Perpetual annual fee waiver means that you do not have to pay annual fees for using your credit card. Some credit card companies offer cards without charging you any annual fee. These cards are a good deal since you won’t have to bear the burden of paying an extra fee every year, making them good value for, well, the money you’re not spending.
Credit Cards With Perpetual Waiver
Some of the credit cards in Singapore that offer a perpetual waiver are as follows:
- HSBC Advance Credit Card
- HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card
- Maybank Platinum Visa Card
- CIMB Visa Infinite Card
- CIMB Platinum MasterCard
HSBC offers a perpetual waiver of annual fee for advance banking customers. Further, this card offers up to 3.5% cashback on all the expenses that you make using the card. For non-Advance customers, a cashback of up to 2.5% is available.You do not have to meet a minimum spending criteria in order to be eligible for this cashback.
If you are a Premier customer with HSBC, then you can enjoy a permanent waiver of the annual fee. Some of the other benefits that are associated with this card are:
- Cash rebate of 5% on utility and bill payments made through the card.
- 6% cash rebate on petrol. You can also enjoy a discount of 16% at Shell and Caltex petrol pumps.
- You can enjoy a 2% rebate while dining at partner restaurants in Singapore.
All cardholders enjoy a waiver of annual fee, along with a number of benefits. Some of the benefits that this card has to offer are as follows:
- Get up to 3.3% rebate when you use your card in Singapore. You will get a rebate of 0.3% when you use your card for expenses overseas.
- Get a discount of S$3 at Shaw Theatres.
- You can access your credit card statements online, whenever you want.
Along with a waiver of annual fee, some of the benefits that this card can get you are as follows:
- Get a 2% cashback on travel, online purchases in foreign currencies, and expenses made overseas, by spending a minimum of S$2,000 per month.
- Get access to more than 1000 airport lounges all over the world.
- Get the benefit of a Personal Concierge Service.
- Secure your travels with complimentary travel insurance for you as well as your family.
- Enjoy discounts of up to 50% at partner restaurants all over the world.
Some of the benefits that this card has to offer are as follows:
- When you use your card to make travel and hotel bookings, you can earn a cashback of 10%.
- You are eligible for a cashback of 10% when you use your card for purchasing beauty and wellness products.
- On every other purchase, you can enjoy a cashback of 0.2%. There is no cap for the cashback that you can receive.
- There is no administrative fee for transactions made in foreign currency until 31 December 2018.
Things to Consider
There are certain things that you should consider before picking a card that is most suitable for you:
- Interest Rates: Usually cards that waive off annual fees, also have a higher rate of interest. Having a card with a high interest rate can prove to be considerably costlier in the long run. It is advisable to choose a card with a nominal rate of interest.
- Customer Service: It is important to research about your credit card issuer. One of the main things to consider is the customer service and support. You should choose a card provider with a good customer care service,that provides you adequate support in case of assistance.
- Rewards: Choosing a card that offers more rewards on categories you spend on can be highly lucrative. This way you can maximise the rewards and benefits that are associated with the card.
- Sign-up Bonuses: There are some credit cards available that offer sign-up bonuses or gifts when your credit card gets approved. The most common form of rewards are watches, bags, vouchers, cashback, and other such gifts.