Enjoy competitive interest rate structures and continue earning cash rebates with the Citibank Tap and Save Account.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Tap and Save Account:
- Rebates – Every top-up of EZ-Link Reload will earn you 2% cash rebate. All other daily expenses will earn you 1% cash rebate. The rebates will be credited to your savings account automatically.
- Interest Rate - When you start saving in this account, you will earn a base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and a step-up interest rate of up to 0.13% p.a. as and when you increase your savings in this account.
- Initial Deposit Amount – S$2,000.
- Checking Facility:
- Issuance of personalized cheque books. The first cheque book issued upon opening the account is free. Each additional cheque book thereafter will cost S$15.
- Cheque imaging printing available free of cost on your monthly statements that will help you track and monitor your account activity conveniently.
- Online Banking facility includes Pay Anyone online cheque payment service. You can also transfer funds directly between different accounts.
- Phone banking facility includes access to Automated Voice Response and CitiPhone Banking.
- You will receive an International ATM Card upon opening this savings account which will have access to more than 1.4 million Visa PLUS ATMs across the globe.
Interest Rate Structure:
- When you open this savings account, you will earn a base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.
- This interest will step-up over a period of 12 months up to 0.13% p.a. as and when the balance in your account consecutively increases.
- If the minimum balance of the current month is lesser than that of the previous month, then depending on the minimum balance in your savings account, your step-up counter will reset to 9, 6 or 0.
Eligibility Criteria for Citibank Tap and Save Account:
The following individuals are eligible to apply for Citibank Tap and Save Account:
- Applicants who are at least 18 years of age and above.
- Applicants who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Documentation Criteria for Citibank Tap and Save Account:
To be eligible to apply for Citibank Tap and Save Account, you must submit the following documents:
- A front and back copy of your NRIC.
- If your address is not the same as mentioned on your NRIC, you must also submit your most recent telephone bill copy as Address Proof.
- CPF statement for the last 12 months online by following the link provided on the Citibank Checking and Savings Account Application Form web page of the official Citibank Singapore website. If you are unable to submit your statement online, you must complete your application by visiting your nearest Citibank bank branch.
Applying for Citibank Step-Up Account:
- You must email the above requested documents to the email address provided on the Citibank Checking and Savings Account Application Form web page of the official Citibank Singapore website.
- If you are unable to submit your documents online, you can visit your nearest Citibank bank branch and apply for Citibank Tap and Save Account directly in person.
- Once you submit your application form along with the required documents, the bank will respond to you within 2 business days and provide you with an update.