The Enhanced Travel Protector is a travel insurance offered by Standard Chartered and underwritten by MSIG Insurance (Singapore) providing up to 43 travel benefits.
- 30% off on the Single Trip Plan premium.
- 20% off on the Annual Plan + Eagle Creek Duffle M bag worth S$139.
Note: The promotion is valid until July 31, 2016.
Type of Plans:
- Silver, Gold or Platinum plans.
- Single Trip or Annual Trip plans.
Features and Benefits:
- All Singapore Citizens (SCs), Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) and Foreigners with a valid S Pass, Employment Pass or Work Permit are applicable to apply for this insurance.
- Single Trip Plan – Coverage of up to 182 days.
- Annual Trip Plan – No limit on the number of trips for a period of 12 months.
- Coverage in case of Natural Disasters for travel cancellation, postponement, curtailment, flight diversion and delayed departure.
Benefits at a glance:
- Medical expense within Singapore and overseas – Maximum benefit of S$500,000.
- Double Indemnity on public transport - Maximum benefit of S$600,000.
- Travel curtailment, Cancellation or deposit loss in an event of travel agency insolvency - Maximum benefit of S$15,000.
- Damage to or loss of baggage - Maximum benefit of S$5,000.
- Delayed baggage benefit - Maximum benefit of S$1,600.
- Flight diversion and delayed departure benefit - Maximum benefit of S$1,000.
- The enhanced 43 benefits now includes Passive War Extension.
- The delayed baggage feature now pays S$200 for delay of every 6 consecutive hours up to the plan limit.
- The time limit to seek medical assistance in Singapore has been revised to 72 hours from the previous limit of 48 hours.
Exclusions of Enhanced Travel Protector:
The following are excluded from this Standard Chartered travel insurance cover:
- Rafting/canoeing in white water rapids.
- Jet skiing.
- Bungee jumping.
- Underwater activities.
- Ski jumping.
- Ski racing.
- Off-piste skiing or backcountry skiing.
- Using bobsleigh or skeleton.
- Rock climbing or mountaineering.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the period of coverage for each trip?
The cover is applicable from the time you leave for the overseas trip from your home or workplace and elapses 3 hours after your return to Singapore OR until your travel insurance expires, depending of whichever of the two occurs earlier.
- What is the age limit for applying for Enhanced Travel Protector?
There is no age limit to apply for Enhanced Travel Protector. However individuals who are 70 years old and above are only eligible to apply for the Single Trip Policy.
- Can I apply for Enhanced Travel Protector just before departing from the airport in Singapore?
Yes. You are eligible to apply for the Enhanced Travel Protector until you board the plane and are unaware of any circumstances that might cause you to file a claim.
- Are leisure sports included in the Enhanced Travel Protector cover?
Yes. Leisure sports including snorkeling, winter sports and trekking are covered under the Enhanced Travel Protector cover. However hazardous activities mentioned in the previous section will not be covered under this policy.
- Are foreigners eligible to apply for Enhanced Travel Protector?
Yes. Foreigners who hold a valid Work Permit, Employment Pass or S Pass are eligible to apply for Enhanced Travel Protector.