UOB bank has a long standing history in Singapore. Founded by Datuk Wee Kheng Chiang in 1935 to cater mainly to the Fujian community, UOB has grown to cater to a wide segment of consumers and even branched out in the services it provides. UOB has grown not just in offerings but also in size and now has its presence across 3 continents and over 19 countries.
The list of services it provides includes personal banking services, banking services for small industries and trust and asset management services. Its commitment to provide world class solutions is evident in its long list of accolades. The bank has won awards such as Best Retail Bank in 2011 along with the title of Best SME Banking Business.
Using UOB internet banking services, you can pay bills at more than 400 billing organisations. The wide range of services offered by UOB internet banking includes managing your account to making investments and paying bills. It uses 2FA, a two-step authentication factor to ensure your internet banking transactions are secure.
Learing iBanking & UOB iBanking
Nowadays, internet banking has become common in Singapore. With internet banking, you can carry out all your traditional banking services at any time and from anywhere. All you need is a broadband connection to login to your online banking account on the bank’s official website. You will have to register for online banking services using your bank account or credit card. A username and password will be provided to you for login. Whether you want to make bill payments or transfer funds, you can carry out several banking services with ease using internet banking. You no longer have to wait in queues at a bank branch to make cheque and cash deposits.
How does internet banking or iBanking work in Singapore?
Internet banking offers you convenient and easy access to banking services. Most banks in Singapore offer incentives for carrying out transactions using internet banking services. Listed below is the step-by-step process on how to use internet banking:
- You will have to carry out a one-time registration on the bank website using your credit card or debit card.
- Login to your internet banking account with the provided username and password. Password can be changed at your discretion.
- Start using the internet banking tools for making bill payments, transferring funds, making investments, updating contact details, etc.
Some banks provide the option to live chat with a bank customer service officer regarding banking-related queries.
How to Apply for UOB Internet Banking Services?
To apply for internet banking services, you will need:
- UOB bank account, or
- UOB credit card.
You can register online, at UOB ATM or bank branch. A one-time registration is required to open your online account. UOB internet banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week also you can check for UOB Hotline numbers.
How to Log into UOB Personal Internet Banking service
Logging into your UOB Personal banking page is a simple process and entails the following steps.
- Visit the UOB Personal Internet banking webpage
- Enter your user ID and PIN
- Once authenticated, the page will log you in and you can view and manage your account.
- In the case where you have forgotten either your User ID or PIN, you can simply click on the “Forgot User ID or PIN tab just below the space provided for you to enter your details.
- Follow the steps and fill in the required information in the given fields to view your user ID and reset your PIN. Due to security reasons, a User ID cannot be changed regularly, hence always go with a username that you can easily remember.
Services Available for UOB Personal Internet Banking Users in Singapore
Listed below are some of the common services available for UOB internet banking users in Singapore:
- Manage your account
- Make investments
- Buy gold
- Purchase Singapore Government Securities and T-Bills
- Apply or redeem Singapore Savings Bond online
- Apply for new accounts or credit cards
- View your bank balance
- View online statements of your transactions
- Set-up automatic bill payment
- Transfer funds
- Update contact details
- Make enquiries
Key Benefits of UOB Personal Internet Banking
Having a UOB iBanking service set-up offers account holders a multitude of benefits. These include the following.
- Account holders can view and manage their account with just a few clicks of their button. Personal Internet banking customers can manage payees and can transfer funds at ease.
- Not only will they be able to view their account details and check their transaction histories but can also use the Personal Internet Banking service to set reminders to pay off their utility bills.
- The Personal Internet Banking service can be used for services such as activating a credit card or applying for new credit cards.
- Personal Internet Banking also allows the account holders to enjoy preferential rates on services such as standing instructions, demand drafts and regular overseas fund transfers.
Investment Options for UOB Personal Internet Banking customers
Customers who have activated Personal Internet Banking can even enjoy investment options such as
- Singapore Government Securities: This investment option from the Singapore Government is guaranteed and comes with timely payments of interest upon its maturity. They provide a safe alternative to equities and come with a Triple A rating. These investments are highly liquid in nature and can even be sold before its maturity date.
- Treasury Bills: These investment options are sold to UOB Personal Internet banking customers at discounted face value and fetch full face value upon its maturity. The tenure of such bills are anywhere between 3 months to 12 months and are apt short term investment options.
- Singapore Savings bonds: These bonds are backed by the Singapore government and as such are a low risk option of investing wealth and allows personal internet banking customers to earn interest on their invested savings. The principal amount in this investment is guaranteed which means no capital losses. The tenure of this investment can go up to 10 years and is a great asset to diversify one’s portfolio. The minimum investment amount is S$500 and requires an individual Central Depository securities account or CDP account.
FAQs For UOB iBanking Users
Listed below are some of the frequently asked questions by internet banking users:
- What to do if my UOB internet banking account has been hacked?
- Why should I choose UOB internet banking services?
- Is there a fee or charge for using internet banking services?
- What are the security measures taken to protect my online transactions?
- Where can I use UOB internet banking services?
Call UOB hotline number 1800 222 2121 for domestic calls and +65 6222 2121 for overseas calls to suspend access to your internet banking account. Reset your PIN.
You can easily manage your assets, get real time information, make investments, pay bills, and manage your account. UOB internet banking is available 24/7.
UOB doesn’t charge a fee for using its internet banking services. It is available free of charge for subscription and sign up.
2FA or Two-Factor Authentication and one-time passwords are used as security measures to protect your online banking account and transactions. You can also register with UOB for internet banking alerts via SMS or email notifications.
You can use internet banking in Android devices, iPhone, iPad, Personal Computers, etc.