UOB YOLO Credit Card
UOB YOLO Credit Card Promotions:
- Upsize your YOLO status and get S$100 worth of Unit Trust
- On Lazada.sg, get 10% rebate on a minimum purchase of S$50 with the promo code UOB2016, until December 31, 2016.
- Get $8 Cashback Bonus when you sign-up for a ShopBack account with your UOB Card. Valid until December 31, 2016. You also get an additional S$5 cashback bonus (ShopPerks) when you place your first order.
- Until January 31, 2017, enjoy a 10% discount on the total bill at Dehesa, Terra Rooftop Bar, with a minimum spend of S$100.
- Get a bucket of beer and a pizza for S$40 after 2pm from Monday to Friday at Extra Virgin Pizza, Asia Square Tower until January 31, 2017.
- Get a 10% concession on the total bill at 8 Korean BBQ until April 30, 2017.
- 10% off a la carte food bill at BWB – Burgers. Wings. Bars., Bedrock Bar & Grill, Cold Stone Creamery, Dean & Deluca and Fat Cow until April 14, 2017.
- 20% discount coupon for new members and 10% discount coupon for existing members at G Market until April 24, 2017.
UOB YOLO Credit Card:
You only live once – this is the motto of UOB’s YOLO Credit Card. The card is ideal for today’s generation, with attractive shopping, dining and travel benefits and great cash rebates and discounts for comfortable living.
Features Of UOB YOLO Credit Card:
- The card number of UOB YOLO is written in a vertical format, allowing you to read it faster.
- This credit card allows you to pay through UOB Mighty Pay, which allows you to convert your smartphone into a wallet. It also allows you to search for the best deals in dining, travel and entertainment around you.
- The UOB YOLO card also allows payments through Apple Pay, Visa payWave, and NETS FlashPay.
- The card can also be converted into an ATM card by linking with your UOB One savings account.
- The annual fee for the first year does not have to paid.
- The first supplementary card is free from annual fee for life.
- 3% cashback on weekday dining & entertainment
- 3% cash rebate on online fashion shopping
- 3% cashback on online travel bookings through Agoda.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Airbnb, Flyscoot.com, UOB Travel, and AirAsia, JetStar, Singapore Airlines, Tiger Air and Cathay Pacific websites
- 3% cash rebate on payments made via UOB Mighty Pay and Apple Pay
- 8% cashback on weekend dining & entertainment activities both local and overseas till 30 June 2017. After 30 June 2017, the rebate on weekend dining & entertainment card transactions will be 6%.
- 0.3% cash rebate on other spends
A minimum spend of S$600 per statement cycle is required to be eligible for these 3% or 8% cash rebates. The maximum cashback you can get in a month is S$60.If the minimum qualifying spend of S$600 is not met, Card members will earn 0.3% rebate on all spend..
Benefits Of UOB YOLO Credit Card:
- Up to 13% off at Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and others
- 1-for-1 offers, priority queue clearance and free access at selected clubs and bars
- Entrance to blockbuster weekend movie screenings
- 2 weekend movie tickets at the price of 1
- Up to 10% rebate at Cathay Cineplexes
- Dining discounts at chosen restaurants and bars in Singapore
- 2 drinks at the price of 1 at clubs and bars such as Beach Club, Loof, Overeasy, Suite26, Tanjong, The Rabbit Hole, The Armoury, and Vanity
Insurance Provided By The Card:
On paying your travel expenses with YOLO credit card, you receive a complimentary Travel Insurance coverage of up to S$500,000. This includes the following, for the primary cardholder:
|Accidental death, loss of one or more limbs, blindness in both eyes, and Permanent Total Disablement from gainful employment of all kinds while using a public transport during your travel
|Emergency medical assistance, evacuation and repatriation Connecting flight delay
||Up to S$25,000 per insured person
Instalment Payment Plans:
There are 2 instalment payment plans available on UOB YOLO Credit Card: 0% Instalment Payment Plan (IPP) and SmartPay. The IPP allows you to make zero-interest repayments for up to 3 years. It can be used at around 4,000 outlets on the island. You can also use this to invest in gold by purchasing gold bars using IPP with just 1% handling fee for a 1-year period.
