Can Malaysians apply for SingPass?
The Government of Singapore does not restrict people from applying for a SingPass based on nationality. Irrespective of whether you are a Singaporean or Malaysian or European, if you meet certain eligibility criteria, you can apply for SingPass. If you need to pay money or get money from the Singapore government for any kind of scheme, then you should already be meeting some of the qualifying conditions for getting a SingPass account.
Malaysians who can apply for SingPass
Let us look at which set of Malaysians can apply for SingPass, based on the eligibility parameters set by the Singapore government:
- Malaysians who are Singapore citizens
- Malaysians who are Singapore Permanent Residents
- Malaysians who have an Employment Pass
- Malaysians who have a Personalised Employment Pass
- Malaysians who have an EntrePass
- Malaysians who have an S Pass
- Malaysians who have a Dependent’s Pass through a primary Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass holder
- Malaysians who have a Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+)
- Malaysians who are Work Permit holders and need to use SingPass login for various e-Services
In addition to the above, you have to be at least 15 years old to apply for SingPass.
Documents required by Malaysians to apply for SingPass
If you are a Malaysian and have any of the required documents, you can apply for SingPass. The documents needed for a SingPass account are:
- NRIC (for Singapore citizens, permanent residents, and National Service staff)
- Singapore Passport (for Singapore citizens and National Service staff)
- Passport with re-entry permit (for permanent residents)
- Singapore Driving Licence (for Singapore citizens, permanent residents, and National Service staff)
- Identity card or 11Bs from SAF, SPF or SCDF (for National Service staff)
- Valid Pass from the Ministry of Manpower (for Malaysians who have an Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass, S Pass, Dependent Pass, LTVP+ Card, or qualifying work permit)
Malaysians who have a valid pass or permit also have to present their Malaysian passport.
If you have all or any of the documents as stated above, and meet the qualifying conditions set by the government of Singapore, you can apply for a SingPass account without any hassles.