Citibank has a wide range of savings account deposits for people with different needs. There is a no-frills basic banking account that offers all the basic features that come with a savings account as well as an account for children that parents can use to save money for their kids as they grow. You do not have to maintain a minimum balance in the Citibank Junior Savings Account.
Types of Savings Accounts Offered by Citi
- Money Market Account: Earn more in the form of interest with this account as the interest is calculated based on the interbank bid rate of the Singapore Dollar .
- Basic Banking Account: This is an account that offers all the basic banking services such as online banking, phone banking, ATM Card, checking facility and more.
- Citibank Junior Savings Account: This is an account for kids aged 18 or below and offers all the facilities of a standard savings account. A child over 15 can access this account independently.
- Citibank Tap and Save Account: This account offers unique benefits such as cash rebate when you shop or top-up through EZ-Link.
- Citibank Step-Up Account: Earn more interest when you save more with this account and get access to Automatic Teller Machines at SMRT stations throughout Singapore.
- Citibank MaxiSave Account: This is an interest bearing checking account that gives you instant access to payments and funds.
- Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account: Get a bonus interest rate of 2.5% p.a. in addition to free cash withdrawals at Citibank ATMs abroad.
- Citi MaxiGain Savings Account: Earn an interest rate of 2% p.a. on your savings with this account if you are a Citi Priority relationship member and have a deposit of at least S$70,000.
Features and Benefits: Earn Bonus Interest of up to 2% p.a. On Your Savings
- Get instant access to payments and funds.
- Enjoy access to benefits such as checking facilities, phone banking, online banking and ATM card.
- Track your funds easily with separate monthly electronic statement.
- Interest accrued will be calculated on a daily basis and credited to your account each month.
- Get cash rebate with EZ-Link Reload top up and on everything else from shopping to coffee.
- Enjoy free cash withdrawals from overseas Citi ATMs with no processing fees charged on select savings accounts.
Promotions: New Funds Top Up
As part of the new funds top up promotion, if you are a Citi Priority, Citigold or Citigold Private Client, you will be eligible for cash rewards when you add money to your savings account. This promotional offer is valid until 31 December 2018. The table below shows the cash rewards that you will get with the corresponding top up amount:
|Top Up Amount||Base Reward||Bonus Reward|
|Insurance||Investment (Accumulated purchase from top up done until 31 December 2018)||Investment Transfer-in|
|From S$1 million||S$2,000||S$3000||S$3000||S$1,500|
|From S$1.5 million||S3,500||S$4,500||S$4,500||S$2.250|
|From S$3 million||S7,000||S$10,000||S$10,000||S$4,500|
As part of the Client Referral Programme, if you are a Citigold member, you can refer a friend of yours to open an account with Citibank and get rewarded with up to S$1,000 in cash. This offer will be valid until 31 December 2018.
Fees Applicable on Citibank Accounts
The only charge applicable with Citibank savings accounts is the monthly service fee of S$2 which has been waived for persons under government's Public Assistance Scheme. The interest rate applicable to Citibank savings accounts range from 0.13% p.a. to 2% p.a.
Q. Is the online banking facility available with Citibank Junior Savings Account?
A. The online banking facility is available for parents and a child who is 15 years or older, but not for anyone younger than 15 in case of Citibank Junior Savings Account.
Q. Is the cheque book facility available with Citibank Junior Savings Account?
A. No, you will not get a cheque book with your Citibank Junior Savings Account.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for Citibank MaxiSave Account?
A. You will have to be at least 18 years or older to be eligible for Citibank MaxiSave Account.
Q. What interest will I earn with my Citi MaxiGain Savings Account?
A. With Citi MaxiGain Savings Account, you will earn bonus interest (maximum 1.2%) and base interest (0.8%) if you fulfil the required criteria.
Q. If I fulfil all the conditions, when will I get my bonus and base interest?
A. You will get the base and bonus interest on the last day of the month.