Singapore Personal Access (SingPass) is a virtual profile for Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and anyone else who needs to conduct transactions with the government departments or organisations related to the government. It is very easy to get a SingPass account if you have all the required documents and fill up the application form correctly.
SingPass registration can be done either online or offline. Here we shall discuss how to apply for SingPass online.
Get your SingPass Account Online
To apply for SingPass online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the SingPass portal singpass.gov.sg.
- Click on ‘Register Now’ under the login prompt section.
- You will be redirected to the page that will tell you everything you need before you start the application process.
- Enter your full name as per NRIC or valid Pass.
- Put in the NRIC number if you are a Singapore citizen or permanent resident, or FIN number if you are a pass holder.
- Enter the date of issue of your NRIC or Pass which can be obtained from the backside of your card.
- Type in the verification code and submit the details.
- Once the registration is accepted, the password for your account will be sent to you by mail in 4 working days or less. If you have an address outside Singapore, the mail will take longer to reach you.
The process only takes about 3 to 5 minutes to complete, and it is hassle-free.
Documents Required to Apply for SingPass Online
Here are the documents you would be required to have if you are applying for SingPass:
- Singapore Passport
- Singapore Driving Licence
- National Service identity card (11B) from SAF, SPF or SCDF
- Passport with Re-entry Permit
- Long Term Pass Card or WP Card
- Valid Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass, S Pass or qualifying Work Permit
- Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) Card
Any one of the above would be sufficient, except for pass holders who have to submit copies of the relevant pass as well as passport of their native country.
Points to Remember When Applying for SingPass Online
- Make sure you are eligible to get a SingPass account.
- Make sure that your address on FIN or NRIC is correct, because the PIN for activation will be sent to your residential address as given in these documents.
- You cannot have more than one SingPass account. You cannot resubmit any details or cancel the profile.
How to Check SingPass Application Status
If you want to know what the status of your SingPass account is go to the SingPass portal and click on ‘Check Application Status’. Here, enter the Reference ID that can be found in the confirmation letter you must have received in your email after you finished your SingPass application. Also put in the date of request.
You can also contact +65 6643 0555 or write to [email protected] for any more queries.