To travel in style and comfort, you do not necessarily have to spend a lot of money, if you have the right credit card at your disposal. Air miles cards are known to offer a set of travel benefits and privileges to make your journey less exacting and more enjoyable.
Like several Singaporeans, you probably dream of travelling around the world in luxury. With the right air miles rewards card, you’ll no longer have to make-do with economy-class travel every time you fly or yearn for access to a cornucopia of benefits that premier airport lounges around the world have to offer.
Some of the top airline brands operating out of Singapore are:
- Singapore Airlines
- Jetstar Asia Airways
Sometimes, card issuers and airlines companies jointly offer co-branded travel cards to offer users the best of both brands. The American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card, The American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card, The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card and The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card are some of the best co-branded travel cards in Singapore.
Best Credit Cards for Earning Airmiles in Singapore:
In order to maximise the returns on your travel card, you’ll have to know which type of expenditure will give you the highest miles. While some cards may offer you the best complimentary privileges, others will allow you to accumulate a very high number of miles.
The following are the best cards under the miles category currently available in the market:
- The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card: Charge your card first time for bonus KrisFlyer miles.
- The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card: Bonus travel miles on successful approval of supplementary card.
- The American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card: Earn great discounts on dining.
- The American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card: Earn air miles on taxi rides.
- Citi PremierMiles Visa Card: Highest total air miles.
- Citi PremierMiles American Express Card: Best complimentary travel coverage.
- DBS Altitude Card: No Annual Fee Card to earn More Miles
- UOB PRVI Miles Card: Earn highest air miles for booking hotels and flights.
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card: Get six complimentary lounge access globally.
- Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card: Miles Card with Petrol, Dining Offers.
Compare Top Miles Cards:
If you're looking for a best cards those offers or rewarding, free Airmiles when you spend locally or at overseas. Here are some of the best credit cards you may consider.
|Card Name||Card Information||Key Travel Benefit|
AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Card
|Annual fee: S$176.55( first year fee waived), S$53.50 (First Year Fee Waived on Supplementary cards), Grace period: 22 days.||2 KrisFlyer miles on every S$1 spent overseas during Jun to Dec, 1.1 KF-Miles for every S$1 spent on eligible payments|
SC Visa Infinite Card
|Annual fee: S$588.5, Grace period: 22 days from the date of statement generation, You will be getting welcome bonus of 35,000 miles.||3 miles for every S$1 spent overseas. & 1.4 miles for every S$1 spent locally with min spend of S$2,000 per month.|
AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card
|Annual fee: S$337.05, S$80.25 (First Year Fee Waived on Supplementary cards), Grace period: 22 days.||2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent overseas during June and December, 1.2 Krisflyer miles per S$1 spent on eligible payments.|
Citi PremierMiles AMEX Card
|Annual fee: S$267.5, Get a free supplementary card, Grace period: 25 days.||2 Citi Miles for every dollar spent in foreign transactions or at Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, 1.3 Citi Miles for every dollar spent locally. Get Airmiles that will never expire|
Singapore Airlines Solitair PPS Card
|Annual fee: S$551.05(1st Year Fee Waiver), S$80.25 (1st Year Fee on Supplementary card is Waived), Grace period: 22 days.||Up to 2.4 KrisFlyer miles on every single S$1 spent overseas, Up to 1.5 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally.|
DBS Altitude Card
|Annual fee: S$192.6, S$96.30(Fee for each Supplementary Card), Grace period: 20 calendar days, Miles are awarded in the form of DBS Points (1 DBS Point = 2 miles).||2 miles for every dollar spent overseas, 1.2 air miles for every dollar spent locally.|
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
|Annual fee: S$192.6, Get Free Supplementary Card & perpetual fee waiver benefit, Grace period: 25 days.||2 Citi Miles for every S$1 spent overseas, 1.2 Citi Miles for every S$1 spent locally.|
UOB PRVI Miles AMEX Card
|Annual fee: S$256.8. Grace period: 21 days from the date of statement generation, Earn UNI$ for all spends with the card.||2.4 miles per S$1 on overseas spending, 1.4 miles per S$1 on local spending.|
Amex Singapore Airlines PPS Club Card
|Annual fee: S$551.05(1st Year Fee Waiver), S$80.25 (Supplementary Card Fee, 1st Year Fee Waiver), Grace period: 22 days.||Up to 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent overseas, Up to 1.4 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 spent locally.|
Maybank Horizon Visa Card
|Annual fee: S$180.(3-Years Fee Waiver), Earn TREATS Points on all your Spends, Interest-free period: 20 days from the date of generation.||3.2 air miles on every dollar spent on dining, petrol, and booking through Agoda among other things, 2 miles for every dollar spent on foreign currency transactions and purchasing travel packages.|
How Can You Maximise Your Air Miles?
In order to maximise your air miles, choose the right card for the right kind of expenditure. You can now earn air miles in ways other than booking flights. Some of the tips are:
- Look for offers on co-branded cards.
- Look for special offers for first-time card applicants and users.
- Choose your miles card meticulously after identifying your main area of spending.
- Convert rewards points into miles, wherever possible.
- You can earn more miles by dining at select restaurants, staying at select hotels, and taking rides with select taxi operators among other ways.
Things You Should Consider When Choosing a Miles Card:
- Are you looking to accumulate points for yourself or do you want to transfer it?
- What are the joining benefits?
- Does your card offer complimentary benefits like free lounge access, faster immigration clearance, and airport transfers among other things?
- Can you transfer points from one card to another?
- Is a co-branded card offering more value?
- Is your credit score good enough to fetch you the card you want?
Can You Pool Your Miles with That of Someone Else?
In Singapore, the KrisFlyer miles programme is arguably the most popular air miles programme. Singapore Airlines doesn’t allow you to pool your miles with that of your family or transfer your miles to an account belonging to someone else.
However, up to five redemption nominees can be chosen. If you want to change/remove a nominee, you can do it six months after they were added, by paying a fee.
Children, aged two and above, will earn the same number of KrisFlyer miles as their adult companions, in the same booking class and under the same rewards program.
How to Get the Complimentary Lounge Access Pass?
- Choose the right miles rewards card.
- See how many passes you’re eligible for in a year.
- Keep an eye on the benefits that your guests can enjoy when travelling with you.
For more information, click here.