In order to make Online Banking secure for their customers, Standard Chartered Bank has introduced the Security Token Card. This card uses ‘Transaction signing’ to protect customers from online threats and fraudulent activities. Using this Token Card, customers can generate OTP that can be used to –
- Add payees (Third – party)
- Make payments above a certain amount
- Transfer funds above a certain amount
- Update personal details such as email address, phone number, etc.
Features and Benefits
2-in-1 facility – This card can be used to generate OTP and as a credit, ATM or debit card.
Secure Online Banking – The Security Token Card makes your online banking very secure as it is used to validate online banking activities.
Change in expiry date – If you link your credit card with the Security Token Card, then the expiry date of your credit card will change when the Token Credit Card is issued by the bank
No change in credit limit and charges – Applying for this card will not change the credit limit and other charges that are applicable to your credit, ATM or debit card
No change in card number – Applying for this card will not change your credit, ATM or debit card number
If customers have the following credit, ATM or debit cards, only then they can apply for a Security Token Card -
- Visa Platinum
- Visa Infinite
- MasterCard Platinum
- Debit cards –
- Super Salary
Apart from the above criteria, holders of Standard Chartered ATM cards and Priority Banking ATM cards are eligible to apply for this card.
- How to apply for the Security Token Card?
To apply for the Security Token Card you have to first login to your Standard Chartered Online Banking or Breeze Mobile Banking account. Once you login, you will be asked to select and apply for the Token Card.
- I do not have an Online Banking Account. How do I apply for the Security Token Card?
If you do not have an Online Banking Account, then you have to first register for it on the website of Standard Chartered Bank. Once you have registered for Online Banking, you can apply for the Security Token Card.
- Can the OTP generated by the Security Token Card be used to validate 3D Secure transactions?
No, you cannot use the OTP generated by the Security Token Card to validate 3D Secure transactions. For such transactions, you have to only use the OTP sent to you via SMS on your phone.
- How do I generate the OTP on my Security Token Card?
To generate the OTP on your Security Token Card, you have to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Turn on your Security Token Card by pressing the On/Off button.
- Press number ‘6’ on the card, below which OTP is written.
The 6 – digit OTP will be displayed on your card’s LED screen.
- Will the bank charge me money for generating the OTP on my Security Token Card?
No, the bank will not charge you any money for generating the OTP on your Security Token Card.