Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account gives customers access to different foreign currencies and allows them to make transactions in different currencies using a single platform.
Features and Benefits of Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account:
- You can manage your daily Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account transactions using Citibank ATMs, Internet Banking Service, CitiPhone Banking and AVR.
- Customers can open this account with a minimum initial deposit of USD 5,000.
- Using this account, customers can access 9 different currencies, which are US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Yen, Euro, Sterling Pound and Swiss Franc.
- This account provides checking facilities for USD. The cheque books will be automatically replenished for the account holders and they can easily monitor and track their monthly statements.
- Customers can use this account via the bank’s Online Banking Service. They can make online cheque payments and transfer funds to within accounts.
- Customers will get a free international ATM card with this account. This card can be used in more than 1.4 million Visa PLUS ATMs.
- Customers can use AVR (Automated Voice Response) service and CitiPhone Banking service to manage their Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account.
- Anyone who is at least 18 years old is eligible to apply for Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account.
- Both Singaporeans and Foreigners are eligible to open this account.
- Non-profit organizations can also open this account.
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents have to submit the following documents at the time of application:
- Front and back copy of NRIC.
- Copy of recent telephone bill (to be provided if billing address and the address mentioned in IC are different).
- Previous 12 months CPF Statement has to be submitted via CPF WEB-LINK. If you are not able to submit it using this option, then you have to visit the nearest branch of the bank to complete the application process.
Fees and Charges:
|First cheque book||Free|
|Subsequent cheque books||S$15|
The fees and charges can be changed at any time at the bank’s discretion.
How to Apply?
Customers can apply for Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account online on the website of the bank. To apply, they have to do the following:
- Open the website of Citibank Singapore.
- Click on ‘Deposits’ on the menu tab.
- Select ‘Foreign Currency Accounts’ from the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘Apply’ under the ‘Global Foreign Currency Account’ section.
After you submit the online application, a representative from the bank will contact you within a period of 2 working days and give you an update.