Everyone needs a car nowadays to keep up with the fast-paced world and with a great car comes greater responsibilities. One of the most important responsibility after buying a car is to get it insured. Not only does a car insurance provide coverage for you and your family, but it also takes care of third party liabilities.
AVIVA Car Insurance Overview
AVIVA is one of the pioneer companies that has a presence worldwide. Services offered by them include car insurance, personal accident insurance, travel insurance, etc. As one of the first direct car insurer, AVIVA promises to get its customers home after an accident. With an assurance of no hidden payments, AVIVA offers to cover repairs for your car after an accident.
Features of AVIVA Car Insurance
AVIVA ensures that the deal offered on the car insurance to their customers is comprehensive. They also understand that different individuals have different requirements and hence, designed their policy in such a way that it meets everyone’s needs.
- Complete protection is offered against theft, damage due to accidents or acts of fire, and more. You can avail the market value of your car including the COE in case of loss or theft of your car. The audio equipment and car accessories are also covered under the policy up to a maximum amount of S$500 each.
- Avail insurance cover for any injury caused to your co-passengers during an accident. In case of death or loss of sight / hearing you can receive a coverage of up to S$20000 and for loss of a limb the coverage offered is S$10000.
- AVIVA Car Insurance takes care of third party liability and provides unlimited cover for it. It also offers property damage cover of up to S$5000000
- Medical expenses incurred by you and your co passengers in an accident, are reimbursed.
- If an accident causes partial or complete damage to the child seat in your car, you are entitled to a cover of up to S$250
- The AVIVA accident and repair service offers assistance at the accident scene.
- Not only do you get emergency car breakdown assistance but also you are dropped home safely after an accident, for free.
Optional Car Insurance Coverages
- For situations involving loss or theft of your car keys, AVIVA provides cover amount of up to S$500 for replacing the central locking interface, transmitter, etc.
- The No Claims Discount Protector feature helps you to protect your NCD while claiming insurance.
- An add-on audio equipment cover feature provides insurance for your car audio system up to an amount of S$1500
Benefits offered by AVIVA Car Insurance
If a good car insurance is what you are looking for then AVIVA Car Insurance is the best option for you. It comes with several benefits such as:
- When you choose an AVIVA approved garage for fixing the car damages after an accident, the repairs are guaranteed for a period of 12 months.
- AVIVA Car Insurance comes with a 14 day free look period which allows you to enjoy the privileges for 14 days and then drop it if you don’t like the policy. You will receive a full refund of the premium paid for those 14 days.
- In case, AVIVA considers that an accident was not caused by any fault of yours, you will not have to pay any bills for towing, cabs or repair. Everything will be taken care of by AVIVA.
- Enjoy the option to choose particular features for your car insurance policy and customize it according to your needs.
- Avail free roadside assistance in case of an emergency. The emergency hotline is open 24X7 and the customer service executives are ever ready to help you in case of a sudden car breakdown.
- AVIVA has teamed up with SAF to provide an exclusive deal for its customers by giving a discount of 15% on the premium.
- The POGIS policyholders under AVIVA Car Insurance scheme can enjoy 15% off on their first year premium.
No Claims Discount (NCD)
If you have not made any claim as part of your car insurance policy, Aviva will raise your No Claims Discount when you renew your policy. If you are involved in an accident which later turns out was not because of you, you will not lose your No Claims Discount, but if it is found that you are at fault, Aviva will reduce your No Claims Discount. Aviva will not issue NCD for policies which are less than a year old.
|Prevailing NCD with Aviva||After zero claim||After one claim|
|50%||50% with Safe Driver Discount||50%|
|40%||50% with Safe Driver Discount||40%|
What does Aviva car insurance policy cover?
|Car insurance coverage||Payable amount|
|If a child seat is fitted to your car and it gets damaged after an accident||S$250|
|Damage caused to your car because of an accident or fire and when your car is stolen||Value of your car in the market|
|Damage caused to your car accessories because of an accident or fire||S$500|
|Damage caused to the audio equipment in your car because of fire or theft||S$500|
|Damage caused to the windscreen of your car because of an accident or fire||Unlimited if you are taking the service of Aviva authorised repairer|
|Damage caused to personal belongings in your car because of fire or theft||S$500|
|If any passenger or you die or loses his/her hearing or sight||S$20,000 (for both eyes and ears) S$10,000 (for one ear and eye)|
|If you or any passenger in your car loses a limb||S$10,000|
|Cost of medical expenses if you or passengers in your car are injured in an accident||S$1,000|
|Death or injury caused to another person, including passengers||Unlimited|
|Damage to property||S$5 million|
|Damage caused to the car when you use it in western part of Malaysia||Your insurance policy cover in Singapore and the least permissible requirements in Malaysia|
|Damage caused to the car when you use it in Peninsula Thailand||Up to the cover of insurance policy in Singapore and the minimum legal requirements in Thailand|
As it is with most insurance providers, you will not get any coverage under the following circumstances:
- Any injury, damage, accident or loss because of breach of faith.
