UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card Promotions
UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card 1-for-1 dining privileges: Get exclusive 1-for-1 dining privileges at a spate of popular restaurants in Singapore with your UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card. Some popular dining merchants include Watanabe Coffee, Wa-Café, Santouka Ramen, Nanjya Monjya, Asanoya Boulangerie, Nigiro Café and Enbu. The promotional offer is valid till 30 June, 2017.
Discounts on Airport Limousines: Enjoy discounts of up to 20% on Airport Limousine services. The offer is applicable to Airport Limousine Bus services.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: Enjoy complimentary Lounge access at airports across Asia with the UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card. The offer is valid till the end of 2017.
Discounts at Drugstores: Enjoy exclusive discounts of up to 5% at Japan’s popular drug stores when you use your UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card to spend a minimum of 30,000 Yen. The discount offer is valid till 30 September, 2017.
Admission at participating towers: Enjoy free entry at participating towers in Japan with your UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card. The offer is valid till 30 June, 2017.
Other discounts: Get a spate of other discounts at participating merchants with your UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card. Prominent deals include discounts at Japan’s largest electronics store and discounts at Universal Studios.
The UOB JCB Platinum Card
The UOB JCB Platinum Card has become a popular credit card in Singapore owing to the various benefits it has in the offing. With exciting discounts on hotel and flight bookings and cash rebates on a wide spectrum of purchases, the UOB JCB Platinum Card is without a doubt one of the most sought after credit cards in Singapore.
Features of the UOB JCB Platinum Card
- The UOB JCB Platinum Card can be used to make cash withdrawals.
- The annual fee for the first year is waived.
- Earn reward points with every S$1 spent using your UOB JCB Platinum Card.
- Redeem reward points for various benefits and offers.
Benefits of the UOB JCB Platinum Card
- Global Privileges
- Access to airport Lounges.
- Admission to major towers in Japan for FREE.
- Access to Travel Wi-Fi in Japan.
- Local Privileges
- Exciting cash rebates and SMART$ on purchases made at popular merchants across Singapore. Cash rebate privileges cover a wide range of products and services.
- Airport Limousine Get a discount of 20% when you make ticket bookings from Kansai, New Chitose Airport, Narita and Chubu Centrair International. The offer is valid till January 30, 2017.
- Dining Benefits Enjoy exclusive discounts including the 1-dines-free offer at top restaurants. The offer is valid till 30 December, 2016.
- Get cash rebates of up to 6% at Adeva SPA, Ahava, Nail Buffet and Ogawa, OPI, The Ultimate Spa and Vivace (10% cash rebate).
- Cash Rebates to Make your Leisure Special Get Zoological Gardens.
Insurance benefits associated with the UOB JCB Platinum Card
United Overseas Insurance
Earn a cash rebate of 10% upon renewing or purchasing a personal insurance. The list of insurances are as follows
- Unisure Travel Insurance
- Foreign Domestic Worker Insurance
- Home Protection Insurance
- Personal Accident Cover Insurance
- Motor Insurance
Note Insurance terms and conditions apply.
Earn rebates of up to 10% on renewal or purchase of insurance under select categories. The various insurance categories under the cash rebate benefit program are as follows
- Motor Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Maid Package Insurance
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the withdrawn amount OR S$15 (minimum)
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
All transactions made in foreign currencies will be subject to an administrative fee of 2.5%. The processing fee for transactions made in Singapore Dollars but processed outside Singapore will vary between 0.8% and 1%. All transactions in currencies other than USD will first be converted to USD before being converted to SGD. This is applicable to transactions made using MasterCard and Visa.
Cash advances on the UOB JCB Platinum Credit Card
The UOB JCB Platinum Card can be used to make cash withdrawals over the counter and at ATMs. A cash advance handling fee of S$15 or 6% of the withdrawn amount, whichever is higher, is charged. An additional 28% interest is also levied on the withdrawn amount.
How to apply for the UOB JCB Platinum Card
You can apply for the UOB JCB Platinum Card by visiting UOB’s official website and filling the application form online. Details including contact information, income information and other relevant information need to be provided following which an executive from the bank will get in touch with you and take your application process forward.
Eligibility criteria for the UOB JCB Platinum Card
- Minimum age 21 years of age.
- Minimum income
- Singaporeans & permanent residents S$30,000 or S$10,000 in Fixed Deposits.
- Foreigners S$40,000 p.a.
- Salaried individuals
- Copy of NRIC, Latest Payslips, CPF statement obtained using your SIngPass ID.
- Self-employed individuals
- Copy of NRIC, CPF statement obtained using your SIngPass ID.
- Individuals with varied income
- Copy of NRIC, Income tax assessment notice, CPF statement obtained using your SIngPass ID.
- Passport copy, Employment Pass, Letter from the employer confirming employment, Recent Payslips.
Monthly payments can be made through UOB ATMs, UOB’s internet banking interface, by cash, cheque, S.A.M machines or InterBank GIRO. 3% of the total outstanding amount is required to be paid towards minimum monthly payments. If payments are not made within the stipulated time period, a late payment charge of S$40 will be levied.
Lost/Stolen card liability
To report loss of card, you can intimate the bank by telephoning the bank’s Customer Service number. Upon provision of relevant details, future transactions on the card will be blocked by the bank. In case you wish to apply for a new card, a fee of S$100 will be charged.
Reporting lost/stolen cards
You can report a lost/stolen card by contacting the bank’s Customer Service Centre and providing details of the card and most recent transactions performed using the UOB credit card. The bank will subsequently take cognizance and block your card, preventing future transactions to take place.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: