SingPass, the better-known abbreviation for Singapore Personal Access account, is a user ID and password that can be used by individuals for any kind of government and related transactions. The most commonly used transactions include payment of taxes, registering with CBS for credit score updates, checking your CPF information and payments, registering a company, and renewing HDB season parking.
Eligibility criteria for getting SingPass
A SingPass account can be obtained only by a selected list of persons. You have to be at least 15 years old to get SingPass. The list of individuals who can apply for SingPass is:
- Singapore citizens
- Singapore Permanent Residents
- Those with an Employment Pass
- Those with a Personalised Employment Pass
- Those with an EntrePass
- Those with an S-Pass
- Those with a Dependant Pass
- Those with a Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+)
- Work Permit holders who need to use government e-services
Documents required for SingPass application
If you want to get a SingPass account, you need to have any of the documents listed below:
- Singapore Citizens: NRIC, Singapore Passport, OR Singapore Driving Licence.
- Singapore Permanent Residents: NRIC, Passport with re-entry permit, OR Singapore Driving Licence.
- National Service Personnel: NRIC, National Service IDs (11Bs) from SAF, SPF and SCDF, Singapore Passport, OR Singapore Driving Licence.
- Pass holders: Passport AND whichever of these is applicable – Long-Term Pass Card, Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus, valid pass from the Ministry of Manpower such as Employment Pass, EntrePass, S Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, Dependent Pass, or Work Permit.
These documents have to be uploaded when registering for SingPass online or shown at the SingPass Counter when you are making the application. You may also be required to have a Foreign Identification Number (FIN).