DBS is one of the leading banks in Singapore that offers various financial services to its customers. The bank offers an array of DBS debit and credit card options to customers. AsiaOne People's Choice Awards voted DBS Visa Debit Card as the Best Debit Card of 2016.
Features & Benefits
- Enjoy 5% cashback on Visa payWave, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Android Pay transactions. Cashback is applicable when you do no make over 3 cash withdrawals and do not withdraw over S$400 per month.
- You can use this card to make payments through NETS.
- This card can be used on public transport through NETS FlashPay.
- If your card is linked to a DBS Multi-Currency Account (MCA), you can make payments in 11 currencies without having to pay foreign currency fees.
Sign up for this card digitally and charge S$200 within the first month to get a cashback of S$10. This promotion is applicable to the first 1,000 applicants every month.
Fees and charges
|Type of fee||Fees and charges|
|Foreign exchange fee||DBS MCA Account - NIL|
|Overseas withdrawal fee||
|Retail transactions in foreign currency||
|Dynamic Currency Conversion fee||2.8% out of which 1% is levied by Visa|
- If you are above the age of 16 years, you can apply for the card.
- You must have any of the following savings/current accounts to be apply:
Your signature on the application should match the bank records for verification purposes.
How to Apply for DBS Visa Debit Card
Simply go to the bank's website and click on "APPLY" on this card’s webpage. You will be redirected to another page asking you to log in using your online banking details or your card and PIN. Fill in the details and follow the instructions to apply.
List of Other Debit Cards by DBS
- DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
- DBS Takashimaya Debit Card
- PAssion POSB Debit card
- DBS NUSSU Debit Card
- SAFRA DBS Debit Card
Q. What is the limit on the cashback amount?
A. The cashback amount is limited to S$50 per person every month.
Q. Will cash withdrawals be eligible to earn cashback?
A. No. Cash withdrawals will not earn you cashback.
Q. Is cashback valid for all contactless payments?
A. Cashback is not valid for the following contactless payments:
- Amounts above S$200
- Top-ups of EZ-Link/Nets FlashPay Cards
- Foreign currency transactions
- Casino bills
Q. What is the amount capped for contactless payments?
A. The general limit for usage of the card is as follows:
- NETS transaction- S$5,000
- ATM Withdrawals - S$3,000
- Debit Card Spend Transactions - S$2,000
You can revise this limit by visiting the bank's website.
Q. If I have more than 1 card, will I get the cashback on both cards?
A. Yes, you are eligible for cashback, but you will not gain more than S$50 as per the rule of the bank.