UOB, one of Singapore’s leading banks, has several financial products and services for its customers. From UOB internet banking to wealth banking, and private banking to privilege banking, UOB has the right financial solutions for every Singaporean. UOB offers products for saving, investment, spending, borrowing and insurance. Among the simplest of its products are the fixed deposits, which allow you to store your hard-earned money safely and securely for a specific period. The money isn’t there just for safe-keeping; you also earn interest on the amount, helping you grow your savings slowly but surely. Fixed deposits are also known as FDs, time deposits or term deposits.
UOB Fixed Deposit Promotions in Singapore
|Product||Promotion||Valid up to||Eligibility||Terms and conditions|
|Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit||Get an interest of 1.10% p.a. on the 10-month tenure.||30th June, 2017||
• Minimum age: 15 years
• Minimum deposit amount for 1 month or more: S$5,000
• Minimum deposit amount for 7 to 14 days: S$250,000
• Minimum deposit amount for less than 7 days: S$1 million
|To get this special interest rate, you need to deposit at least S$20,000. You cannot transfer the money from your savings or current account or deposit through UOB-issued cheques. The promotion will not be applicable if you make a withdrawal before the deposit reaches maturity.|
|Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit||Get an interest of 1.30% p.a. on US Dollar FDs of 6 months.||30th June, 2017||
• Minimum age: 15 years
• If you are a foreigner, you need to bring along a Singaporean or Permanent Resident as introducer to open the FD.
• The minimum deposit amount differs from currency to currency.
|To get this special interest rate, you need to deposit at least US$50,000. You cannot transfer the money from your savings or current account or deposit through UOB-issued cheques. The promotion will not be applicable if you make a withdrawal before the deposit reaches maturity.|
Browse for All Fixed Deposit Promotion Offers by Top Banks in Singapore
UOB Bank Fixed deposit Promo Accounts
UOB offers two kinds of time deposit accounts:
- Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit: This is specifically for deposits made in Singapore dollars. This FD has more flexibility in tenures and deposit amounts.
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit: This term deposit is only for foreign currencies, and each currency will yield a different interest rate depending on its market value. You can make deposits in US Dollar, Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, New Zealand dollar, Hong Kong dollar, British Pound, Euro, Swiss Francs, Japanese Yen and Chinese Renminbi.
Why choose UOB Bank fixed deposits?
Here are some of the reason why UOB term deposit products are one of the best in Singapore:
- You get flexibility in duration of your deposit. The deposits can be made for less than 7 days to 36 months for Singapore dollar FDs and for 1 week to 1 year for foreign currency FDs.
- The interest rate offered by UOB is competitive and high compared to many other banks.
- The minimum deposit amounts are quite low for UOB Bank FDs.
- You can automatically renew the time deposit if it matures and you don’t want to withdraw the money.
- You can borrow money against your fixed deposit account as a secured overdraft.
- You can link your account to UOB Internet Banking and operate the account online with no hassle.
- Fixed deposits of up to S$50,000 at the UOB Bank are insured against loss under the Deposit Insurance Scheme of Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Check out UOB Bank Hotline numbers for any queries regarding your Fixed Deposit Account.
News About Fixed Deposit
UOB Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit promotion
Runtime period: This promotion started on April 1, 2017 and is valid until April 29, 2017.
Particulars: Get a Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit offered by UOB at a promotional interest rate of 1.20% p.a. The fixed deposit will be valid for 13 months. You will need to invest at least S$20,000 in new funds in order to enjoy this promotion.
Terms and conditions: This offer is available at only certain UOB branches. This offer can be used only by individual customers. You will not be able to use this promotion with any other offer or privilege that is provided by UOB.
17th April 2017