Citibank's presence in Singapore spans over 100 years. This banking giant established its operations in Singapore in the year 1902. Back then, it was called the International Banking Corporation (IBC). It was the first American banking organization to set up an office in Singapore.
The rise in income of customers in the last 20 years created new opportunities for financial organizations in Singapore. Citibank's internet banking was introduced to simplify the banking needs of the customers and it has been committed to doing so for many years now. Personal banking at Citibank is just a few clicks away, thanks to ease that comes with internet banking facility.
How to apply for Citibank ibanking?
You are just a click away from your Citibank account’s online banking service. You can apply for Citibank’s ibanking service in the following ways:
- You can visit your nearest Citibank branch and fill in an application form. You can submit the filled-in form with the service ambassador in the bank.
- You can download the Citibank internet banking service request form. You can mail it back after filling it in.
How to sign up for Citibank ibanking?
To sign up for Citibank online banking, you will have to fill an application form. The criteria to apply for this is as follows:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You must possess an active Citibank card, debit card of principal card, and the respective PIN numbers.
- You must have a mobile number that is registered with the Citibank Bank.
- You can also visit the nearest Citibank branch and sign up.
- You need to provide your details for registration followed by your 16-digit ATM/Debit card number and the ATM PIN.
- You will be provided with a one-Time PIN via SMS or the OSD token. You will have to enter the OTP in a space provided on the screen.
- Once the validation is successful, you will have to create a username, password, and will have to re-confirm password.
How to login to your Citibank online account?
Once you setup your username and password, you can make your first login.
Key benefits of using Citibank ibanking
The following are some of the key benefits of using the ibanking facility provided by the Citibank:
- You don’t have to stand in long queues for simple banking errands like transfer of funds. You can use the fund transfer feature on your ibanking portal and transfer money to anywhere and everywhere.
- You can access the e-statement of your account for the last seven years any time using ibanking.
- You can link your utility accounts with your online banking account and pay the bills using internet banking.
- You can update your registered phone number, address, and other particulars by just sitting at the comfort of your home.
- You can pay for purchases made online easily using the ibanking facility.
- You can keep a tab on all your expenses using the Citibank ibanking facility.
- You can move your money overseas by using Citibank Global Transfer.
- In case you need a new cheque book, you can raise a request online through Citibank internet banking account. Also, you can check the status of payee cheques through internet banking.
Things to know while using Citibank online banking service
Following are a few pointers to keep in mind while using Citibank online banking services:
- Make sure that your personal information on the website remains updated all the time. Especially, your residential address, your mobile number and your email id should always be up to date.
- Refrain from using the ibanking service on a public computer to prevent fraudulent transactions and unwanted logins.
- Do not reveal the OTP, the serial number of your 2FA token, your username and password, your bank account number, and your credit/debit card number to people you don't know.
- If you notice any unauthorized login from your account, contact the bank immediately.
- Keep changing the password of your ibanking account frequently.
- Don’t let anybody tamper with your 2FA security token. Make sure that your token remains secure with you all the time.
- Once logged in, do not leave your Citibank account unattended.
Investment options for Citibank online banking users
You will earn several bonuses and cash rewards for transferring money in unit trust holdings or creating your portfolio with insurance and investments through online banking.
FAQs for Citibank internet banking
- What kind of transactions can I make through Citibank internet banking?
Ans: You can make the following transfer using Citibank internet banking:
- You can make funds transfer to a third party account, your own account, and all your accounts abroad.
- You can check your account details for loans, credit cards, and the deposits you make.
- You can make all your bill payments through Citibank Clicks.
Ans: No, you will not have to pay any fees to transfer funds to overseas accounts.
Ans: You will be required to have at least one savings or current account with Citibank before gaining access to Citibank’s online banking service.
Ans: Yes, Citibank’s ibanking is a free-of-cost service.
Ans: In case you forget your Citibank username and password, you can go to the personal banking page and click on the "Can’t remember your login details?" tab. In case you have forgotten your activation code, you can visit the nearest branch of Citibank and request them to retrieve the details.