American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card Promotions:
- Get 35% rebate on entrance fee at Changi airport Plaza Premium Lounges, for 1 additional person travelling with you, until December 31, 2016.
- Avail 20% discount on entrance fee at Plaza Premium Lounges outside Singapore, for 1 additional person travelling with you, until December 31, 2016.
- Get 500 Bonus KrisFlyer Miles on your first booking with Grab taxis, until May 4, 2017.
- Enjoy Wi-Fi rentals for as low as S$5 per day from Portable Wi-Fi Routers by Changi Recommends. Valid up to December 31, 2016.
- Get 15% off Best Flexible Rates for Executive Terrace Suite at Mercedes-Benz Living @ Fraser, including complimentary breakfast and 3pm check-out. The booking has to be done by March 31, 2017 and the stay has to be completed by April 30, 2017.
- Avail 50% discount on the Facial Living Series services at BodyPerfect Pte Ltd until February 28, 2017.
- Enjoy 10% concession on non-discounted items at Armani Collezioni, Armani Jeans Accessories, Armani Junior, Armani Marina Bay, and A|X Armani Exchange . Valid until March 31, 2017.
- Get 30% rebate on White Sails Luxury Yacht Charter to Lazarus Island until December 31, 2016.
- Dine at Club Meatballs between Monday and Friday 8am to 12am and get 20% off your food bill.
- Visit the Black Swan European café and get a free bottle of wine at selected timings.
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card:
One of the best airmile credit cards in Singapore, the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend card offers multiple Singapore Airline/Silk Air benefits that are not to be missed if you are a frequent traveller. The best thing about this card is that there is no conversion or redemption fee when using up your KrisFlyer Miles for purchases. Miles accrual is pretty fast if you charge all your travel expenses to this card. For example, if you’re flying a round trip to Melbourne at a ticket price of S$1,493, you’ll earn a whopping 2,986 KrisFlyer Miles.
- 5,000 KrisFlyer Miles on the first use of the card, for new AmEx cardmembers.
- 5,000 Bonus KrisFlyer Miles on spending S$1,000 on eligible purchases within 6 months of getting the card.
- Discount of S$111 on Worldwide annual multi-trip My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential plan that usually costs S$299 on online application for the card.
Features of American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card:
- Most banks levy S$15 to S$25 as conversion fees on redemption of reward points or air miles for tickets. But American Express transfers the accumulated miles directly to your KrisFlyer account. This also means that your redemptions will have no waiting period.
- You can avail emergency card replacement from anywhere in the world within a day by calling 1800 392 2000 from Singapore or the Global Assist number listed on your credit card.
- You can use contactless payment using Apple Pay.
- 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every dollar spent
- 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1-equivalent spent in foreign currency overseas during the months of June and December every year
- 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible Singapore Airlines or SilkAir ticket purchases made on the respective websites for travel from Singapore.
- 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases at KrisShop, either on flight on online.
- 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases at SilkAir SkyShop, either on flight on online.
KrisFlyer Miles will be given in full miles only, which means that if your spending translate to less than 0.5 miles, it will be rounded down to 0 and if it is higher than 0.5 miles it will be rounded up to 1 mile. There is no conversion fee when redeeming your KrisFlyer Miles for flight tickets or other Singapore Airlines/Silk Air benefits. There is also no waiting period for conversion.
Benefits Of American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card:
- 4 free entries every year to participating SATS Premier Lounges in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounges anywhere in the world.
- 1 complimentary night stay with any of the 90 Millenium Hotels and Resorts and a free My Millenium Premium membership.
- Get Double KrisFlyer Miles Accrual voucher on spending S$15,000 on Singapore Airlines website until June 30, 2017. With this, you can get up to 50% more KrisFlyer Miles for your eligible purchases, though the maximum you can earn is 5,000 Miles.
