tips on your driving and mileage.
Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) is gaining popularity in Singapore, and many insurance providers are offering similar products.
28th June 2017