UOB offers different types of Savings Accounts that help you in increasing your savings by providing attractive rates of interest on the amount you save.
Types of UOB Savings Account
- UOB Passbook Savings Account.
- UOB Junior Savers Account.
- UOB Uniplus Savings Account.
- UOB FlexiDeposit Account.
- UOB TX Account.
- UOB Child Development Account.
- UOB Global Currency Premium Account.
UOB Passbook Savings Account
UOB Passbook Savings Account offers you a high interest rate along with the following benefits:
- You can access this account at any time using the UOB Phone Banking and Personal Internet Banking services.
- With this account, you will either receive a free international ATM Card or the fee of your UOB Direct Visa Card will be waived for a period of 3 years.
- Any Singaporean/Non-Singaporean/Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 15 years old can apply for this account.
- Account holders can access UniAlerts - a service that sends alerts related to your banking activities on your mobile phone or email.
UOB Junior Savers Account
UOB Junior Savers Account helps you in saving money for your child from childhood itself. This account provides a free life insurance coverage, ensuring that your child is protected.
- When you child turns 16 years old, you can request the bank to convert this account to a regular savings account.
- The account offers very good rate of interest.
- With this account, you will receive a free ATM Card that has PLUS and NETS facilities activated on it.
- This account can be accessed 24/7 via UOB Phone Banking and Personal Internet Banking services.
UOB Uniplus Savings Account
UOB Uniplus Savings Account is a statement-based account that offers you an attractive rate of interest along with monthly statements.
- This account provides either a free international ATM Card or it waives of the fee of the account holder’s UOB Direct Visa Card for 3 years.
- This account can be accessed 24/7 using the online banking or phone banking services of the bank.
- Account holders can transfer money to this account from their other bank accounts easily.
- Anyone who is at least 15 years old can open this account.
UOB FlexiDeposit Account
UOB FlexiDeposit Account is a type of savings account that offers a premium rate of interest. Account holders can access the amount they save in the account at any time they wish.
- Anyone who is 21 years old and above can apply for this account.
- To apply for this account, applicants need to make a minimum initial deposit of S$5,000.
- Along with this account, people will either avail a 3-year waiver on the fee of their UOB Direct Visa Card or they will receive a free global ATM card.
- Customers of this account can access UniAlerts, a service that informs them about their banking activities via email or phone.
UOB TX Account
UOB TX Account is a savings account that does not require a minimum balance or documentation or any service charge.
- It provides a very good rate of interest to the account holders.
- The minimum initial deposit required to open this account is just S$100.
- Account holders can see their bank statements online via e-statements.
- Anyone who is a full time student between the age of 16 years and 21 years can open for this account.
UOB Child Development Account
UOB Child Development Account offers an interest rate of 2% p.a. on all balances and other benefits such as:
- Every dollar that people save in their Child Development Account is matched by the Government. It is matched for up to a certain amount depending on the birth order of the child.
- You can avail CDA First Step Grant worth S$3,000, if your child was born on/after March 24, 2016.
- You can use the savings of this account to pay via GIRO or NETS for certain permitted expenses that has been incurred at Approved Institutions.
- Account holders can easily track and access their monthly statements.
UOB Global Currency Premium Account
Apart from giving access to 8 foreign currencies, UOB Global Currency Premium Account offers premium interest rates to its customers from the 1st dollar itself.
- This account can be opened by anyone who is 21 years old and above.
- Customers do not have to pay any monthly fee for using this account.
- Customers can access the following 8 currencies using this account:
- US Dollar (USD).
- Great Britain Pound (GBP).
- Australian Dollar (AUD).
- Canadian Dollar (CAD).
- Euro (EUR).
- Chinese Renminbi (CNH).
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD).
- Japanese Yen (JPY).
- Account holders can use the Internet Banking and Phone Banking services of UOB to track and access their UOB Global Currency Premium Accounts.
UOB Savings Account Application
To apply for a UOB Savings Account, you can visit any branch of the bank. If you want to avail the express account opening service, you can book an appointment for the same online on the bank’s website.
Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents can apply for a Child Development Account online by filling up the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) Online Form. This form is available on the website of UOB Bank. Third Party Trustees and Foreigners can apply for this account in person by visiting any branch of the bank.
UOB Savings Account Savings Account Interest Rates
|Account Name||Min Interest Rates||Max Interest Rates||Min Deposit Amount||Max Deposit Amount|
|UOB Passbook Savings Account||0.05% p.a.||0.2% p.a.||
|UOB Junior Savers Account||0.05% p.a.||0.1% p.a.||S$500||Unlimited|
|UOB Uniplus Savings Account||0.05% p.a.||0.1% p.a.||S$500||Unlimited|
|FlexiDeposit Account||0.05% p.a.||0.1% p.a.||S$5,000||Unlimited|
|TX Account||0.05% p.a.||0.1% p.a.||S$100||Unlimited|
|UOB Child Development Account (CDA)||2%||2%||None||Unlimited|
|Global Currency Premium Account||
|UOB Stash Account||0.05% p.a.||1.00% p.a.||S$1,000||Unlimited|
Note: Rates and values can change anytime as per UOB’s discretion and without prior notice.
News About UOB Savings Account
UOB customers will no longer have to any currency conversion fees as the new digital banking solution Mighty FX enables them to transact swiftly in 11 currencies. This has been a long-standing demand from UOB customers.
30th January 2018
People in Singapore who open a new savings account between 2 January 2018 and 28 February 2018 with UOB have an opportunity to earn an interest of up to 1.10% p.a. In addition, they will also receive a limited edition 24-carat Prosperity Dog Figurine made of Crystal Ingot, if they deposit S$128,000 during the period of promotion.
08th January 2018