OCBC Frank Credit Card Review
The Frank Credit Card by OCBC is a great cashback card for the new generation. It gives 8% cashback on Apple store purchases, 6% cash rebate on online shopping, 5% rebate on entertainment (cafes, cinemas, bars, clubs, KTVs) from Friday to Sunday and 3% from Monday to Thursday, 3% cash rebate on the first two NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up, and 0.3% on all other transactions made on the card. However, the drawback is that the maximum cashback you can earn is S$60 per month, and you have to spend at least S$400 every month to get the full cashback.
You can also make contactless payments through Visa payWave, OCBC OneTouch, Samsung Pay, Android Pay or Apple Pay. The best part about it is that you can customise the card face with an image chosen by you from the Frank gallery. So your card can have a pug, a colourful pattern, a cityscape, a slogan, a train engine, or a bag of fries – whichever image takes your fancy from the 120+ designs available. The annual fees is also very low – just S$80 per year, with a waiver of the fees for the first two years. The annual fees for the next year would be waived if you use the credit card for at least S$10,000 in the ongoing year.
OCBC FRANK Credit Card Promotions
Online shopping offer: Get 2% cash rebate offer on eligible purchases on Apple Online using your OCBC FRANK credit card. This offer is valid until December 31st, 2017.
Dining and entertainment offer: Get 10% off at Popeyes Delivery with a minimum spend of S$18 using your OCBC credit card. This offer is valid until July 15th, 2017.
Travel insurance promotion: Get 50% off on year-round single trip plans and 25% off on year-round annual plans using your OCBC credit card.
Dining and entertainment offer: Get a return voucher worth S$10 at Peperoni Pizzeria using your OCBC credit card. The voucher can be redeemed for a minimum spend of S$80 (excluding service charge and prevailing GST). This offer is valid until June 30th, 2017.
Leisure and Arts offer: Get 15% off on admission tickets to single or double conservatories at Gardens by the Bay, Flower Dome (applicable for local residents only) using your OCBC credit card. This offer is valid until August 31st, 2017.
Dining and entertainment offer: Get 10% off à la carte food items with a minimum spend of S$50 at Mad for Garlic using your OCBC credit card. This offer is valid until December 31st, 2017.
Dining and entertainment offer: Get a return voucher worth S$10 at Chicken Up using your OCBC credit card. The voucher can be redeemed for a minimum spend of S$50 (excluding service charge and prevailing GST). This offer is valid until June 30th, 2017.
Hotel and Travel offer: Get 5% off on all travel activities at Kkday using your OCBC credit card. Enter coupon code, KKDAYOCBC5 at payment page. Book and travel by July 31st, 2017.
Dining and entertainment offer: Get 15% off à la carte items with a minimum of S$40 spend at Pasta Mania using your OCBC credit card. This offer is valid until June 30th, 2017.
OCBC FRANK Credit Card
Using your OCBC FRANK Credit Card you can now checkout, hangout and cash in all in a single card with a host of features and benefits. Furthermore, you can make your card unique by choosing from a range of 120 different card designs.
- Activate your FRANK Credit Card and receive 2 free Uber rides, each ride worth up to S$15.
- This promotion is applicable for FRANK credit card applications until December 6, 2016. You can avail the 2 free Uber rides up to January 8, 2017.
- To qualify for this promotion, you need to sign up, activate and register for FRANK to enjoy these benefits.
Features of the OCBC FRANK Credit Card
- Enjoy annual fee waiver for the initial 2 years on both, principal as well as supplementary cards.
- Spend at least S$10,000 per year to enjoy subsequent annual fee waiver.
- What you get – 6% online rebate on online shopping which includes purchase of gadgets, clothes, flight tickets, movie tickets, hotel bookings etc. Additional rebate of 2% on eligible purchases made at Apple online store.
- How to redeem – Make online retail transactions on your FRANK card to earn online rebates. There is no minimum purchase required to earn rebates. All eligible transactions will earn 6% online rebate.
- Charges and details: Annual fee payment, instalment payments, interest payments and other fees and charges paid online do not qualify to earn online rebate. Also, purchases made through mail order or via telephone are not eligible to earn rebates.
- What you get:
- 5% entertainment rebate between Fridays and Sundays at cinemas, bars, KTVs, clubs and select cafes.
- 3% entertainment rebate on the remaining days of the week at cinemas, bars, KTVs, clubs and select cafes.
- Cafes that qualify for the entertainment rebate are as follows:
- Costa Coffee
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Coffee Club
- Dimbulah Coffee
- The Connoisseur Concerto (tcc)
- How to redeem :
- All eligible transactions made from 12 AM on Fridays up to 11 59 PM on Sundays qualify for the 5% entertainment rebate.
- All eligible transactions made from 12 AM on Mondays up to 11 59 PM on Thursdays qualify for the 3% entertainment rebate.
- Charges and details – Only the cafes stated above qualify for entertainment rebates. Transactions made at drinking establishments including alcoholic drinks also qualify for entertainment rebate.
- Monthly rebates up to S$60.
- 3% rebate on your initial 2 transactions made at NETS FlashPay ATU.
- 0.3% rebate on all other transactions.
