We all expect a smooth and gratifying experience whenever we go on a trip. However, unfortunate incidents may happen that are not under anyone’s control. With Unisure Leisure Travel Insurance you will have peace of mind from the minute you book your ticket.
Most travel policies normally cover your medical expenses incurred during the journey. However, with Unisure Leisure Travel Insurance you will get numerous benefits that will minimise any trouble encountered during the trip and covers a wide range of incidents such as acts of terror, baggage delay, flight deviation and more. There are two types of Unisure Leisure Travel Insurance- Gold and Silver.
Types of UOI Travel Insurance
UOI sells the Unisure Leisure travel policy with various packages, which are listed below:
- Gold Plan: This plan is available in single trip format for individuals and families opting for ASEAN, Asia, or Worldwide coverage. In annual trip format, the plan is available only for individuals for Asia and Worldwide coverage.
- Silver Plan: This plan also has a similar coverage to that of the Gold Plan. Single trip policy can be bought by individuals as well as families going to ASEAN, Asia, or anywhere else in the world, while annual trip policy can be bought only by individuals choosing the Asia or worldwide geographies.
UOI Travel Insurance Coverage
The coverage offered by the Unisure Leisure travel policy is listed out in the table below:
|Coverage||Gold (in S$)||Silver (in S$)|
|Dental, medical and other expenses incurred abroad|
|Death in public transport|
||No Cover||No Cover|
|Permanent Disablement and Accidental Death|
|Medical expense in Singapore||30,000||15,000|
|Personal liability||1 million||500,000|
|Trip cancellation cover||10,000||5,000|
|Lost baggage cover||5,000||3,000|
|Limit per article||800||800|
|Lost document cover||5,000||3,000|
|Terrorism and hostage crisis cover||Yes||Yes|
Key benefits of buying UOI Travel Insurance
Apart from the coverage mentioned in the table above, you will get the following benefits:
- Emergency mobile phone charges
- Repatriation expenses of mortal remains
- Child assistance
- Compassionate visit by a friend or relative
- Credit card protection
- Rental vehicle excess
How to apply for UOI Travel Insurance
If you want to apply for a Unisure Leisure travel plan, you will have to visit the website and click on the “Buy Now” button. It will direct you to a page where you will have to enter your relevant details. Once you do that, you will get a quote after which you will have to make the payment.
How to claim UOI Travel Insurance
To file a claim, you will have to download the Claims Form from the website. Once you have entered all the details, you will have to send the completed form along with other appropriate documents to UOI’s Claims Handling Agent at Broadspire by Crawford & Company. You can call them at 6632 8639. You must make sure to notify all claims within 31 days of the date of expiry of the policy.
Check your eligibility for UOI Travel Insurance
You will be eligible for travel protection only if you fulfil the following conditions:
- You are a citizen of Singapore, Permanent Resident, Employment Pass/Dependent Pass/Student Pass holder.
- You are born and brought up in Singapore.
- A child should be below 18 years or up to 23 years if he/she is studying in an institution and is unmarried, not employed during purchase of the policy.
- A child will not be eligible for an Annual Multi-Trip plan.
- The outing should not be for medical purpose.
UOI Travel Insurance Hotline
The UOI hotline number for travel covers is 6222 7733.
Take a Glance of other Travel Insurance available in Singapore
- AIG Travel Insurance
- AXA Travel Insurance
- AVIVA Travel Insurance
- Liberty Travel Insurance
- ETIQA Travel Insurance
- MSIG Travel Insurance
- HSBC Travel Insurance
- Tenet Travel Insurance
- QBE Standard Plus Travel Insurance
- ACE Supreme Travel Insurance
- Tokio Marine Travel Insurance
- AIA Travel Insurance
UOI Income Travel Insurance FAQs
Q. What is ‘Family Plan’ in Unisure Leisure travel policy?
A. Family Plan refers to you and/or your partner with any number of dependent children.
Q. What is the age limit to get Unisure Leisure travel plan?
A. If you are looking for a Single Trip policy, there is no age limit. However, a person who is older than 70 years will get limited cover.
Q. Can I purchase a UOI insurance for a one-way journey?
A. No, you will not get travel protection for one-way journey.
Q. How can I pay for online purchase of a Unisure policy?
A. UOI accepts both VISA and MasterCard.`
Q. Can I purchase a UOI travel policy after leaving Singapore?
A. No, you have to purchase Unisure travel package before leaving Singapore. If you purchase the insurance after leaving Singapore, the contract will be null and void.