OCBC Yes! Debit Card earns you rebates on all your daily Visa spends. You can get rebates at various merchants and across various categories. You can use this card as an all-in-one card for your regular expenses. OCBC also facilitates certain security measures in order to protect your card.
Features and Benefits
You can earn 1% rebate on the following merchants with a minimum spend of S$400:
- Transportation: Get rebate on your rides with CityCab, Grab, and Comfort.
- Shopping: Get rebate for online shopping at Fairprice, ZALORA, ASOS, Lazada, and iHerb.
- Fast food: Earn rebate at Burger King, Subway, McDonald's, etc.
- Stores: Get rebate at 7-Eleven and Cheers.
- You can use your card to pay with NETS.
- With this card, you can withdraw cash worldwide.
- OCBC has facilitated an additional security measure which includes an EMV Chip to protect your card.
- You can pay for your purchases easily through the contactless payment feature, Visa PayWave.
You can enhance your card security by:
- Setting a daily spending limit on your card.
- The overseas cash withdrawal facility on your OCBC Yes! Debit Card is disabled for security purposes. You must call OCBC for enabling it.
- You will get an SMS alert for a transaction above S$1,000. You can also set your preferred amount for SMS alert.
- Earle Swensen's: When you spend a minimum of S$50 at Earle Swensen's, you will get a S$10 return voucher. This promotion is valid till 31 December 2018.
- Expedia: njoy 10% of hotel bookings at Expedia’s official website, using the code ‘OCBC10HOL’. The booking period is till 31 January 2019 and the travel period is till 30 April 2019.
- So Pho: Get S$5 return voucher for any purchase at So Pho. This promotion is valid till 31 December 2018.
- Shopee: New shoppers at Shopee can get S$7 discount with a minimum spend of S$15, and existing shoppers can get S$3 discount with a minimum spend of S$30.
Fees and Charges
The fees and charges associated with this card are given in the table below:
|Fees description||Fees and Charges|
|Annual fee||The annual fee is permanently waived|
|Replacement card fee||S$20|
|Overseas cash withdrawal charges||3% of amount transacted (minimum amount charged is S$5 and maximum amount is S$20)|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||2.8%|
In order to get this card, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and foreigners can apply for this card.
- Your age must be above 16 years of age.
- There is no minimum income requirement.
How to Apply for OCBC Yes! Debit Card
There are 3 methods to apply for this card:
- Online: You must fill the online application form and submit it.
- At an OCBC ATM: If you are an existing OCBC deposit account holder then, you can visit any of the OCBC ATMs to apply for this card.
- At an OCBC branch: You can also visit your nearest OCBC branch and apply. You must take your NRIC copy, and Employment Pass/Work Permit/Student Pass. If you are a foreigner, carry your passport.
List of Other Debit Cards by OCBC
The list of other debit cards offered by OCBC Bank are:
- FRANK Debit Card
- OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card
- NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card
Q. What should I do if I lose my card?
A. You must call 1800 363 3333 (local calls) or +65 6363 3333 (overseas calls) and report the loss of your card to OCBC.
Q. Should I deactivate my debit card’s magnetic stripe, once I come back from overseas?
A. While you activate the magnetic stripe, a start and an end date date of activation will be asked of you. You must specify the dates, and your card will automatically get deactivated after the end date.
Q. How do I activate my card?
A. You can activate your card in the following ways:
- On the official website of OCBC
- Online banking
- Phone banking
- Visit any of the OCBC branches
- Call 1800 – 363 3333 and talk to OCBC’s customer service executive
Q. How will I know if the card is activated?
A. You will get an SMS notification on your registered mobile number after your card is activated.
Q. If I don’t activate the magnetic stripe on my card, can I use it locally?
A. Yes, you can use your card within Singapore, even if the card’s magnetic stripe I not activated.