Life hosts several unpredictable events which may disrupt its normal course. The risks increase further when you are on the road. With several features and benefits to offer, the Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance policy covers you against such incidents and makes your life easier.
Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance Overview
Tenet Insurance Company Limited was established in the year 1957, and was known as The People’s Insurance Company Limited. In 2010, Tenet Insurance Company was acquired by Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. The NIPPONKOA Insurance Company merged with Tenet Insurance Company in 2014, which made them a much larger insurance company. They could reach their customers easily, and provide better services after taking over the general insurance business in Singapore.
The Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance comes with affordable premiums and flexible limits. The benefits can be enjoyed 24X7, worldwide which helps you by providing financial support in case of an unexpected event.
Features of Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance
Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance policy provides you with protection, by offering financial support in a crisis situation.
- Avail up to $2000 as repatriation expenses
- 24X7 worldwide protection against unexpected, unforeseen and sudden events
- Avail treatment for dental injuries
- You are entitled to S$1000 as treatment expenses from Chinese acupuncturist, Physicians, Chiropractors and Bonesetters
- If you enroll yourself before the age of 60 years, you may enjoy renewal up to an age of 75 years, provided there isn’t any lapsation cover.
- Avail cover against motorcycle accidents, murder and assault, insect and animal bites and food poisoning
Benefits of Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance
- This policy covers you in case of accidental death.
- You get 100% cover in case of total and permanent disablement or permanent loss of sight
- Avail 3% to 50% cover in case of finger or toe loss
- Not only do you get 50% cover for loss of speech, but you also get 20% to 75% cover for loss of hearing
- Third degree burns are covered up to 50% or 100%
- Avail weekly income benefits, up to 104 weeks, for partial, temporary or total disablement
Free Extension Covers offered by Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance
- Assault and Murder
- Civil Commotion and Riot
- Repatriation expenses up to an amount of $2000
- Suffocation by poisonous fumes, drowning and smoke
- Accidental miscarriage
- Treatment under several Chinese bonesetters, physicians, acupuncturist and chiropractors and cover up to an amount of S$1000
- Animal or Insect Bite
- Accident while motorcycling
Classification on the basis of occupation
There are three classes created on the basis of occupation
Class 1 – This class includes people who are engaged in non-manual and indoor work in non-hazardous work place, like tailors, nurses, doctors, etc.
Class 2 – This class comprises of people who engage themselves in supervisory or outdoor work which may include a particular amount of manual labour but doesn’t include use of machinery, tools or exposure to hazardous work places. For instance, decoration managers, chauffeurs, insurance agents, etc.
Class 3 – This class includes people who are engaged in work that require manual labour and use of tools or machinery but doesn’t include exposure to hazardous work places. For example, chefs, motor mechanics, etc.
Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance Annual rates / Premium
Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance policy offers 24X7 worldwide protection at extremely affordable premiums.
|List of Benefits||Insured amount||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Death by accident||$10,000||$4.82||$7.49||$11.24|
|Permanent Disablement||$10,000||$2.41(scale 1)
|Weekly benefits for temporary total disablement||$100
50% of above, in case of temporary partial disablement
|Expenses for medical treatment||$500
Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance Eligibility
Citizens of Singapore, residents of India and foreigners with valid work permit, employment pass, dependant pass, long-term social visit pass and student pass are eligible to enroll for a policy. The applicants must be between the age limit of 16 to 70 years.
Compare Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Accident Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Accident Insurance
- AXA Group Personal Accident Insurance
- AVIVA Personal Accident Insurance
- Great Eastern Accident Insurance
- ETIQA Personal Accident Insurance
- HSBC Accident and Health Insurance
- Manulife Accident Insurance
- NTUC Personal Accident Insurance
- Prudential Accident Insurance
- Tokio Marine Accident Insurance
- Tenet Accident Insurance
- QBE Personal Accident Insurance
- Liberty Personal Accident Leisure
- AIG Personal Accident Insurance
- AIG Single And Special Risk Insurance
- AIG Group Corporate Travel And Group Personal Accident Insurance
FAQs - Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance
- What are the exclusions under the policy?
- Do I have to go for a medical examination?
- What is the age limit of the applicants?
- Are all Personal Accident plans the same?
- What is the Free Look Benefit?
The major exclusions that are listed under the Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance policy are – intoxication, AIDS, childbirth, private aviation, war, self-destruction, insanity, venereal diseases, underwater activities, professional sports, etc.
No, you don’t have to go for any medical tests. You will be accepted on the basis of your health declarations produced along with your application form.
The individual applying for the policy must be between ages of 16 to 70 years.
It’s not plausible that all of them are the same. The extensions, disable benefits, exclusions, etc makes all the difference. The Tenet Sompo Personal Accident Insurance policy does not require the accident to be a visible or violent one.
The Free Look Benefit allows you to enjoy the privileges of the policy for 14 days and the drop it, in case you don’t like it. However, this is not applicable for any renewal.