Maybank offers a wide variety of banking and financial products to Singaporean citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners. The bank offers two debit cards, each of which come with their own share of exciting benefits. Let’s go into the details of Maybank’s debit card offerings, and see what you can expect out of them as a customer.
Best Maybank Debit Cards in Singapore
Maybank Platinum Debit Card
The Maybank Platinum Debit Card is a popular card that Maybank offers to Singaporeans. Let’s take a look at some prominent features and exciting benefits available with it.
- The Maybank Platinum Debit Card is a rewards debit card that allows you to earn TREATS Points on online purchases.
- TREATS Points earned with the Maybank Platinum Debit Card can be redeemed for a range of exclusive privileges.
- The card can be used to shop at NETS payment points and payments can be made in a hassle-free manner.
- The card can be used as an ATM card to make cash withdrawals at all Maybank ATMs and ATMs within the Cirrus network. Cash withdrawals in Singapore do not attract any fees - this includes ATMs of all banks (fees aren’t levied under the shared ATM network).
- With the FlashPay feature of the card, it can be used to pay for public transport.
- Cash withdrawal is free at Maybank ATMs in Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Cambodia and Brunei. Note that withdrawals are free at Maybank ATMs in Singapore as well.
- The card can be used to make transactions at merchant terminals against the available balance in the bank account.
- The card can be used to make transactions online. Online transactions can include retail shopping, entertainment related bookings, restaurant bookings, online food delivery orders, and more.
Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card
This debit card offers exclusive privileges for Manchester United fans, especially during live matches and additional privileges and discounts throughout the year.
- Every football season, get a chance to win a trip for 2 persons to watch Manchester United play.
- Get 5x TREATS Points per S$5 spent on United Direct Online Megastore (Manchester United online store) + get 10% discount.
- Get 5x TREATS Points per S$5 spent whenever the team wins a Premier League match.
- Enjoy a discount of 10% at Red Cafe in Old Trafford on your food and drinks.
- Purchase your Manchester United Stadium and Museum Tour tickets directly from Old Trafford Football Ground and enjoy a discount of 20%.
- You can make cash withdrawals, free of charge using this debit card in Singapore and through the atm-Shared ATM Network.
- Enjoy discounts up to 15% at Maybank merchant partners.
- You can use this debit card to make purchases through NETS and make payments at AXS stations in Singapore.
Maybank Debit Card Promotions
Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card Promotion
Apply for the Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card and get a limited edition shoebag in the following ways:
- This is a welcome gift and is applicable to the first 500 applicants whose debit card applications are approved.
- The debit card account must remain open for a minimum period of 9 months from the account opening date, otherwise the shoebag will be charged to the cardmember’s account.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee||Fees and charges|
|Maybank Platinum Debit Card annual fee||NIL|
|Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card annual fee||S$30 (2-year fee waiver)|
|Card replacement fee||S$15|
Eligibility and Documents Required
- Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners are eligible to apply.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must hold a Maybank savings account and/or a Maybank current account in order to be eligible.
Mandatory identity proof documents to be submitted include:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents must submit a copy of their NRIC.
- Foreigners must submit a copy of their passport.
Additional documents to be submitted include one or more of the following:
- Foreigners must submit a copy of their Employment Pass/Work Permit.
- Address proof document such as bank statement, utility bill, telecommunication bill, etc. may be required.
How to Apply Maybank Debit Card?
If you wish to apply for a Maybank debit card, you can visit your nearest Maybank branch along with the documents to be submitted, speak to a member of the staff and apply for a debit card, directly in person. Alternatively, if you have any further queries that need to be answered, you can contact the bank via their “Online Feedback Form” which is available on the bank’s website by navigating to the respective debit card’s webpage.
How to Activate your Maybank Debit Card?
There are two ways to activate a Maybank debit card, through SMS and via telephone:
- If you have a 2FA token, then send a text message to the bank on 79899 with this format: CDTN space 16 digit card number space DOB - DDMMYYYY space OTP.
- If you have a 2FA SMS, then send a text message to the bank on 79899 with this format: CDAC space 16 digit card number DOB-DDMMYYYY .
- Through a phone call: You can activate your Maybank debit card while in Singapore or overseas. For local activation, call the bank on 1800 629 2265 or 65 6533 5229 for overseas activation.
Find more on maybank hotline numbers
Q. Can I activate my Maybank debit card via SMS if the mobile number I am currently using is not registered in Singapore?
No. Activation of Maybank debit cards through SMS can only be done using mobile numbers that are registered in Singapore.
Q. Will I be charged a service fee if I make a withdrawal using my Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card overseas?
Yes. For cash withdrawals made overseas using your Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Debit Card, you will be charged a service fee of S$5 per withdrawal.
Q. What is the expiration date for the TREATS Points earned on my Maybank debit card?
If you have enrolled into the Rewards Infinite (RI) Programme, then your earned TREATS Points will never expire. If you have not enrolled into this programme, your TREATS Points will be valid for a period of 1 year from the quarterly period in which they were credited.
Q. Can I use my TREATS Points to redeem air miles?
Yes. TREATS Points can be used to redeem air miles under frequent flyer miles programmes.
Q. Will cash withdrawals made using my Maybank debit card in Singapore be charged a withdrawal fee?
No. Cash withdrawals made locally will not invite a cash withdrawal fee.