The Post Office Savings Bank (POSB), Singapore’s oldest local bank, was acquired by DBS bank in the year 1998. POSB offers a wide range of products and services such as POSB Debit Card, insurance products, loans, and investment products.
The PAssion POSB Debit Card is well known for its cashback offers, PAssion membership, and points. Let’s understand the PAssion POSB Debit Card in detail.
Features and Benefits
If you spend S$400 at participating DFG stores (Dairy Farm Group) using your PAssion POSB Debit Card, you can get 6 TapForMore points for each S$1 spent.
- The participating stores include Jasons, Cold Storage, Market Place, etc.
- You can offset your next bill with these points at the rate of S$1 per 150 TapForMore points in your bill amount.
- The minimum expenditure of S$400 must be done in the same calendar month. And, you can earn up to a maximum of 7,500 TapForMore points in a calendar month.
- You can also convert the TapForMore points to shopping vouchers and KrisFlyer miles.
With this debit card, you can get PAssion membership for free. This membership has the following privileges:
- You can enjoy the member’s rate for PA community club courses and facilities.
- You will get an extra 2% discount on member’s price if you use your PAssion POSB Debit Card for payment.
- Enjoy discounted prices at PAssion merchants (there are over 1,000 of them).
- You get a free membership of the National Library Board, under which you can borrow up to 10 items.
- You can earn 50% higher STAR$ at CapitaLand Malls that are part of this scheme.
- Your membership card will be processed within 5 working days from the card activation date.
- You can do contactless payment for transactions below S$100.
- You can pay using NETS at all outlets that accept this mode of payment. You can also use this card to pay for your conveyance through MRT, LRT or taxi.
- You can withdraw cash outside Singapore from any ATM with Cirrus logo.
- Sign-up promotion: Once you apply for this card online through iBanking, Digibank, mobile terminal, public web or ATM campaigns, and charge your card with S$200 in the first month of card approval, you will get a cashback of S$10. Only the first 1,000 successful applicants can enjoy this cashback. The offer ends on 31 March 2018.
- Takashimaya: You can get up to 1% cashback on retail transactions at Takashimaya Stores, Takashimaya Square, and B2. This promotion ends on 30 April 2018. You don’t need to meet any minimum monthly spend parameter. Your cashback will be directly credited to the savings or current account connected with the PAssion POSB Debit Card.
- Extra cashback: You can get 3% cashback for medical expenses on-site at selected local hospitals or dental clinics. This offer is applicable only for POSB Smiley Child Development Account Trustees. The minimum spend requirement for this offer is S$500 and you can get up to S$50 cashback per month. This offer ends on 31 July 2018.
Fees and Charges
|PAssion Membership fee for 5 years (currently waived)|
|For 16 to 17 years old||S$10|
|For 18 to 59 years old||S$12|
|For 60 years and above||S$10|
Foreign currency transaction fees
|2.65% (bank’s fee + conversion factor), not exceeding 3.25% on the amount converted to Singapore dollars|
Dynamic currency conversion
|2.8% (DCC fee + bank’s charges) on the amount converted to Singapore dollars|
Cash withdrawal at ATMs outside Singapore
|2.65% (bank’s fee + conversion factor), not exceeding 3.25% on the amount converted to Singapore dollars Service charge of S$5 at Plus or Cirrus ATMs|
The eligibility parameters you need to meet for this card are:
- Your age must be at least 16 years.
You must have one of the following accounts:
- POSB Savings Account
- DBS Current Account
- DBS Savings Plus Account
- DBS Autosave Account
- Identity proof documents such as NRIC copy (front & back) or valid passport (only for foreigners).
- Income proof documents (not mandatory).
How to Apply For PAssion POSB Debit Card
There are two ways of applying for this card online and offline:
- You must visit POSB’s official website and locate PAssion POSB Debit Card, and then click on ‘Apply Now’, fill the details and complete your application. An executive from POSB will contact you for further procedure. You can also login to your POSB internet banking portal to apply.
- You can apply for this card offline by visiting your nearest POSB/DBS branch. You must fill the debit card application form and submit it to the bank.
Other Debit Cards By POSB
POSB offers another debit card i.e. ‘HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit Card’. It also comes with Passion membership, cashback offers, and other PAssion benefits.
Q.What do you mean by debit card activation?
A. You must make your debit card ready for transactions before you use it for the first time. The card is inactive when you receive it, for security purposes.
Q. How do I activate the debit card?
A. You can visit POSB or DBS ATMs for activation. You can also do it through iBanking.
Q. Is the card activation service free?
A. Yes, card activation is free.
Q. How can I get clarifications on card-related enquiries?
A. You can call at 1800 111 1111 (local) and +65 6327 2265 (from overseas) for getting clarification on your enquiries.
Q. How can I change my card PIN?
A. You must visit DBS/POSB ATMs for changing the PIN.
Q. What should I do if I don’t get my PIN within 3 working days?
A. You must contact POSB at 1800 111 1111 (local) and +65 6327 2265 (from overseas) and block your card.