HSBC Credit Limit Review
Sometimes, the credit limit you have on your HSBC card may not be sufficient for your monthly expenses. In such cases, you can apply for a review of your existing limit and get the bank to increase it, provided they are satisfied with your financial situation.
A Simple Two-Step Process
If you’re thinking of applying for a review of the credit cap on your HSBC card, all you have to do is to follow a 2-step process.
- Download and fill the Credit Limit Review Form.
- Upload it online or mail it back to the bank with the required documents.
Here’s a list of the documents you will have to attach along with your filled-in form.
- Computerised payslips for the last 3 months, or
- History statement of your CPF contribution for the previous 6 months, or
- Notice of Assessment (latest) and your most recent computerised payslips
Commission earners and self-employed individuals:
- Notice of Assessment for the latest two years
- Employment Pass which is valid for a minimum of 6 months
Information Required for Filling the Form
- Let’s now take a look at the information you will need to fill up the form. Keeping these relevant details ready will help prevent delays in filling it up.
- The first section relates to the required documents. Depending on the documents you are submitting, tick the relevant boxes so that the bank can verify it with the proofs you’re giving them.
- The next section relates to your particulars. This is where you mention your name, the details related to your current employment, and the HSBC credit card you currently hold. You also get to state the revised credit limit you expect. If you choose to leave this space blank, the bank will assign a credit limit it deems fit and this may be lower than what you expect.
- The last section is where you sign the document. As the main cardholder, you have to sign in the space allotted to you. If there are supplementary cardholders involved in this review form, they have to sign in their designated spots as well.
Other Important Points to Note
There are a few other things you should know before you submit this form.
- If any of your contact details or personal details have changed and have not been updated with the bank yet, you have to visit an HSBC branch and update them before filling this form.
- You can apply for this credit limit review only if you are the main cardholder, you provide documents proving your increase in income, and haven’t made any increases to your credit limit within the last 6 months.
- Supplementary cardholders are also required to give their approval for any changes to the credit cap on their cards.
- If your annual income is at least S$30,000, the maximum credit limit (aggregate) you can get is limited to 4 times your monthly income.