- How to redeem - Spend a minimum amount of S$400 per month on your credit card to earn rebates.
- Charges and details - The minimum spend does not include NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up transactions and online transactions.
Benefits of the OCBC FRANK Credit Card
- Unique Card Designs – You can personalize your FRANK credit card by choosing a card design that best compliments your personality. You have the option to choose from 120 different card designs.
- Access to an array of financial tools:
- Mobile Payments: You can make mobile payments on your FRANK card using Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay. You will earn 5% rebate on your mobile payments.
- NETS FlashPay: You no longer have to wait in lengthy queues with the NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up. You will also earn rebates these purchases.
- Visa payWave: You can use this contactless payment mode to make payments on purchases below S$100.
- Visa Checkout: You can use Visa Checkout for all your online shopping payments. Your card details will be stored in a secure manner enabling faster checkouts.
- OCBC OneTouch: You can check your transactions by simply using your fingerprint on the OCBC OneTouch.
- Money In$ights: You can track your transactions, regular spend on different categories, set budgets, request for alerts using email or SMS and more automatically using Money In$ights.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee
||S$80 (First 2 years fee waived)
|Supplementary card fee
||S$40(First 2 years fee waived)
||25.92% p.a. (Minimum charge is S$2.50)
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the withdrawn amount OR S$15, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
|Interest on cash advance
|NETS FlashPay Automatic Top-Up Fee
|Card Replacement Fee
||S$30 (First 2 replacements within 12 months is free)
|Card Design Fee for change of card/loss/stolen card
||Between S$10 and S$20
Transactions in foreign currencies
- For all foreign currency transactions excluding US Dollars, the transaction will first be converted to USD and then converted to SGD.
- A currency conversion fee will be imposed for such transactions at the rate of 1% (determined by card associations) and a bank administrative fee of 1.8% will be charged on the transaction amount made in foreign currency.
- A DCC or dynamic conversion fee of 1% will be applicable on transactions processed overseas but made in Singapore Dollar.
How to apply for the OCBC FRANK Credit Card
You can apply for the OCBC FRANK Credit Card in 3 ways:
- Online - You can apply online by filling in the online application form available on the OCBC FRANK Credit Card webpage of the official OCBC Singapore website. When applying online, you can choose from 5 additional card designs.
- At the Store - You can visit your nearest FRANK store or OCBC Bank branch and apply for the FRANK credit card in person. You can find the store locator to find the closest store to you on the OCBC FRANK Credit Card webpage of the official OCBC Singapore website.
- SMS – You can send an SMS to the bank with the procedure provided on the OCBC FRANK Credit Card webpage of the official OCBC Singapore website. The bank will respond to your within 3 working days.
Eligibility Criteria for the OCBC FRANK Credit Card
- Principal cardmembers: 21 years and above.
- Supplementary cardmembers: 18 years and above.
- Minimum income:
- Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents: S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$45,000 p.a.
- NRIC AND
- CPF Contribution History for the last month OR
- Electronic/computerized payslip + Most recent Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment).
- Self-employed/commissioned employees/variable income employees:
- NRIC AND
- CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months + Most recent Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment).
Note – You can obtain a copy of the aforementioned documents at the bank branch using your SingPass.
- Passport AND
- Employment Pass having a minimum validity of 6 months AND
- Most recent electronic/computerized payslip + Most recent Income Tax NOA (Notice of Assessment) OR
- An original letter from your company verifying your employment and salary.
Interest on the OCBC FRANK Credit Card
The interest rate on purchases made on this card is 25.92% p.a. if you do not pay the full outstanding amount by the payment due date every month. The minimum interest charged is S$2.50 per month which will be calculated from the transaction date until the date you make the full payment.
Interest Free Period - The interest free period on this credit card is 23 calendar days which will start from your statement date in case you have not carried forward any balance from your previous statement.
If your outstanding balance is within your credit limit, then the minimum payment per month is S$50 OR 3% of your total outstanding amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
If your outstanding balance has exceeded the credit limit of your card, then the minimum payment for that month will be 3% of your total outstanding amount + the excess amount of your credit limit + any other overdue amount.
If you do not make the full outstanding payment on your card by the payment due date, the payment made will first be used towards the balance with the highest interest rate.
Lost/stolen card liability
Upon notifying the bank regarding the loss or theft of your credit card or the disclosure of your credit card PIN, you will not be liable for any unauthorized charges on your card. However, the bank will debit any amount charged on your card before notifying the bank of the loss or theft. Upon notifying the bank, you will be liable for a maximum amount of S$100 for any unauthorized purchases made on your credit card.
If the card has been retrieved after you have already reported it as lost or stolen, you must not continue using the card. You must cut the card into pieces and return it to the bank. If you fail to do so, you will be liable for any transactions made on the card.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
Upon the loss or theft of your card, you must immediately contact the bank and report the same. You must assist the bank in any way to recover the unauthorized charges made on your card after it was lost/stolen. Additionally, you must provide the bank with a statutory declaration of the loss or theft in the form of a police report or any other information requested by the bank. Lastly, OCBC must be convinced that the loss or theft was not due to your negligence.