CorpPass or Singapore Corporate Access is a digital corporate platform for businesses and organisations like NGOs to carry out transactions online with government agencies. This online service is available for SingPass Registered Users, foreigners without SingPass, and Foreign Registered Entities. CorpPass is managed by GovTech or Government Technology Agency.
Currently, businesses make transactions via several digital platforms like EASY and SingPass. But, if there is a single corporate identity, users or corporates who transact with many government agencies will no longer require multiple login IDs.
The Singapore government has gotten feedback from businesses that SingPass should not be used for corporate transactions because of privacy issues. If you are going on a leave, for instance, you would leave your SingPass ID and password with your colleagues so that they can fill the corporate tax or apply for licenses and permits on your behalf. If you have separate login IDs for personal and corporate matters, the information will be protected for both you and your business.
Features of CorpPass
- You can have control over the users’ access to more than 30 government services.
- You can regulate an individual user’s access to these digital services within the entity.
- You can transact via third party service providers for selected digital services.
- You can transact with over 130 government services.
CorpPass is available for 2 entities – Singapore Registered Entities and Foreign Registered Entities. Let’s look at the eligibility criteria, roles, and how to set it up for each entity.
Know Your CorpPass Role: Singapore Registered Entities
Registered Officer (RO): An RO is a person who is officially listed with your entity from either a UEN-issuance agency or Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Your RO will nominate a CorpPass Admin and approve the admin’s registration request. The RO does not require a CorpPass account unless he/she wants to be an admin. Examples of ROs are Owner, Partner, Director, and Corporate Secretary of a company.
CorpPass Administrator (Admin): A CorpPass Admin is the one who gets appointed by the RO. He/she will manage CorpPass for the entity. The Admin must be a SingPass holder if your entity (local) is registered with UEN. If your organisation is small, the RO will become the Admin. The CorpPass Admin can create accounts and manage access for your company. Each organisation can have only 2 Admins. A typical example of a CorpPass Admin will be a Director of Corporate Services (Finance/Admin/Human Resources).
CorpPass Sub-Administrator (Sub-Admin):A CorpPass Sub-Admin is a person chosen by the CorpPass Admin to manage the digital service and accounts on the company’s behalf. A Sub-Admin has complete management rights to regulate the users’ access to digital services, unless controlled by the Admin. The accounts of a Sub-Admin will be created by the Admin and do not need any approval. The Sub-Admin, like the Admin, can also create accounts for users within the company. An example of a Sub-Admin is a Manager of Corporate Services (Finance/Admin/Human Resources).
CorpPass Enquiry User: An Enquiry User’s account is created by either the Admin or the Sub-Admin of the entity. The user can use his/her account to transact with the government’s digital services and view the company’s CorpPass set up. For instance, an Enquiry User can view the organisation’s list of digital services, details of accounts within the company, and transaction history of all the accounts. Examples of Enquiry Users include Auditor and Secretary.
CorpPass User: A CorpPass User will have his/her account created by the Admin to transact with government agencies on the company’s behalf. Each User will have a unique login ID. Currently, there is no cap on the number of Users an organisation can have. In smaller companies, the Admin can become the User. Examples of Users include Payroll Executive and Human Resources Manager.
How to Register and Set-Up CorpPass
To register for a CorpPass account, you must first register your company’s Admin on the CorpPass website. Only the Admin or the RO can open an account on the company’s behalf. You will need the following details to open an account for the Admin:
- Your company’s UEN.
- Your SingPass credentials.
- Your valid email address.
If you are not the RO of the company, then you must provide these additional details:
- Last 5 numbers of the RO’s NRIC.
- RO’s email address.
Check the Eligibility
- You or your Registered Officer (RO) must be a SingPass holder.
- Your entity must have a Unique Entity Number (UEN) issued by UEN-issuance agencies.
If you are registering as the company’s Registered Officer, then you do not need to provide any documents.
If you are the Admin who wants to open an account, then you must provide CorpPass with the following details:
- Letter of Authorisation (LOA).
- Your RO’s NRIC, FIN, or passport.
Identify Your CorpPass Role: Foreign Registered Entities
CorpPass Administrator (Admin): A CorpPass Admin is the one who gets appointed by the company. The Admin will manage CorpPass for the organisation. He/she must be a SingPass holder if your company is registered with UEN. The CorpPass Admin can create accounts and manage access for your company. Each entity can have only 2 Admins. An example of a CorpPass Admin will be a Director of Corporate Services (Finance/Admin/Human Resources).
CorpPass Sub-Administrator (Sub-Admin): A CorpPass Sub-Admin is chosen by the CorpPass Admin to manage the digital services and accounts on the company’s behalf. A Sub-Admin has complete administration rights to regulate the users’ access to digital services, unless regulated by the Admin. The accounts of a Sub-Admin will be created by the Admin and do not need any approval. The Sub-Admin, like the Admin, can also create accounts for users within the company. Examples of a Sub-Admin is a Manager of Corporate Services (Finance/Admin/Human Resources).
CorpPass Enquiry User: The Admin or the Sub-Admin of the company is responsible for creating an Enquiry User’s account. The Enquiry User can use the account to transact with the government’s digital services and only view the organisation’s CorpPass setup. For instance, the Enquiry User can view the account details of the company, the organisation’s list of digital services, the transaction history of all the accounts. Auditor and Secretary are examples of Enquiry Users.
