Standard Chartered is one of the top banks across the globe and offers great products and services. The PRUshield is a unique insurance scheme that protects you against the increasing medical expenses. PRUshield is approved by Medisave and can be availed as an integrated medical insurance scheme for citizens of Singapore and permanent residents of Singapore.
Features and Benefits of PRUshield:
- Under PRUshield, you can enjoy extensive coverage.
- Cost of psychiatric treatment for inpatient is covered
- If the insured individual is the organ donor or organ recipient, the transplant benefit can be availed
- Coverage can be availed for planned medical treatment overseas
- 180 days of coverage can be enjoyed during pre and post hospitalisation period
- Individuals can purchase a new plan with no underwriting with the Future Insurance Option
- In order to tackle inflation of medical costs, one can enjoy the adjustment feature for the policy year
- PRUshield can cover an individual for a lifetime. It is a yearly premium plan where renewability is guaranteed. One can make payments for the yearly premium through cash or Medisave
- The policy year limit of PRUshield may go up every year along with the health care expenses (Consumer Price Index) for cutting down increasing medical costs. There are no lifetime limits for the claimable surgical and hospitalisation costs due to accidents or illnesses. This ensures that an individual has sufficient money to avail the best treatment possible
- The benefits are available to individuals who have purchased PRUshield under the standard terms. It allows insured individuals to purchase a new plan without any underwriting up to a certain assured sum upon events that are significant like parenthood, marriage, divorce, legal adoption of a child, marriage of children, death of spouse, etc.
- The premiums that are paid via Medisave are only subject to the Medisave withdrawal limits. For more information, you can log on to the official website of the Ministry of Health
- Prudential Assurance Company in Singapore can increase the policy year limit to keep pace with inflation of medical costs. It is not applicable on Living Organ Donor Transplant, Final Expense Provision, Psychiatric Treatment for Inpatient and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy after hospitalisation
How to apply?
In order to get in touch with the representatives of the bank and apply for this health insurance scheme, one must log on to the official website of the bank. He / She must fill in the required details like name, phone number, email id, etc. He / She should mention the time to be contacted. The bank representative will get in touch soon after this process is followed.
You may also walk into the nearest branch to make an application of this health insurance scheme.