Dining credit cards
Singapore is a hub for multi-cuisine restaurants that offer one of the best fine dining experiences in the world. Those who like to dine with family, friends, and colleagues at fine dining restaurants and popular cafes can certainly benefit from a dining credit card. With a dining credit card, you can satisfy your discerning taste buds with delicious food prepared by some of the best chefs on the island as well as earn discounts and reward points on each spend.
Features of dining credit cards
Dining credit cards offer cardholders special discounts and deals on local and global dining spends at top restaurants, hotels, cafes, and fast food joints. Following are the features of a dining credit card:
- Cardholders will get reward points and cash rebate on a minimum spend as decided by the card issuer.
- In the case of cash rebates, a small percentage of your spend will be credited to your account.
- You can redeem your reward points for vouchers.
- Exclusive dining deals will be offered to cardholders at select merchant outlets across Singapore.
- New customers will get joining offers like annual fee waiver, exciting gifts, and additional cashback.
- Monthly credit card statements of your transactions will be sent to your inbox. Make sure to go through the statement carefully to keep track of your expenditure and rectify errors, if any.
Benefits of dining credit cards
If you are someone with a sophisticated palate, then eating at the finest restaurants in the country must be a part of your lifestyle. There are several advantages to owning a dining credit card such as:
- Eating out every day and not having to worry about the food expenditure.
- You can save money while dining out with discounts and reward points on minimum spends per month.
- Maintain a wealthy lifestyle by enjoying dining privileges at luxury hotels and restaurants.
- Take advantage of loyalty programs offered by banks to show appreciation to valued customers.
- New customers can enjoy annual fee waiver offers plus exciting gifts.
Dining credit card reward schemes are in the form of:
- Exclusive discounts at fine dining restaurants and hotels.
- 1-for-1 deals at partnership restaurants, cafes, fast food joints, and hotels.
- Complimentary dishes for the cardholder.
- Cashback on dining spends.
To be eligible for a dining credit card, you have to be between 21 to 65 years of age, have a good credit score, and an annual income ranging from S$30,000 to S$80,000 (for Singapore residents). Foreigners should have an annual income of S$60,000 to apply for credit cards in Singapore banks.
How to apply for dining credit cards
Applying for a dining credit card is a simple and easy process once you have identified your spending pattern and chosen a suitable credit card to meet your dining expenditure. You can visit the bank’s official website to apply online for a credit card. You can also compare the reward points, discounts, and cash rebates offered on different credit cards by various card providers in Singapore before choosing the one that best suits your needs. You will have to fill an online application form and upload the necessary documents. If you choose to apply for a credit card at the bank where you already have a savings account then the application process can be done through your internet banking account.
Dining credit cards available in Singapore
Below is a list of dining credit cards offered by several reputable card providers in Singapore for your fine dining experience and expenditure:
ANZ credit cards:
ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card: First 100 online credit card applications that are approved before March 31st, 2017 will get up to S$168 cash rebate plus a 28” luggage. You can earn 5% cash rebate on dining.
- ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card: Get up to 15% discount at popular restaurants like Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Concorde Hotel Singapore, Thanying Restaurant, Conrad Centennial Singapore, and more.
American Express credit cards
Citibank credit cards
Citi Cash Back Card: New customers will get up to S$120 cashback on their dining spend. Up to 8% cashback offered on all dining spends anywhere in the world, and up to 10% cash rebate at more than 500 merchant outlets like Starbucks, Burger King, and Shell.
Citibank Rewards Card: Exclusive dining deals offered to cardholders with the Citi Gourmet Pleasures program at top restaurants in Singapore.
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card: Get up to 10% cash rebate at more than 700 merchant outlets.
DBS Bank credit cards
DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card: Cardholders can enjoy dining deals at more than 1,000 outlets across Singapore with the DBS Indulge program.
DBS Woman's MasterCard Card: Cardholders can make use of 1-for-1 offers with The Entertainer program and get 10% off on total bill at select merchants like Resorts World Sentosa, W Singapore, and more.
DBS Live Fresh Card: Get 3X reward points on local Visa payWave and overseas spend.
DBS Black Visa Card: Get 3X DBS reward points (for each S$5 spend) for Visa payWave transactions in local outlets.
DBS Esso Card: Cardholders can get up to 50% discount at more than 1,000 outlets.
HSBC Bank credit cards
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card: New customers will get 2 years annual fee waiver, S$20 cash rebate plus a Samsonite Black Label Plutus 68cm Luggage or HSBC's All Days Movie Card. Get 1% cash rebate on all dining expenditure with a minimum of S$400 spend per month and 2% cash rebate on a minimum spend of S$800 per month.
HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card: Experience fine European dining at more than 50 top restaurants across Singapore with 15% discount on food bill and get 20% discount on gourmet events with wine-pairing.
HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Card: Get 10X rewards points on dining (1X reward point = S$1) spend.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card: Get 5X rewards points on dining (1X reward point = S$1) spend.
Maybank credit cards
Maybank Family & Friends Card: Get 5% and 8% cash rebates with a minimum spend of S$500 and S$1,000, respectively at Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonald's delivery outlets.
OCBC Bank credit cards
OCBC 365 Credit Card: Get 3% cashback on weekday dining and 6% cashback on weekend dining in local restaurants. Get 3% cashback on everyday overseas dining.
OCBC Frank Card: Get up to 50% discount at fast food joints, restaurants, cafes, and hotels.
POSB Bank credit cards
POSB Everyday Card: New customers applying for a credit card online will get up to S$160 cashback.
Standard Chartered Bank credit cards
UOB Bank credit cards
UOB One Card: Get up to 5% cashback on all dining expenditure with a minimum of S$2,000 spend per month. UOB dining privileges offers up to 50% discount at Marriott Café Buffet, Café Mosaic, and more.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card: Get 2% to 10% cash rebate at select outlets like Polar Puffs & Cakes, Bread Society, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and more.
Exclusive or invitation only dining credit cards
Most people use credit cards as a necessity for everyday expenses or to indulge themselves on special occasions. Then, there are those who use credit cards to lead a wealthy lifestyle. For those elite few, listed below are some exclusive credit cards that are available by invitation only:
- American Express Platinum Card
- HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card
Whether it is an anniversary dinner or a company lunch, you can pay for your dining expenditure at expensive restaurants, hotels, and cafes in any part of the world with your handy dining credit card. Some of the top dining credit cards in Singapore are ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card, Citi Cash Back Card, HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, American Express Platinum Credit Card, and OCBC 365 Credit Card. ANZ credit card offers several dining discounts at some of the best fine dining restaurants in Singapore like Conrad Centennial Singapore, Thanying Restaurant, and the like.