With UOB SmartPay, you can convert your credit card transactions higher than S$500 to low-interest monthly instalments for 3, 6 or 12 months. Fixed instalments have to be paid for each SmartPay transaction every month. An interest-free grace period of over 30 days prior to making the first paymentof the instalments is applicable. You can make a maximum of 5 bills a month with SmartPay. Converting payments to IPP or SmartPay will not give you any cash rebates.
||Effective interest rate
Fees And Charges:
|Second Supplementary Card Fee (1st Supplementary card is free)
|Interest rate (annual)
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% or minimum S$15, whichever is higher
|Interest on cash advance (annual)
|Fee for crossing credit card limit
An extra penal interest of 3% will be charged applicable on both credit card bills and cash advances if you are unable to pay the amount due on time.
Foreign Currency Transactions And Overseas Use:
Transactions made in foreign currency will be subject to a 2.5% conversion fee, and in case of Singapore dollar transaction abroad, a 1% International Processing Fee will be charged.
You can withdraw cash from your credit card at a 28% interest in case of emergency. This withdrawal can be done from ATMs, transfer money to your or others’ accounts through UOB internet banking, or at one of the bank’s branches. The minimum amount you can withdraw is S$200 or more than 75% of your credit limit or the available credit limit, whichever is lower.
How To Apply For UOB YOLO Credit Card:
You can apply for the UOB YOLO Credit Card online, by going to the official UOB Singapore website. The application will prompt you to the page where you need to give you personal and contact details and upload the required documents. You can also go to your nearest UOB branch and put in your YOLO credit card application after consultation with the bank executives.
Eligibility Criteria For UOB YOLO Credit Card:
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000 or Fixed Deposit collateral of S$10,000
- Foreigners: S$40,000 or Fixed Deposit collateral of S$10,000
- NRIC (front and back)
- Latest 12 months’ CPF Contribution History Statement AND Latest Computerised Payslip (in Singapore Dollar currency) OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment with either Latest 12 months’ CPF Contribution History Statement OR Latest Computerised Payslip (in Singapore Dollar currency)
- Self-employed individuals and Individuals with varied income:
- NRIC (front and back)
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Valid Passport (with at least 6 months’ validity) ‘
- Employment Pass (Q Pass & EP Only with at least 6 months’ validity)
- Latest billing proof as per your local residential address (e.g. telephone or utilities bill etc.) AND
- Latest Computerised Payslip (in Singapore Dollar currency) OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment2 with Latest Computerised Payslip (in Singapore Dollar) OR
- Company Letter certifying Employment and Monthly Salary (in Singapore Dollar currency) dated within 3 months
The minimum payment required is 3% of outstanding card account balance or S$50, whichever is higher, in addition to any overdue amounts. Failing this payment, a late payment fee of S$60 will be charged to your account. There are 9 ways to pay your credit card bills:
- SingPost SAM Machines
- AXS Stations
- iNETS kiosks
- Cash deposit machines or at bank branches
- By cheque, payable to UOB Credit Card and mentioning your card number on the reverse of the cheque leaf. This can be dropped in at cheque deposit machines or mailed to UOB Cards and Payments, Robinson Road, PO Box No. 1688, Singapore 903338.
- UOB ATMs, with your UOB savings/current account or with accounts in other banks such as DBS, POSB and OCBC.
- Through recurring InterBank GIRO transfer from any account.
- Phone-banking, by calling 1800-2222-121 any time of the day
- Internet banking from your UOB account
Reporting Lost/Stolen Credit Cards:
If your credit card is lost or stolen or the PIN has been compromised you are liable to pay the bank a maximum of S$100. This minimum liability is applicable only if you have undertaken the following steps:
- Notify UOB immediately of the loss or theft.
- Take all measures to recover your card or stop its use.
- File a police report in case of theft or forceful disclosure of PIN, and inform the bank of the legal measures taken.
- Prove that you have not caused, fraudulently or by negligence, the theft or loss of the card, and are not party to any expense occurred on the card after its loss is reported.
If you are unable to report your loss of theft of card before any transaction is made on the card by another party, it is up to you to prove that the act is not because of your negligence, and that the expense is not done with your knowledge.