CorpPass User: The Admin of the company will create the CorpPass User’s account. He/she can then transact with the government agencies on the company’s behalf. Each User will have a single login ID. Also, a company can have any number of Users. In smaller companies, the Admin can become the User. Examples of Users are Human Resources Manager and Payroll Executive.
How to Register for CorpPass
A CorPass Admin is the only one who can register an account on behalf your company. The other accounts will be created by the Admin. The Admin can begin the registration process by getting in touch with any of the agencies you will transact with.
Once the application is approved, the Admin needs to download the CorpPass 2FA for foreigners, a mobile app designed for non-SingPass holders. Upon successful set-up, the Admin can register your company and transact with the government agencies.
How to Set Up CorpPass 2FA for Foreigners
Follow the instructions to set up CorpPass 2FA for foreigners:
- Open the mobile app on your phone
- Click on ‘Next’ or swipe left to continue.
- Click on ‘Get started with CorpPass’ to begin the process.
- Key in your CorpPass credentials.
- Enter the OTP sent to your email address and click on ‘Submit’.
- Set your 6-digit passcode for future logins.
- Alternatively, enable fingerprint authentication instead of passcode.
To register for CorpPass, you must upload the following documents:
- Business Registration Document.
- Admin’s passport or driver’s license.
How to Check Registration Status
Using Reference ID or Entity Registration ID Visit the CorpPass webpage and click on ‘Check Registration Status’. Here, enter your reference ID which you received after registering or the Entity Registration ID, (and NRIC/FIN/Foreign ID, in case you choose Entity Registration ID), and the verification code. Then, click on ‘Check’.
How to Activate CorpPass Account
Using Reference ID: Go to the ‘Activate CorpPass Account’ webpage and select reference ID. Type your reference number which you received via mail for account activation. Then, enter the verification code and click on ‘Next’ to set up your login details.
Using Entity Registration IDVisit the same webpage and click on Entity Registration ID. Enter the registration number and your NRIC/FIN/Foreign ID number. Type out the verification code and click on ‘Next’ to set up your login details.
How to Retrieve CorpPass or Entity ID
Visit the ‘Retrieve CorpPass or Entity ID’ webpage. Enter your NRIC/FIN/Foreign ID number and the UEN/Entity number. Then, type the verification code and click on ‘Next’.
How to Reset CorpPass Password
Go to the ‘Reset Password’ webpage and enter your Entity ID along with the CorpPass ID. Then type the verification code and click on ‘Next’ to set up your new password.
How to Update CorpPass Profile
Follow the instructions to update your profile:
- Sign in with your UEN or Entity ID, CorpPass ID, and password.
- Go to the 2FA verification page and select either ‘Via SMS’ or ‘Via OneKey Token’.
- Generate an OTP using either of the methods and type out the code on the relevant tab.
- As a CorpPass Admin, you will land on the CorpPass Admin page.
- Click on ‘My Account’ and choose ‘View My Profile’.
- As a CorpPass User, you will reach the CorpPass User page.
- Click on ‘View My Profile’.
- For both accounts, click on the ‘Profile’ tab.
- Update your email address and mobile number and click on ‘Save’.
- For email address, enter the OTP sent on your updated email and click on ‘Next’.
- You will get a confirmation message.
List of Agencies on CorpPass
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Accountant-General's Department (AGD)
- Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA)
- Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
- Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB)
- Council of Estate Agents (CEA)
- Central Provident Fund Board (CPF)
- Council of Estate Agents (CEA)
- Department of Statistics (DOS)
- Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Family Justice Courts
- Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
- Health Promotion Board (HPB)
- Health Sciences Authority (HSA)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB)
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
- Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- JTC Corporation (JTC)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Ministry of Finance (MOF)
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)
- Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- Ministry of Home Affairs - Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)
- Ministry of Law (MinLaw)
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
- Ministry of National Development (MND)
- Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)
- Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI)
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- National Arts Council (NAC)
- National Council of Social Service (NCSS)
- National Environment Agency (NEA)
- National Library Board (NLB)
- National Parks Board (NParks)
- National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic (MOE-NP)
- Singapore Police Force (SPF)
- Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC)
- Singapore Customs (CUSTOMS)
- Supreme Court (Sup Ct)
- Singapore Tourism Board
- Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC) Pte Ltd
- Singapore Land Authority (SLA)
- Sport Singapore
- State Courts
- SkillsFuture Singapore and Workforce Singapore (SSG&WSG)
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
Q. What is LOA?
A. A Letter of Authorisation or LOA is a method for the RO to approve new CorpPass Admin accounts, in case of his/her absence or if they do not have a SingPass account to approve accounts online.
Q. How do I find out the RO of my company?
A. To know who your RO is, visit the UEN-issuance agency your company is registered under.
Q. What can I do if the documents for a foreign company is not in English?
A. If your documents are not in English, then you must either get them translated or attested by the Notary Public or Embassy of the country that issued the document.
Q. How many accounts can a foreign company have at a time?
A. A foreign organisation can have up to 5 accounts, which includes Admin accounts.
Q. How long will it take to register an account as a foreign entity?
A. It takes around 5 to 10 business days for a CorpPass account to get processed.