About Tokio Marine Accident Insurance
Life is very uncertain and no matter how careful we are, we cannot avoid accidents. Even people who are very careful about their actions and the way they conduct themselves are faced with accidents at times. Such uncertain events often bring with them a lot of financial burdens as people who meet with accidents have to bear the cost of seeking medical treatment. Thus, it is important that people protect themselves against uncertain events in life by opting for a comprehensive accident insurance policy. Tokio Marine Accident Insurance policies are very comprehensive in nature and they offer the required financial protection against accidents.
Tokio Marine is a reputed insurance company that has a presence in over 35 countries around the world. The company provides a wide range of insurance products including accident insurance. Tokio Marine is one of the largest insurers in Singapore.
Tokio Marine Accident Insurance Policies
Tokio Marine provides the following accident insurance policies in Singapore:
- TM PA (Personal Accident) –
It is a personal accident policy that is non-participatory in nature and offers financial assistance for dealing with the financial burden associated with accidents. It provides a variety of benefits and features that make it an all-inclusive insurance policy.
Features and Benefits of TM PA (Personal Accident)
- It offers death and accidental death benefits to the family members of the policyholders.
- It offers benefits to those who are dismembered or sustain burns due to an accident.
- It reimburses the amount spent on medical care after meeting with an accident.
- It offers double indemnity benefit and also offers Child Care for free.
- It is renewable up to the age of 75 and is available to A, B, C or D occupational classes.
If you are looking for worldwide coverage, this is the personal accident insurance policy you should opt for. It provides round-the-clock assistance for permanent disablement or accidental death and a variety of other beneficial features to the policyholders.
Types of Plans
|Plan A||Sum Assured|
|Permanent disability or accidental death||$50,000|
|Plan B||Sum Assured|
|Permanent disability or accidental death||$100,000|
|Plan C||Sum Assured|
|Permanent disability or accidental death||$200,000|
|Plan D||Sum Assured|
|Permanent disability or accidental death||$300,000|
Features and Benefits of TM 365
- It offers payouts of up to 150% of the assured amount, in case the policyholder is permanently disabled.
- It reimburses the amount spent on outpatient and inpatient medical expenses while seeking treatment after an accident.
- It offers recuperation benefits up to 1 year for normal hospitalisation and up to 1 month for ICU, each time the policyholder meets with an accident.
- It offers enhanced benefits in the form of trauma support, mobility aid and prosthesis, caregiver grant, optional child cover etc.
- It covers the cost of modifying a house or vehicle if the policyholder is permanently disabled.
- It offers four different plans that provides coverage ranging from $50,000 to $300,000 for permanent disablement or accidental death.
It is a Tokio Marine Insurance Policy which is renewable on a yearly basis and offers financial assistance to the policyholder in case of dismemberment, accidental death, injury and disability.
Features and Benefits of TM Protect PA
- It provides coverage for people in all age groups till the age of 70.
- It offers enhanced cover for diseases such as dengue fever, food poisoning and Hand Foot & Mouth Disease (HFMD).
- It offers global round-the-clock coverage.
- It offers an income benefit on a weekly basis to policyholder when they meet with an accident.
- It offers medical reimbursement, accidental death, dismemberment, burns and double indemnity benefits.
Compare Tokio Marine Accident Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Accident Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Accident Insurance
- AXA Group Personal Accident Insurance
- AVIVA Personal Accident Insurance
- Great Eastern Accident Insurance
- ETIQA Personal Accident Insurance
- HSBC Accident and Health Insurance
- Manulife Accident Insurance
- NTUC Personal Accident Insurance
- Prudential Accident Insurance
- Tenet Accident Insurance
- QBE Personal Accident Insurance
- Liberty Personal Accident Leisure
- AIG Personal Accident Insurance
- AIG Single And Special Risk Insurance
- AIG Group Corporate Travel And Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Tenet Personal Accident Insurance
FAQs - Tokio Marine Accident Insurance
- How is the premium calculated for Tokio Marine Accident Insurance Policies?
- I want to insure my wife, my son and myself against accidents. Will I get any discount if I apply for multiple policies?
- What are the additional riders available with the TM PA (Personal Accident) policy?
The premium for the policies are calculated based on factors such as the type of policy selected, underwriting requirements for the policy and the nature of work of the policyholder.
If you opt for the TM 365 accident insurance policy, you will get a discount of 15% as the policy offers a discount of 15% when 3 or more members of a family are protected with the policy, and a discount of 10% when 2 members of a family are protected.
The TM PA (Personal Accident) policy comes with 2 additional riders which are listed below.
- I. Lifestyle Care – It reimburses the amount spent on mobility aids, nursing care and home modifications.
- II. Hospital Care – It reimburses the cost of ambulance services and provides cash benefits for hospitalisation and weekly recuperation.
Yes, children aged 1 and above are eligible for this Tokio Marine Accident Insurance policy.
Yes, the TM PA (Personal Accident) policy offers free coverage for children for maximum 4 children, provided they are unemployed, unmarried and are minimum 1 month old but below 18 years of age.