Travelling in a group can be fun, but it can potentially become expensive and stressful if you do not have the right group travel insurance. Most insurers in Singapore offer group travel insurance and you will get coverage for a wide range of incidents such as lost cash, freak accidents, travel delay, and more.
Who Should Purchase a Group Travel Insurance Policy?
You should buy a group travel insurance policy if you are travelling to another country in a group for leisure or business. A group travel insurance policy will be available with single trip plans as well as annual multi-trip plans. The benefits offered by group travel insurance include personal covers such as emergency medical benefits, overseas hospital confinement, accidental death, travel inconvenience benefits such as baggage delay, bonus covers, and more.
Benefits of a Group Travel Insurance Policy
With group travel insurance, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- You get the option of customising the coverage offered based on the needs of your group.
- You will enjoy worldwide 24/7 on-the-spot emergency assistance.
- Enjoy emergency evacuation service from remote areas where there are no proper medical care.
- There are a few insurers who offer in-built mobile apps with Android and Apple smartphones that will keep you informed about your policy.
- Be better prepared before you even take the trip about the various risks associated with the destination as there are a few insurers who send alerts when disruptions/incidents occur.
List of Insurers That Offer Group Travel Insurance Policy
- QBE Group Travel
- AIG GroupPlus
- Chubb Travel Smart
- FWD Business
- MSIG TravelEasy
- Sompo TravelJoy
- Aviva Travel Plus
- Tokio Marine XPLORA
- ERGO TravelProtect
- Allianz Global Assistance
- Budget Direct
- Direct Asia
- Hong Leong Assurance
- Hyfe Assure
- The Wise Traveller
The list above is not exhaustive as there are other insurers as well that offer group travel insurance. Often many people get confused between a group travel insurance plan and family travel insurance plan. The one major difference between the two is that in a family travel insurance plan, insured persons are required to be related to each other which is not necessary with group travel insurance.
The premium for a group insurance is directly proportional to the number of people included in the policy. Many travel insurers also offer numerous promotional deals on their group plans which are mostly in the form of discounts on the premium. So, before you purchase a group insurance policy, make sure that you get enough coverage for all your travel needs.