- Any injury, damage, accident or loss caused by you or your partner’s unruly act, wilful neglect or complicity.
- Any injury, damage, accident or loss caused if your car is registered outside Singapore.
- Damage caused to your vehicle as a result of an act of a foreign enemy, war, invasion, riots, demonstrations and more.
- Damage caused to your vehicle if an accident happens outside the territorial limits mentioned in the policy.
- Any injury, damage, accident or loss caused if your vehicle was driven by you or someone who:
- Is not conforming to the terms and conditions of the driving licence.
- Does not have a proper driving licence for the type of vehicle driven.
- Used the vehicle for commercial purpose.
- Carried more number of people than the permitted number.
How to make a claim?
If you are involved in a car accident, call the police if people are injured. You can call Aviva at 63332222 to start the claims process.
Your call will be recorded and all details concerning your car insurance claim will be collected. Aviva will send a Mobile Accident Response Service (MARS) vehicle to the accident scene if needed.
You must not put your signature on any promissory note giving your assurance to compensate for damages or concede any liability or allow your car to be towed away immediately after the accident. Let us now take a look at the benefits of Aviva Motor Claims Service:
- A dedicated trauma management team to escort you through the entire claims process.
- No need for you to fill up any form as Aviva’s team will do it for you.
- Free accident recovery throughout the day, all year round.
- A large network of authorised repairer workshops with a guarantee on all repairs. These workshops use only original manufacturer’s replacement parts.
Never forget to report accidents to Aviva within a day of the incident irrespective of whether you make a claim or not. If you do not report the accident in time, your No Claims Discount will get affected and your claim may not be entertained.
Aviva Car Insurance renewal
Aviva will send you a notice of renewal through email and SMS 45 days before your current policy expires. You can click on the link sent to you in the renewal reminder email. Once you do that, you will be directed to the renewal payment screen. Otherwise, you can log on to Aviva’s website to view and renew your policy.
If you wish, you can lower your premium by raising the damage policy excess or restricting the number of insured drivers in your policy. You cannot renew your car insurance policy if it has lapsed.
How to cancel Aviva car insurance?
If you cancel your policy after the free-look period of 14 days, you will be eligible for a refund of part of the premium paid. The period for which you have been covered, a portion of the premium will be deducted. If you want to cancel a policy for which you have made a claim, you will not be entitled to any refund.
AVIVA Car Insurance Eligibility
- The applicants must be residents of Singapore
- The individual must be within the age limit of 21 to 70 years
- The applicant must have at least 1 year of driving experience
- Being the registered owner of the car to be insured is a must
- The car that is going to be insured should not be more than ten years old
- The individual must be medically fit for driving and should abide by traffic rules and regulations
Compare AVIVA Car Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Car Insurance in Singapore
- Tokio Marine Motor Insurance
- NTUC Motor Insurance
- NTUC Car Insurance
- HSBC Car Insurance
- Tenet Car Insurance
- AXA Car Insurance
- AIG Motor Insurance
- AIG Commercial Motor Insurance
- Liberty Vehicle Insurance
- ETIQA Motor Insurance
FAQs - AVIVA Car Insurance
- Can I avail car insurance instantly with AVIVA?
- Do you insure motorcycles, commercial vehicles and taxis?
- Do you insure modified vehicles?
- Can I send my car to my preferred garage?
- Do you provide additional personal accident cover?
Yes, you can make payments online and buy your car insurance policy instantly. The policy documents and insurance certificate can be availed via email.
No. The car insurance policy offered by AVIVA are for private cars registered under the name of an individual.
Yes, AVIVA offers cover for modified vehicles only if the modifications are approved by LTA.
Yes, you may. However, in such a situation, you will not receive any guarantee from AVIVA for the repairs.
Yes. AVIVA offers optional cover for any injury caused to you or your co-passengers during an accident.