This is a savings account with bonus interest for those looking to maximise their savings. This deposit account offers an interest of up to 1% p.a. when you maintain a Monthly Average Balance (MAB) in your account of more than S$10,000 or increase your previous month’s MAB. Your MAB is the sum of the balance at the end of every day, divided by the number of calendar days in that month. If you are a foreigner, young adult or PR holder, you can also qualify to open this savings account.
What Are the Features and Benefits of This Account?
- Attractive: Earn an interest rate of upto 1% p.a.
- Flexibility: No lock-in period, meaning you can withdraw at ease.
- Simplicity: The criteria for earning bonus interest is easy-to-meet.
- Convenience: Access e-statements for your account 24/7.
- Multi-purpose: Link your UOB ATM card or debit card to this account.
- Accessible: Access your Stash Account through the UOB Mighty app or via personal internet banking.
Which Type of Customer Will Benefit Most from This Account?
- This account targets all savers who are looking to earn bonus interest on their balances.
- It is also useful to those who wish to maintain their balances and savings.
How Does the UOB Stash Account Work?
- Customers can earn total interest equal to the sum of their base interest and bonus interest.
- The base interest is consistently 0.05% p.a. and is applied to your account’s day-end balance.
- The bonus interest is calculated based on whether you maintain or increase your month’s MAB.
|UOB Stash Account Balance||Base Interest Rate (p.a.)||Bonus Interest Rate (p.a.)||Total Interest (p.a.)|
*Ineligible for any bonus interest rate because it is not above S$10,000. Only the base rate applies.
Keep in mind that the balance in the UOB Stash Account must be above S$10,000 to earn the bonus interest. Also, the bonus interest has a capped MAB of S$100,000.
A greater balance than S$100,000 results in no bonus interest.
Current Promotions to Consider
Nation of Savers Promotion
Open a UOB Stash Account online now and earn S$100 in cash credit instantly – if you meet the this requirement: You are able to deposit S$5,300 in fresh funds. You cannot deposit this amount from any existing UOB accounts (savings/current/fixed deposits).
This offer is valid from 16 July 2018 to 31 August 2018.
Up to 1.2% p.a. Bonus Interest Promotion
Open a UOB Stash Account before 30 September 2018 and earn up to 1.2% p.a. interest.
- The maximum EIR offered on this account at an MAB of S$200,000 is 1.01% p.a.
- The maximum EIR on this account at a MAB of S$100,000 is 0.83% p.a.
Both EIRs are in effect provided:
- You maintain an MAB above S$10,000.
- Your MAB for the current month is equal to or above that of the previous month.
- The maximum MAB you can have in your account to earn the bonus interest rate is S$200,000.
|UOB Stash Account Balance||Base Interest Rate||Bonus Interest Rate||Total Interest|
|Up to S$10,000||0.05% p.a.||0.35% p.a.*||0.4% p.a.|
|Totalling S$50,000||0.75% p.a.||0.8% p.a.|
|Totalling S$100,000||0.95% p.a.||1% p.a.|
|Totalling S$200,000||1.15% p.a.||1.20% p.a.|
|Over S$200,000||-||0.05% p.a.|
*Bonus rate will be applicable from the first S$ saved in this account during the promotion period.
This offer is valid from 2 July 2018 to 29 September 2018.
What Is the Maximum Effective Interest Rate (EIR) on the Stash Account?
|Balance Amount||Effective Interest Rate (p.a.)|
|If S$50,000 is held over 1 year||0.65%|
|If S$100,000 is held over 1 year||0.83%|
What Is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners may apply.
- S$1,000 initial deposit required to open this account.
- The minimum age requirement is 15 years old.
What Are the Fees and Charges for This Account?
|Minimum Initial Deposit||S$1,000|
|Fall-below/Minimum balance fee||S$2/month (If below S$1,000)|
|ATM fees||Free at Singapore UOB ATMs S$5/withdrawal outside Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia|
|Account closure charge||S$30 if account is closed within 6 months|
Closing of This Account?
Closing the account within 6 months from the opening date results in an early account closure fee of S$30. In the event that you close this account before the bonus interest rate is credited, you will forfeit the same.
How to Apply for the UOB Stash Account?
For Singaporeans and Permanent Residents: You can open your account round-the-clock by using MyInfo or your Internet Banking - without having to submit any documents. New customers who apply between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. will have their accounts opened immediately. Applying before and after the cut-off times will result in the account being opened the following business day.
For U.S. Applicants and Foreigners: You may apply at your nearest UOB branch.