DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard Overview
The DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard has been structured for customers who trace their academic roots to NUS and wish to contribute to the overall development of the students in the University. With every S$1spent on the DBS NUS Alumni Card, a contribution is made to support awards and bursaries of students in NUS.
DBS NUS Alumni Mastercard Promotion
Given below is a list of promotions for DBS NUS Alumni Mastercard:
- This school holiday season, enjoy a trip to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Hong Kong at fares as low as S$282. The booking can be made on dbstravels.com.
- Enjoy a discount of 3% on cruise fares on all sailings when you book a cruise with Cruise1st. The offer is valid only for 2 pax cruise fare and is valid till December 31, 2017.
- Get a discount of 5% and an additional discount of 5% on sale items when you shop at Rabeanco. The offer is valid till December 31, 2017.
- Dine at Capri by Fraser and enjoy a discount of 15% on the total bill when you pay with your DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard credit card. The offer is valid till December 31, 2017.
- Enjoy a discount of 10% off storewide at A for Arcade when you shop online with your DBS NUS Alumni Mastercard credit card. The offer is valid till December 31, 2017.
Kintamani Indonesian Restaurant: DBS cardholders can get a 1-for-1 offer at Kintamani Indonesian Restaurant. The offer is valid on the buffet lunch and dinner and the offer also includes one glass of sparkling juice. The cardholder can also enjoy a complimentary 500g cake during their birthday month. The offer is valid until 31 March 2018.
Hotel Grand Pacific: Cardholders can enjoy a 1-for-1 deal when dining at Hotel Grand Pacific. Cardholders can enjoy the 1-for-1 offer on the Peranakan lunch and dinner buffet at the Sun Cafe. The offer is valid on a maximum of 20 diners per table per bill per card and is not applicable on the ala carte menu. The offer is valid until 31 December 2017.
Mandarin Orchard Singapore: DBS cardholders can enjoy a 1-for-1 offer on the lunch buffet at Triple Three in Mandarin Orchard Singapore. Also, every 2nd diner gets a 50% discount on the dinner buffet. The offer is not applicable during or on the eve of public holidays. The offer is valid until 31 March 2018.
The Square @ Furama: DBS cardholders can get a 1-for-1 offer at The Square @ Furama. The offer is valid on the buffet lunch and dinner and the offer also includes one glass of sparkling juice. The cardholder can also enjoy a complimentary 500g cake during their birthday month. The offer is valid until 31 March 2018.
Features of the DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard
- The annual fee for the first 2 years is waived.
- The DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard lets you earn reward points on payments made using your card.
- The card lets you make convenient bill payments by automatically charging your monthly bills to your card.
- Earn DBS points through purchases made using your DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard and redeem them for exciting offers in the Rewards Catalogue.
- Offers range from savings in retail purchases to discounts in dining outlets and entertainment establishments.
Benefits of the DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard
- The DBS Nus Alumni MasterCard allows you to obtain cash advances from domestic and overseas ATMs.
- The card is particularly designed for the NUS Alumni, helping them play their part in contributing towards supporting students in NUS.
- Cardmembers can enjoy discounts of up to 50% at over 1,000 dining outlets across Singapore.
- The DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard allows you to earn DBS points and redeem them for inviting offers.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% of amount withdrawn
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- Foreign currency transactions that are carried out in currencies other than USD are first converted to USD before being converted to SGD at prevailing currency exchange rates determined by the bank.
- A currency conversion charge of 1% is imposed by the card association for transactions taking place in foreign currencies.
- Besides this, an additional 1.5% of the converted amount (to Singaporean Dollars) is levied as administrative fee by the bank.
Cash withdrawals (domestic and overseas)
- The DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard can be used to make cash withdrawals at overseas and domestic ATMs.
- A cash advance handling fee of 6% of the withdrawn amount is charged by the bank.
- An interest charge of 28% per annum is levied on cash withdrawals on a compounding basis until the amount is repaid in full (interest is charged on a daily basis until the amount is repaid in full).
How to apply for the DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard
Customers who wish to apply for the DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard by visiting the official DBS site and filling out the online application form. Details of income, contact information, employment, residence etc. have to be provided in the application form and submitted to the bank for processing. Customers can also apply for the card by filling the offline application form by visiting any of the bank’s branches.
Eligibility criteria for the DBS NUS Alumni MasterCard
- Minimum age: 21 years of age
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$45,000 p.a.
- Salaried individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, latest computerized payslips, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, bank statements for the last 3 months, Income Tax Notice of Assessment, CPF Contribution for the last year.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Copy of NRIC, 3 months bank statements, Proof of income, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Copy of Passport, latest computerized payslip, Employment Pass, Employment letter confirming employment.
Cardholders are required to make a minimum monthly payment of 3% of the total outstanding balance for the month plus any pending minimum monthly amounts from previous statements plus any amount by which the credit limit is exceeded.
A late payment charge of S$80 is levied in case the amount is not paid before the due date and the outstanding amount for the month is greater than S$50.
Lost/stolen card liability
The bank imposes a loss/theft liability of S$100. This is mostly levied if customers fail to report illegitimate or unauthorised transactions to the bank before the transactions actually take place.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
Lost/stolen cards can be reported to the bank by contacting DBS credit card hotline Number and notifying the bank about the loss/theft of the card. Cardholders are required to provide details of the card and most recent transactions carried out using the card in order for the bank to authenticate customer identity and subsequently block the card.