If you are someone who regularly commutes with your own transport and spends a good deal of money on fuel purchases, having a credit card that offers you exclusive fuel discounts is definitely going to be a blessing. Certain credit cards, besides the other offers they come with, are specifically designed to help you make your fuel purchases less burdening. These cards enable you to save big on fuel purchases by offering discounts, cashbacks or reward points. Let us take a look at some credit cards that offer the best savings and discounts at Caltex Stations across Singapore.
What do you get?
- Fuel savings of up to 26.6% at Caltex Stations across Singapore.
- Cashbacks of up to 20% on Uber rides by spending S$600 in a month. The offer is applicable worldwide.
- Get a cashback of S$138 or a S$150 Caltex StarCash Card when you get your application approved and successfully make 3 transactions within the first 60 days of receiving your card.
- Get attractive discounts of 15% on jewellery purchased from SK Jewellery.
- Earn 3% cashback on all purchases exceeding S$3,000 in a given calendar month. Earn a minimum cashback of 0.5% on all expenses below S$1,000 and 1% cashback on purchases valued between S$1,000 and S$2,999.99.
- Under the Standard Chartered “Good Life” Programme, avail amazing deals on healthcare, entertainment, dining and several other categories at over 190 participating merchants.
- Get a S$50,000 travel insurance cover in the event of travel related accidents/permanent disablements.
Interest charges and other details:
- The annual charges on the card is S$192.60 and the annual rate of interest is 25.9%.
- Principal cardholders can apply for up to 5 supplementary cards.
- Foreign currency transactions are charged an administrative fee of 2.5% and a currency conversion fee of 0.8% charged by the bank and the card association respectively.
- The card can be used to make cash withdrawals subject to interest and handling charges.
What do you get?
- Get up to 14% discount and a 6% cash rebate at Caltex Stations across Singapore.
- Earn up to 5% cash rebate on grocery shopping and up to 2% cash rebate on your dining bills at participating dining merchants across Singapore.
- Earn reward points for every S$1 you spend on purchases using your HSBC Premier MasterCard.
- The card does not charge you an annual fees.
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on categories ranging from entertainment to health and wellness at thousands of participating merchants across the world.
- Get an insurance cover of up to S$300,000 on travel bookings made using your HSBC Premier MasterCard.
Interest charges and other details
- The annual rate of interest on the card 25% p.a. and no annual fees are charged for both the primary and the secondary cards.
- Late payment charges of S$55 will be levied if the minimum monthly payment is not made before the due date. The minimum monthly payment is usually 3% of the monthly outstanding amount.
- In the case of cash advances, handling charges of 5% of the withdrawn amount plus interest charges of 28% p.a. will be charged.
- An overlimit fee of S$40 will be imposed if the permissible credit limit is exceeded by the cardmember.
Besides these two credit cards, there are a few other credit cards that offer decent discounts at Caltex as well. THe OCBC 365 Credit Card and the UOB One Card are some of them.