- Become a KrisFlyer Elite Gold member super-fast, by spending S$15,000 on Singapore Airlines website within 1 year of getting your card. With this tier upgrade, you can carry an extra 20kg at check-in; get priority airport check-in, baggage handling and Economy Class boarding; enter the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge for free at Changi Airport, and get access to over 900 Star Alliance Gold Lounges across the globe.
- Become a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty member and avail exclusive perks at around 8,500 locations in 150 countries. The benefits include 10% concession on published rates, one car class upgrade on standard vehicle rentals of five or more consecutive days, and a fee-waived additional driver.
- Special discounts on shopping, dining, travel, entertainment and lifestyle services under the American Express Selects and American Express Global Dining programmes.
Insurance Provided By The Card:
With the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card, you get a travel accident coverage of up to S$1 million in addition to travel inconvenience benefits including luggage delay and loss, and missed flights or flight delays. This is available if you pay for your flight tickets with the credit card.
Fees And Charges:
|Supplementary card fee
|Interest rate (annual)
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||5% of the amount withdrawn
|Interest on cash advance (annual)
||21 days from statement date
If you have defaulted payments more than 3 times in a year, and/or have made 1 default that has been unpaid for 2 or more consecutive months in a 12-month period, then the applicable interest rate will be 29.99%.
Overseas Use Of The Card:
American Express credit cards are accepted across the world. AmEx charges 2.5% on transactions in foreign currency made through the credit card, but does not charge anything for dynamic currency conversion when you pay in Singapore dollar overseas.
You can withdraw up to US$1,000 in cash and traveller’s cheques from over 200,000 American Express ATMs globally. Before you withdraw, though, you need to fill in the Express Cash Enrolment Form and join the scheme. A cash advance fee of 5% of the amount will be levied, and the interest rate applicable is 24.99% annually. A 1% commission charge will also be levied on purchase of American Express Travellers Cheques. You need to have held the KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card for at least 6 months to be able to withdraw money from your account.
How To Apply For American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card:
You can apply for your KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card on the American Express website and get a decision within 1 minute. The application will ask you for your personal and contact details, and income and employment information. Once the documents are verified, you will get your card within 3 to 5 working days.
Eligibility Criteria For American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card:
- Minimum age:
- Primary cardholder: 21 years
- Supplementary cardholder: 18 years
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$50,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$60,000 p.a.
- Salaried employees:
- Copy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Income documents such as latest original computerised payslip, latest Tax Notice of Assessment and the most recent 12 months’ CPF statement
- Photocopy of NRIC or Passport AND
- Income documents such as Tax Notice of Assessment for the most recent 2 years, CPF statement and bank statements
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Work Permit
- Copy of telephone bill/utility bill/bank statement with your name and address AND
- Income document such as latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR latest original copy of computerised payslip
The minimum payment you have to make every month is S$50, or 3% of the outstanding balance plus overdue minimum payments and late payment charges, and the overlimit amount, whichever is higher. The payment can be made in the following ways:
- Interbank GIRO
- Internet banking for DBS, OCBC and UOB bank account holders
- Automatic bill payment service that can be activated by filling in a form from AmEx website
- By cheque to be mailed to American Express
- Cash payment at SingPost counters, with a maximum of S$8,000 payable in one go.
- Self-service Automated Machines (SAM) or AXS stations
Card Protection Schemes:
American Express has an all-inclusive Online Fraud Protection Guarantee and No Worries Guarantee that protects your card against fraud and your purchases against defective goods.
Reporting Lost/Stolen Cards:
The Association of Banks in Singapore specifies that the maximum liability of a customer on lost or stolen credit card is S$100. This liability is applicable only if you failed to report the loss of card to the bank immediately, and fraudulent transactions took place on the card before you could pass on the information and get your card blocked. Here are some things to do when you find your credit card missing:
- Call the American Express 24-hour hotline and report the loss as soon as possible.
- If the card is suspected to be stolen by somebody, file a police complaint and send a copy of the complaint to American Express.
If American Express is convinced that the loss of the card was in no way because of you, and that you haven’t been trying to cheat the bank with fraudulent use of the card, then you have nothing to worry about.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: