HSBC cards come with several benefits like cash rebate, cashback, air miles, rewards points, travel discounts, 0% instalment payment plan, and several other privileges including annual fee waiver, sign-up promotions, and complimentary airport lounge access, to name a few. When it comes to HSBC debit cards, you can make contactless payments with ease. Also, you’ll not be charged an annual fee and you can use your debit card as a public transit card. HSBC credit and debit cards are available to Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents, and foreigners.
Types of Card Rewards Offered by HSBC Bank
HSBC offers the following type of rewards on its credit cards:
- You’ll receive cashback when you pay for your local spends, overseas purchases, petrol bills, travel and dining related expenses using your HSBC credit card.
- A cashback cap and minimum spend criteria may be applicable on transactions that earn you cashback.
Cash Rebate Programme:
- A few of the HSBC credit cards reward you in the form of cash rebate on your daily transactions like local dining, grocery shopping, recurring bill payments, and fuel spends.
HSBC’s Rewards Programme:
- With this programme, you’ll earn Rewards points on qualifying credit cards and transactions.
- You can redeem your Rewards points for cash credits, vouchers, or air miles.
HSBC’s Mileage Programme:
- With this programme, you’ll be able to earn miles on eligible transactions done using your HSBC credit card.
- You can redeem your earned Rewards points for air miles (5,000 Rewards points is equal to 2,000 miles).
- You will have to enrol into this programme to convert your points to miles. The annual fee charged for enrolment is S$42.80 (including GST).
Cashback Programmes of HSBC
You can earn cashback on the HSBC Advance Credit Card in the following ways:
|Card name||Cashback earned||Cashback earned|
|HSBC Advance Credit Card||If you don’t have an HSBC Advance banking relationship:
||If have an Advance banking relationship:
Other terms and conditions that are applicable:
- A minimum spend criterion is not applicable.
- Cashback is capped at S$70 for non-Advance banking cardholders and S$125 for Advance banking cardholders.
- You cannot transfer the cashback amount or withdraw it in the form of cash.
- You cannot use the cashback amount to offset your payments like tax payments, balance transfers, late charges, finance charges, fees and other pending balances.
- The cashback amount will be credited into your credit card account within the end of the following calendar month
For detailed terms and conditions, you can visit the bank’s official website.
How to Redeem Cashback
- Here “cashback” refers to the amount that is credited to your card account. This amount can be utilised to offset your retail transactions in the future.
Cash Rebate Programmes of HSBC
Here are the HSBC cards that offer cash rebate on eligible transactions:
|Card name||Cash rebate earned||Cash rebate earned||Cash rebate earned||Cash rebate earned|
|HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card||5% cash rebate on recurring mobile/cable TV /internet bill payment||Up to 5% cash rebate on groceries (local spends)||Up to 6% cash rebate on petrol + Instant discount of up to 16%||Up to 2% cash rebate on F&B outlets in Singapore (excluding dining at hotels)|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||A cash rebate of 5% on recurring internet/mobile /cable TV bill payments||Up to 5% cash rebate on groceries (local spends)||Up to 5% cash rebate on petrol + Instant discount of up to 16%||Up to 2% cash rebate on F&B outlets in Singapore (excluding dining at hotels)|
Note: On both HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card and HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card you’ll also earn 1 Rewards point with every S$1 you spend.
Other terms and conditions that are applicable include:
- A minimum spend of S$400 per month of the quarter will earn 5% cash rebate on recurring bills, 3% cash rebate on groceries and fuel, and 1% cash rebate on dining. The rebate is capped at S$60 per account, per quarter.
- A minimum spend of S$800 per month of the quarter will earn 5% cash rebate on recurring bills and groceries, 6% rebate on fuel for the Premier Mastercard Credit Card and 5% for the Visa Platinum Card, and 2% cash rebate on dining. The rebate is capped at S$120 per account, per quarter.
- The eligible calendar quarters are as follows:
- 1st quarter: From 1 January to 31 March (inclusive of both dates)
- 2nd quarter: From 1 April to 30 June (inclusive of both dates)
- 3rd quarter: From 1 July to 30 September (inclusive of both dates)
- 4th quarter: From 1 October to 31 December (inclusive of both dates)
- The cash rebate will be credited into your card account in less than 2 months after each of the calendar quarter ends.
You can visit the bank’s official website for detailed terms and conditions.
How to Redeem Cash Rebates
The cash rebate credited to your card account can be utilised to offset your debits from the HSBC Card account in the future. However, the cash rebate cannot be withdrawn in the form of cash or cannot be transferred, or cannot be used to offset your payments like fees, late payment charges, financial charges, tax payments, pending balances, and fund transfers.
Rewards Points Programmes of HSBC
Earn Rewards points on the HSBC’s Revolution Credit Card in the following ways:
|Card name||Rewards points earned||Rewards points earned|
|HSBC's Revolution Credit Card||Get 5x Rewards on transactions related to local dining, local entertainment, and online purchases. (Minimum spend criterion is not applicable).||Get 1 Rewards point on all other spends. (Minimum spend criterion is not applicable).|
Note: The 5x Rewards points you earn is also equivalent to 2 miles for every S$1 you spend.
How to Redeem HSBC Rewards Points
- Your Rewards points can be redeemed for air miles, vouchers, or cash credits.
- The conversion of your Rewards points to air miles will be done at the rate of 4,000 Krisflyer miles or Asia Miles for 10,000 Rewards points.
- The number of Rewards points required for voucher redemptions varies among different brands and products. You can redeem your points for a few vouchers given below:
- Redeem 11,000 Rewards points for an HSBC's Shopping Mall Voucher worth S$30.
- Redeem 11,000 Rewards points for a Royal Caribbean Voucher worth S$50.
- Redeem 11,000 Rewards points for a Dynasty Travel Voucher worth S$50.
- You can also choose to redeem your points for various other rewards that are present in the reward catalogue.
- You can redeem your points via personal internet banking and phone banking.
- Rewards points are valid for 3 years.
Miles Programmes of HSBC
Earn air miles using the HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card in these ways:
|Card name||Miles earned||Miles earned|
|HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card||Earn rate (Regular) per local spend: S$1 = 1 air mile. Earn rate (Step up) per local spend: S$1 = 1.25 air miles.||Earn rate (Regular) per overseas spend: S$1 = 2 air miles. Earn rate (Step up) per overseas spend: S$1 = 2.25 air miles.|
Additional terms and conditions are applicable:
- Air miles earned will be credited as HSBC Rewards Points.
- In order to transfer your Rewards points to miles, you’ll need to enrol into the HSBC's Mileage Programme. An annual fee of S$42.80 (includes GST charges) will be applicable for this programme.
- Regular earn rate will be applicable to the first year and any consecutive year if you’ve not met the spend criteria in the previous year.
- Step up earn rate will be applicable to any year succeeding to the first year if you’ve met the spend criteria for the step up earn rate in the previous year.
You can check the bank’s official website for detailed terms and conditions.
How to Redeem Air Miles
- With the help of the HSBC Mileage Programme, you will be able to convert every block of 5,000 Rewards Points into 2,000 Asia Miles or KrisFlyer miles.
- Your Rewards points will have a validity period of 3 years.
- The Asia Miles airline partners include Malaysia Airlines, Qantas Airway, Qatar Airways, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Air Canada, and Air China (Find the detailed list on the bank’s website).
- The KrisFlyer airline partners include Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines, Vistara, Croatia Airlines, SilkAir, and Lufthansa (Find the detailed list on the bank’s website).
- The annual fee on your HSBC Mileage Programme can be waived off when you have 9,000 Rewards Points on your credit card account.