It is quite possible that if you don’t use your SingPass account for anything for a few months, you would have forgotten your password. Or, you think someone has access to your password, and you want to change it. Or maybe you just don’t like your current password and would like to reset it. It is quite easy and convenient to change your SingPass password.
You can change or reset your SingPass password in three ways:
- Visit the SingPass website and reset the password. This can be done quickly if your Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is activated.
- Go to a SingPass Counter and get the password reset. You will have to carry the originals of NRIC or FIN with you.
- Reset through your registered mailing address.
How to Change/Reset SingPass Password Online
To reset or change your password online, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the SingPass login page.
- Click on ‘Reset Password’ under the Services menu on the home page.
- Enter your NRIC or FIN number.
- Enter the date of issue of the NRIC or FIN.
- On the next page, you will be asked to put in the OTP you’ve received.
- Submit the OTP within three minutes of receipt or else you’ll have to generate a new one.
- You’ll be taken to the ‘New Password’ page. Enter your new password here – two times for confirmation.
- Once the new password is confirmed, you will receive a notification on SMS and email.
How to Reset/Change Password Through Post
Post-based password reset is required only if you have not set up the 2FA system for your SingPass yet. Make sure that your mailing address in SingPass database is correct, or else the new password will not reach you. The process for password reset through mail is similar to the above process for the first 4 steps. After that:
- Enter your postal code or passport number, depending on whether you’re a local or a foreigner.
- If you have a local address, the new password will reach you within 4 business days.
- If you have an overseas address, it may take 10 business days or more, depending on how far your location is.
How to Reset / Change Password Offline
If you cannot access the internet for some reason, you can visit one of the SingPass Counters scattered around the country. There are over 44 counters, and each counter will have helpful staff who will assist you with all your SingPass-related doubts. You need to carry the required documents, and the password will be reset immediately.
You can also contact the SingPass Hotline (+65 6643 0555) for more details.
SingPass Password Tips
- You cannot have your username as your password. It has to be distinct.
- The password should have both numbers and alphabets, at least one of each.
- There should be at least 8 characters and at the most 24 characters in your password.
- Do not use common passwords such as password123 or pwd123456. SingPass will reject these passwords.
- Keep your password unique but easy to remember. Don’t let them be obvious references to your life such as your date of birth and name, your spouse’s or parent’s name and wedding anniversary, for example. Make it as hard as possible for hacker and cyber thieves.