United Overseas Bank is one of the major banks across the globe that offers lucrative financial services and products. With Insure & Travel, the travel insurance plan from UOB, you can enjoy great benefits and coverage.
Types of UOB Travel Insurance Plans:
There are two types of travel insurance plans provided by United Overseas Bank. They are as follows:
- Preferred Plan
- Essential Plan
Features and Benefits of UOB Travel Insurance:
This travel insurance plan offers a myriad of attractive features and perks that can prove to be extremely beneficial for you.
- You can avail benefits even before you start your trip when you are covered under Insure & Travel. Enjoy coverage in case of cancellation or loss of deposit for Trip Postponement.
- Avail coverage in the event of accidental death or total permanent disability. Indemnity can be increased when you are on a public conveyance that is scheduled.
- Get unlimited coverage for expenses related to repatriation of mortal remains.
- Your kid’s education fund is covered under the Essential Plan.
- Any dental or medical expense incurred in a foreign country is covered under Insure & Travel.
- Avail coverage for repatriation and emergency medical evacuation.
- When you return to Singapore with a health condition after being treated in a foreign country, you can avail follow-up treatment and medical expenses.
- The Chiropractic Treatment costs and TCM (Traditional Chinese Medical) Treatment costs are covered.
- For any emergency medical help, the charges for your mobile phone are covered.
- Avail allowance for hospital confinement.
- Avail compassionate cover when a friend or relative visits. Also, your child’s caretaker costs are covered under Compassionate Support.
- You are covered under this plan in events of trip cancellation, trip curtailment, travel delay, etc.
- Avail coverage in case of baggage delay.
- In the event of flight deviation, you can enjoy lump sum coverage.
- You are covered against events like kidnapping and hijacking.
- Avail coverage for misconnection in travel.
- Enjoy exclusive benefits and coverage if you are a UOB card holder like Credit Protector Liability and Credit Card Indemnity.
- Enjoy several more benefits that include Rental Vehicle Excess, Personal Liability, Home Protection, etc.
- Avail coverage against acts of terrorism that includes biological, chemical and nuclear terrorism.
- Enjoy travel assistance when you are overseas.
- Nuclear Hazards.
- Government Acts and War Risks.
- Unreasonable attention and care.
- Self-inflicted illness or injury.
- Mountaineering, motor sports, vehicle racing, underwater activities except scuba diving in presence of a diving instructor.
- AIDS or any other complexity related to AIDS.
- Drug abuse or alcoholism.
- Medical conditions that are already there.
- Non-essential surgery or treatment.
- Medical attention and treatment being the purpose of the trip.
Curtailment and: Cancellation:
- Failing to notify the tour operator or travel agent or provider of accommodation and transport in the event of trip curtailment or cancellation.
- Failing to check-in as per the travel itinerary.
- Any industrial action or strike that already existed at the time of buying the insurance policy.
Baggage and Money
- General wear and tear.
- Detention or confiscation by customs.
- Damage to articles that are fragile.
- Baggage losses that are not reported immediately.
- Injury caused to the insured’s family or employees.
- Liability that arises due to use of watercraft, aircraft and vehicles.
- You must be a Singaporean citizen or a permanent resident with valid work permit and employment pass.
- The maximum age up to when you can enroll for the annual Multi trip plan is 70 years.
- You must be domiciled in Singapore.
- The Family plan can include the policyholder, spouse and any number of children.
- The trip undertaken should not be for undergoing medical treatments.
- Customers ages over 70 years are not eligible to be enrolled under the Preferred plan.