Travel insurance is one of the most elemental constituents of any vacation. These policies not only safeguard you against unforeseen expenses during your trip, but they also offer protection for your close family members. Anything could go wrong during a planned vacation with your family, as you might meet with accidents, or you might end up losing very important items. A travel policy ensures that your damage in terms of the cost incurred is minimised, and you’re insured against any physical damage as well.
Aviva understands the need of such a comprehensive travel insurance plan. They provide the MINDEF & MHA Group Insurance plan to its customers. This plan is specifically for national servicemen, and is issued in collaboration with the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Features and benefits of Aviva Travel Insurance for MINDEF & MHA
The policy covers very important privileges, listed below:
- You can save 30% on the premium amount if you already have an active Group Term Life plan through the MINDEF & MHA Group Insurance Voluntary Scheme.
- The plan doesn’t involve any hidden or extra charges.
- The implementation of the plan is swift, and you don’t have to wait at all.
- The plan provides coverage on single trips as well as multiple trips on an annual basis.
- There are coverage options available for both individuals and families.
- It gives you the option of renewing the policy online, at any point in time.
- You also get access to emergency travel helpline. You can contact them any day, and it’s a 24-hour hotline service.
Promotion on Aviva Travel Insurance for MINDEF & MHA
Both new customers and renewal applicants can earn a 30% discount on premiums. This is a recognition of your services towards the country. However, to make use of the offer, you have to get an online quote as a preliminary step. The next step would involve you entering your NRIC number.
The immediate family members who can make use of this offer include parents, spouse, siblings, and children. You must also submit few important supporting documents to email@example.com. The document submission process should be completed within a week from the date the policy was bought.
Eligibility criteria on Aviva Travel Insurance for MINDEF & MHA
The following eligibility parameters apply to this policy:
- You need to be one of the following:
- Full-time National Servicemen (NSFs)
- Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen)
- Regular servicemen and volunteers including NS Volunteers, SAF Volunteer Corps, Civil Defence Auxiliary Unit and SPF Voluntary Special Constabulary.
- To be eligible for the promotional discount, you or a close family member should be protected by Group Term Life policy dictated by the MINDEF & MHA Group Insurance Voluntary Scheme. If you’ve just applied for the plan, you can earn 30% discount by sending documentary proof of relationship within 30 days of purchasing the policy.
- When you apply for any of the 3 general insurance plans, your MINDEF & MHA Group Insurance policy must be active.
To start off, you must email the type of relationship you share with a co-policyholder and the policy number. Here is a list of a few essential documents that need to be shown for you to make use of the 30% discount on the travel plan:
- You must forward a photocopy of the marriage certificate if the closest kin is a spouse.
- You need to show a photocopy of your birth certificate, if the closest kin is a parent.
- You also need to produce a photocopy of birth certificate of both yourself and your sibling, if the closest kin is a sibling.
Customer Support on Aviva Travel Insurance for MINDEF & MHA
Aviva provides extensive customer support. They have a 24-hour dedicated hotline, whom you can reach by dialling +65 6827 9966. Alternately, you can mail the company at firstname.lastname@example.org to clear your doubts about this policy.