It’s a basic savings account that allows you to keep a track of your transactions through a passbook. With tiered interest rates offered on this account, you can earn more as you save more. In addition, you get Online Banking facility as well as a Maybank debit card to ensure smooth access to funds at any time and at any place. Find out more about this savings account.
Features and Benefits of Maybank Passbook Savings Account: Free Cash Withdrawal at All Maybank and atm5 ATMs
The following features and benefits are applicable for this savings account:
- This savings account will provide you with attractive rates of interest.
- With this savings account, you can withdraw at any ATM of Maybank and atm5 network in Singapore without having to pay any additional charge.
- 24/7 access to a range of services with Online and Mobile Banking.
- This savings account allows you to make payments through your Maybank Platinum Debit Card at all NETS and FlashPay acceptance points.
Interest Rates: Earn Up to 0.25% p.a.
Check out the interest rates applicable to this account:
|Amount||Rate of interest (p.a.)|
|On the first S$3,000||0.1875% p.a.|
|On the next S$47,000||0.1875% p.a.|
|On any balance above S$50,000||0.25% p.a.|
Fees and Charges
Take a look at the fees and charges applicable to the Maybank Passbook Savings Account:
|Type of fee||Fee charged|
|Fall-below fee charged each month||
|Early account closure fee||S$30 (if the account is closed within six months of opening)|
Are You Eligible to Open This Account?
You have to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for this savings account:
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- If you are a Singaporean or a Singaporean PR, you must make an initial deposit of at least S$500.
- If you are a foreigner, you must make a minimum initial deposit of S$1,000. However, if you are a foreigner and have a work permit, there is no minimum initial deposit requirement.
Documents RequiredSingapore Citizens or Permanent Residents
- A copy of NRIC.
- Employment Pass.
- Mail address proof. You can submit a copy of utility bills, telco bills, or bank statements held with any other bank in Singapore with your mailing address stated on it.
- Work Permit.
- Mail address proof.
- Salary crediting account with Maybank.
How to Apply for Maybank Passbook Savings Account
You can apply for Maybank Passbook Savings Account by directly visiting a Maybank branch. You can do so by making an appointment with your preferred Maybank branch directly through the website. The appointment can be made online through a few clicks. The following steps will guide you through the process of making the appointment:
- On the main webpage of the Maybank Passbook Savings Account, you will have to click on the link that reads “Make an appointment with your preferred Branch”.
- Once you click that link, you will be directed to another page where you will have to click on the “Schedule branch appointment” tab.
- In the next step, you will land on the “iAppointment” portal. You have to check or fill five different sections on this portal. In the first section, you have to select your preferred branch in the “Select your desired branch” tab. A drop-down list will appear showing a list of branches from where you have to make your choice.
- The next section is where you choose the purpose behind making the appointment at a Maybank branch. This section is in the form of a tab that reads “Choose the services you would like to enquire on”. You are supposed to select the “Opening of savings or current account” option under this tab to state the purpose of your appointment.
- The next section comprises of the “Choose a date and time of your convenience” tab where you decide on a preferred date and time for the appointment. When you click on this tab, you will find the option to pick a suitable date. Once you’re done fixing the date, you can also pick the time slot.
- In the next section, you will find the “Input your contact details”. You have to fill this section with your name, mobile number, and email address.
- Once you have completely filled all relevant information, you can proceed to the last tab that reads “Confirm your iAppointment”. Once the confirmation step is complete, a confirmation mail regarding the appointment with Maybank will be sent to your email address. Besides, you will also receive a confirmation SMS on your mobile phone.
- At the time of the appointment, you have to simply place a request with the bank for opening of a Maybank Passbook Savings Account. You should ideally carry all relevant documents during your appointment.
Q. Is the Maybank Passbook Savings Account available to Clubs and Societies?
A. Yes, the Maybank Passbook Savings Account is available to Clubs and Societies.
Q. What is the minimum monthly average balance maintenance requirement for Maybank Passbook Savings Account?
A. You must maintain a minimum monthly average balance of S$1,000 in order to avoid paying the fall-below fee.
Q. What is the insurance coverage provided by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation in case of a Maybank Passbook Savings Account?
A. The Deposit Insurance Scheme provides coverage for Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors up to a total sum of S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Additionally, deposits and monies which are under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme and denominated in Singapore dollars will also be aggregated and covered separately for up to an amount of S$50,000 in case of each depositor per Scheme member.
Q. Are structured deposits, foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, and other investment products insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation?
A. Structured deposits, foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, and other investment products will not be insured under the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation.